Job Project GL Overview
The SapphireOne Job Project GL Inquiry displays a list of General Ledger accounts that are currently being used in all Job Projects in SapphireOne. All General Ledger accounts are listed by Job Project ID.
No data entry is performed in this function, however the user may double click on a line and view additional details about the line that is selected.
All inquiry screens in SapphireOne offer the option to customise the list of items displayed on the page. This feature, known as Custom Inquiry, allows you to select the data fields to be shown and the order in which the columns of data appear across the screen. Although a client list is used as an example below, any type of inquiry can be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below represents the standard inquiry list, displaying a basic set of data fields for each client record:
Swap to Custom Inquiry
When you select the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry’ button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen, SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen, as shown below. This Custom List screen provides the user with two main options for organising the data display:
- To add or remove the data field columns displayed on the screen, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
- To change the order in which the data field columns are displayed, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
Once you have customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will be unique to you, and each time you log in, you will see the same custom view. You also have the option to select and save an unlimited number of custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen, as detailed below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen, which can be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To begin setting up your Customised List screen, click the Setup button, as shown above. The Setup screen will appear, as displayed below.
From this screen, users can add and remove data columns as needed. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables can be included in the Custom List screen, provided the user has the necessary authorisation.
The screen features several menu items across the top, which include:
- Reset to Default – Clicking this button resets the display to the default settings determined by SapphireOne. When you add a new data field, SapphireOne will place it on the right-hand side of the data columns. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to your desired location on the screen.
- Show Related Record – This option allows you to add related fields from other tables. By ticking the Show Related checkbox at the top of the screen, you can select a related record, and a mini view of that related record for the chosen entry will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields to be displayed.
- Favourite Set – Located at the top left of the screen, this option enables you to save a custom-created screen for future use. For instance, you can have a simple Inquiry screen for general use and a more complex screen view when auditing specific information.
To print Job Project GL Reports, select the Print icon on the main tool bar. When the print button is selected SapphireOne will display a Job Project GL Reports print alert. This is the standard print alert in SapphireOne which allows a selection of criteria to be applied to the displayed data.
- Print Destination – The user can send the report to the Printer, Custom Report or export it to a CSV file.
- Report Types – These are Balance, Income and Costs, Joint Venture Detail and Joint Venture Summary.
- Report Details – Current Sort, Use Account ID, Use Account Class, Use Project ID and Use Project Class.
- Options Button – Selecting the Options button will display a Select Report Controls alert which allows selection of additional criteria to be applied to the displayed data.
- Format – Various format for values printed may be set up here.
- Calculation Column – Three Radio buttons allow the user to select a calculation option. The first two can not be altered by the user, the last one must be entered by the user.
- Variance – Calculation is Round ((A/B;4)*100)
- Difference – Calculation is Round ((A-B);2)
- Formula – Entered by the user.
- Report Header – If a report header is required enter it here.
- OK Button – When you have made you selections select this button and then you will be returned to the print alert.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
It is important to make all of your selections from the drop-down menus first on the initial Print dialog screen. If any alterations are made using the Options function, any additional alterations made when returning to the Print dialog screen will overwrite any options that the user has set up. The user should immediately on returning to the Print dialog screen select the Print button.