Job Project GL Overview
The SapphireOne Job Project GL Inquiry displays a list of General Ledger accounts that are currently being used in all Job Projects in SapphireOne. All General Ledger accounts are listed by Job Project ID.
No data entry is performed in this function, however the user may double click on a line and view additional details about the line that is selected.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
To print Job Project GL Reports, select the Print icon on the main tool bar. When the print button is selected SapphireOne will display a Job Project GL Reports print alert. This is the standard print alert in SapphireOne which allows a selection of criteria to be applied to the displayed data.
- Print Destination – The user can send the report to the Printer, Custom Report or export it to a CSV file.
- Report Types – These are Balance, Income and Costs, Joint Venture Detail and Joint Venture Summary.
- Report Details – Current Sort, Use Account ID, Use Account Class, Use Project ID and Use Project Class.
- Options Button – Selecting the Options button will display a Select Report Controls alert which allows selection of additional criteria to be applied to the displayed data.
- Format – Various format for values printed may be set up here.
- Calculation Column – Three Radio buttons allow the user to select a calculation option. The first two can not be altered by the user, the last one must be entered by the user.
- Variance – Calculation is Round ((A/B;4)*100)
- Difference – Calculation is Round ((A-B);2)
- Formula – Entered by the user.
- Report Header – If a report header is required enter it here.
- OK Button – When you have made you selections select this button and then you will be returned to the print alert.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
It is important to make all of your selections from the drop-down menus first on the initial Print dialog screen. If any alterations are made using the Options function, any additional alterations made when returning to the Print dialog screen will overwrite any options that the user has set up. The user should immediately on returning to the Print dialog screen select the Print button.