Class Inquiry Overview
The Class Inquiry screen is a feature available in the Accounts Receivables Inquiries menu of the SapphireOne software. Its purpose is to enable users to categorise clients into standard areas or classes based on their business requirements. By grouping clients into classes, users can easily sort and organise data related to these classes, facilitating the production of reports in SapphireOne.
The Class Inquiry screen provides a centralized location where users can view and manage the classes they have created. It allows users to add, edit, and delete classes as needed. Each class can be assigned a unique name and other relevant information to distinguish it from others.
Once the classes are defined, users can utilize them in various ways within SapphireOne. For example, when generating reports related to accounts receivables, users can choose to sort or group the data based on these classes. This grouping can provide valuable insights and allow for easy analysis of data within specific client classes.
By leveraging the Class Inquiry feature, businesses can streamline their reporting processes and gain a better understanding of their accounts receivables based on different client classifications. This functionality enhances the overall data management and reporting capabilities of SapphireOne.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
Creating a New Class
To create a new class select the New icon in the main SapphireOne tool bar. Enter the Class Name and ID, and select the tick to save.
Allocating a Client to an existing Class
To allocate a client to an existing class in SapphireOne, you can follow these steps:
- Client Inquiry – Go to the Client Inquiry function within SapphireOne, and select the desired Client from the list or search for the client using the available filters.
- Modify Client – Once you have selected the client, double click or click on the Modify button.
- Client Area – In this area locate the Class data entry field that has a blue background. The blue background indicates that the field is wildcard searchable.
- Class Selection – Select the appropriate class from the list of existing classes or enter the class information as required.
- Saving – Select the tick on the main toolbar to save the changes made to the Client’s details.
- Class Inquiry – Return to the Class Inquiry screen to verify that SapphireOne has correctly identified the client.
- Verifying – Locate the selected Class and Open it to verify if the Client has been placed in the correct class.
By following these steps, you can allocate a client to an existing class in SapphireOne. It is important to ensure that the classes are set up beforehand, as mentioned earlier, as you can only add clients to existing classes.
In the Linked area of the selected class, SapphireOne displays the clients that have been associated with that particular class. When using the Modify button, it is important to only make changes to the client’s name and notes section, as other details should remain unaltered. It’s worth noting that clients are not directly linked to a class; instead, the class ID needs to be entered into the Class data entry field within the client’s master file.
How to Customise a List
All inquiry screens in SapphireOne offer the option to customise the list of items displayed on the page. This feature, known as Custom Inquiry, allows you to select the data fields to be shown and the order in which the columns of data appear across the screen. Although a client list is used as an example below, any type of inquiry can be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below represents the standard inquiry list, displaying a basic set of data fields for each client record:
Swap to Custom Inquiry
When you select the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry’ button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen, SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen, as shown below. This Custom List screen provides the user with two main options for organising the data display:
- To add or remove the data field columns displayed on the screen, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
- To change the order in which the data field columns are displayed, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
Once you have customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will be unique to you, and each time you log in, you will see the same custom view. You also have the option to select and save an unlimited number of custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen, as detailed below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen, which can be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To begin setting up your Customised List screen, click the Setup button, as shown above. The Setup screen will appear, as displayed below.
From this screen, users can add and remove data columns as needed. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables can be included in the Custom List screen, provided the user has the necessary authorisation.
The screen features several menu items across the top, which include:
- Reset to Default – Clicking this button resets the display to the default settings determined by SapphireOne. When you add a new data field, SapphireOne will place it on the right-hand side of the data columns. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to your desired location on the screen.
- Show Related Record – This option allows you to add related fields from other tables. By ticking the Show Related checkbox at the top of the screen, you can select a related record, and a mini view of that related record for the chosen entry will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields to be displayed.
- Favourite Set – Located at the top left of the screen, this option enables you to save a custom-created screen for future use. For instance, you can have a simple Inquiry screen for general use and a more complex screen view when auditing specific information.