Contacts Inquiry Overview
The SapphireOne Contacts Inquiry screen within SapphireOne Assets allows the user to record contacts and link assets to a particular contact. This screen is the same as SapphireOne Contacts Inquiry and is accessible from a number of areas within SapphireOne.
When the Contacts Inquiry is first selected SapphireOne will display a complete list of all Contacts within the company data file as seen below.
It should be noted that contacts, when accessed here in a SapphireOne CRM contacts Inquiry, and from the Palette, the Main tool bar operates as normal. The user simply highlights a contact and uses, Look , Modify or New from the main toolbar. When changes are to be Saved use the Save icon.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on screen. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
- ID – This is a number automatically entered by SapphireOne. When creating transactions for Clients or Vendors the first contact in the respective client list will be entered in the Contact field as a number with the name of the Contact following. If a different SapphireOne CRM contact is to be used, entering the ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbol will display a list of all the contacts for that Client or Vendor allowing a selection to be made. (This is linked with the Lookup data entry field just below).
- Mailout Checkbox – Select if this contact is to receive mail outs.
- Active Checkbox – will automatically be selected for a new SapphireOne CRM contact. If a contact is not used deselect it.
- Paperclip – Documents may be linked to a specific contact within either a Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address record.
- Name – The normal entry of First name and Surname are entered here.
- Position – This is a user created drop down menu.
- Look Up – Any SapphireOne CRM contact created in the Address Page of a Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address must have an entry in this field, so as to display it in the first column of the list when the button is selected, when changing the address in a transaction. The list displays the data entered into the Lookup field in the first column, followed by the address in the second column.
- Area – This is a user created drop down menu.
- Code – data entry field is another field which can be manually set and used for extra reporting, e.g., the area the contact works in, Admin, Sales etc.
- The fields Company, Rep, Class and Link are all entered from information in the Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address master records. If the SapphireOne CRM contact is created here by accessing the Inquiry Palette they will all have to be entered manually.
- Order – Entering a number in the field specifies where the contact will be in the contact list on the Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address inquiry screen number one being at the top of the list. If you already have a list of contacts, you will have to check the list first then make a decision as to where in the list you want this any new contacts placed. Also SapphireOne will by default enter the contact with the lowest order number into any transactions for that Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Provision is made for the entry of both a Postal and a Physical address. Using the Up arrow will copy the Postal address details to the Physical address fields.
A common feature available throughout SapphireOne is the ability to obtain a map view from a Physical address record. This is achieved by clicking the “Physical” heading highlighted below. This functionality is also included on Sapphire Webpack and the Sapphire Custom Webpack.
This feature is device/platform agnostic and will utilise your default Mapping application within either an app or web browser.
Lookup Details Area
- Of particular interest, here is the Type data entered by SapphireOne. This contact was created while modifying a Client so SapphireOne has automatically set as the Type code as CLLink. (CL = Client and Link = link).
Phone Details Area
- The details in this area are self-explanatory. The labels associated with the fields in the left hand columns cannot be altered. However, the labels associated with the fields in the right hand column may be altered as required by the user. To do this go to: Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > System. The feature is located in the Contact Phone Titles area on the right hand side.
- Anywhere in SapphireOne that you see the Call icon next to a telephone number means that if you have the appropriate software installed, SapphireOne will dial the number. The icon will turn red indicating that a call is in progress. Clicking on the red icon to hang up the call.
SapphireOne’s integration with MailChimp allows client information to be automatically updated and exchanged between the SapphireOne ERP Accounting and MailChimp platforms. You can import and subscribe your client database directly from SapphireOne into MailChimp, or connect contacts individually.
The integration creates an inbuilt Marketing feature located within every SapphireOne ‘Contact’ card. This feature includes a ‘Create Member in MailChimp’ button, which allows you to automatically add your current and new contacts and their captured details directly to your chosen subscriber lists and marketing campaigns within the MailChimp platform.
Once you have added your contact to MailChimp through SapphireOne, all MailChimp marketing activities surrounding the client will be automatically recorded directly within the SapphireOne Contact card in the Marketing area.
This gives you the ability to view all marketing communication for each client within the individual Contact – including details such as the date & time the email was received, the date & time it was opened, and how many times it was viewed.
This feature also keeps an automatic record of every campaign each client has received since joining your MailChimp subscriber list, as well as how they responded, allowing you to review and plan your targeted digital marketing strategies moving forward.
The most recent three campaigns received will be displayed in the Marketing field within the Contact for your quick reference, and all previous communication history can be viewed when selecting the green Expand icon next to the ‘Create Member in MailChimp’ button.
- This area can be used to make permanent notes or reminders when you deal with Contacts. When you click on the button a time stamp will be created at the beginning of the notes section.
- Selecting the Expand button will make the notes screen maximise. You can click the same button again to minimise the notes the same as with the list of contacts.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can tick them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.
This Custom Page is where the user is able to customise both the Area and Data Field Headings. This Custom Page is available in nearly every major function in SapphireOne, including Clients, Vendors, Inventory, Job Projects, Assets and Employee inquiries.
There are various numbers of Alpha, Numeric, Date and text field headings that are available for the user to customise. When the user edits these headings it is important to consider the number of characters that will fit into the space provided on the Custom page itself. A second consideration is how the headings will fit into any reports that are produced from this Custom Page.
For the existing default names as entered by SapphireOne, the first number indicates the order that it is in the group, and the second number denotes how long the actual data entry field is for the entry of user data. For example, ASAlpha_1_20 denotes that the Data Entry Field is the 1st data entry field in the group, and it will allow up to 20 characters. ASAlpha_8_80 denotes that is is the 8th data entry field in the group with a maxim limit of 80 Characters.
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Please note that when creating a new record in SapphireOne, you are unable to attach a document until the record has an entered ID.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local computer or device).
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local computer, device or network).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer or device.
The Title and Type of the document are displayed in the Details Area.
Last Modified Area
The documents area keeps a record of the Time and Date of when the document was last modified in addition to who initially added it.
The links area allows you to record links to other places this document has been attached to. You can add and remove Links using (+) and (-) .
The history area records changes made to the document.
Any relevant notes which relate to the document may be recorded here. Clicking the green clock icon will add a date/time stamp.