Scheduler Inquiry Overview
The Scheduler function within SapphireOne PayRoll/HR Roster menu provides a user friendly calendar facility for managing, modifying and publishing your employee roster.
The Scheduler Inquiry is directly linked to the Roster Page in an Employee Inquiry.
Across the top of the Scheduler screen there are a number of menus allowing the user to alter what is viewed and the time periods that are displayed.
- Location – If multiple locations are set up for employee’s, the location drop-down menu may be used to select the employees on an area or location by location basis.
- View – The View Drop-Down menu has a number of viewing options for the user. These options alter the way that the data is displayed on the chart. There are 3 area or location options and also Employee by Day and Fortnight.
- Date – The Date selection menu is directly linked to the View drop-down menu. This may be altered with the use of the drop-down menu or the < or > keys on a week or two-week basis, depending on the selection made in the View drop-down menu.
- Fill Shifts – Selecting the Fill Shifts button will cause the display of the pop-up menu with the options to fill the shifts as follows:
- Fill Empty Shifts with Open Status
- Fill Shifts with Lowest Cost
- Fill Shifts with Even Employee Hours
- Copy Shifts from Last Week
- Actions – Selecting the Actions button will cause the display of the menu with the options to Reload or update the scheduler, and to Publish all scheduled shifts.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
How to Enter a New Roster Entry
To set up a new roster entry simply left mouse click on the cell that is the correct date. SapphireOne will display the small pop up with the date, greyed out, with the New Shift option available. Select the New Shift option to open the below screen and create a new roster entry.
- Date – The date and all above it will be automatically entered by SapphireOne, although the day may be altered if required.
- Start and Finish Time – Enter in a start time and a Finish time using the drop-down menus.
- Qty – The Qty or Quantity is in hours to the second decimal place. It is calculated by SapphireOne from the selection made in the Start and Finish times as entered, although this may be altered if required.
- Break – The Break time if entered is in Minutes, and SapphireOne will then recalculate the Qty in hours to the second decimal place. 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM is 8.5 hours. Less a 30 minute or .5 hour break leaves 8.00 hours and .5 hours or 30 minutes for the break.
- Select the Green Tick to save the newly created roster entry. The roster entry will now be displayed as Scheduled.
Publishing a Roster Entry
Once the user is ready to publish a roster entry, they can left click on the Scheduled cell. The pop-up will display the name of the employee and the date of the shift with the following options:
- Edit – The option to Edit the shift.
- Publish – The option to Publish the shift.
- Work – The option to alter the shift to Work or worked is greyed out, not active.
- Delete – And finally, the option to Delete the shift.
Selecting anywhere within the table with the right mouse button will result in a context menu with the following options:
- Copy – Copy the calendar view to your clipboard for paying into another document.
- Save as – Save the calendar view to one of an extensive list of available image formats.
- Display Format – Change the presentation of the selected cell.