Show Reports Receivables Overview
SapphireOne’s Show Reports functionality empowers you to dynamically report on your Accounts Receivables data. This versatile feature allows you to generate PDF reports or obtain hard copies. Alternatively, you can create an interactive real-time report by selecting your criteria, with the flexibility to print it in various formats.
In SapphireOne, a standardised layout is employed across all Show Report functions to ensure uniformity and user-friendliness. This consistency streamlines the user experience, as learning a single layout suffices for comprehending all Show Report screens, which share similar structures. Each report is accompanied by a title, automatically generated by SapphireOne, positioned below the options section. This title functions as a header for the items featured within the report.
Selecting a Report
After selecting a report option in SapphireOne, you have the flexibility to choose various criteria for the report, as documented below. Once the report has been generated, you can easily export it as either an HTML or CSV file. These files can be opened in any web browser or external spreadsheet program for your convenience.
Upon selecting the Show Reports option in SapphireOne, a menu is shown with the available reports.
All reports can be exported in either HTML or CSV format, compatible with any browser or external spreadsheet program.
Show Report (Balances by Client)
Aged and Terms
Within the Show Report function for Client Balances, specifically for Aged and Terms reports, the first crucial choice for users is the Columns By option. This selection dictates how the report is presented and offers a choice between two options: by Aged and by Terms. The report’s structure and content are directly influenced by the selection made in the Columns By drop down menu. This article provides comprehensive documentation for both types of reports, detailed below commencing with the Aged option.
Use Period/Date button.
Next in line for user selection is the Use Date/Period button. It’s worth noting that this button toggles between two names, and and is conveniently situated in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Users can switch between these two options by selecting this button.
Column by Aged Option
Within SapphireOne, the Show Report function has the capability to generate a Balances by Client Aged report, a pivotal financial document offering a comprehensive perspective on outstanding balances owed by Clients to a business. This report meticulously classifies these balances into distinct aging periods, typically spanning from current to overdue accounts. It serves as a valuable resource for assessing a company’s accounts receivable, vividly highlighting the aging of outstanding invoices. By delineating the duration for which invoices have remained unpaid, it equips businesses with the tools to effectively monitor and manage their cash flow, identify potential collection challenges, and implement judicious credit control strategies, ensuring sound financial management.
Column by Terms Option
SapphireOne’s Show Reports functionality empowers users with the option to generate a Client Balance report, displaying Client terms and providing a concise overview of each Client’s financial standing with the company. This report serves as a valuable tool for businesses to efficiently track and manage their Client relationships. It offers the flexibility to customise the report’s content and presentation, enabling users to tailor it to their specific needs and preferences, ultimately enhancing their ability to assess and maintain healthy Client accounts.
Query Options (Receivables)
Whenever changes or alterations are made to a report, the user must select the recalculate button to update the report and display the new details.
- Depart Menu – This Menu offers a convenient drop-down selection that empowers users to make a choice between two options when generating a report within SapphireOne. Users can either opt to include all departments within the company in the report, providing a comprehensive overview. Alternatively, they can specify a particular department, tailoring the report to focus exclusively on that selected department’s data
- To Menu – Users can also manually enter a To period only for this Report. To swap between date and period select the User Date or Use Period button. The button acts as a toggle to switch between the two options, Date or Period.
- Date or Period button – This toggle button can be found in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Query Button – This button serves as a valuable tool for refining the content of a report within SapphireOne. When users require the ability to filter the report based on particular criteria, such as a specific Client, they can initiate a comprehensive query by clicking on the Query button. This action prompts SapphireOne to unveil the detailed query pop-up interface, which grants users the capability to conduct thorough searches across SapphireOne’s database, identifying items that align precisely with the specified criteria.
Display Options (Receivables)
In SapphireOne, you have several display options to fine-tune your reports as follows:
- Grouping Menu – This menu enables you to choose how Clients are displayed in the report. You can group them by ID, Class, Department, Area, State, or by using up to three customizable tags.
- Sort Menu – This drop-down menu facilitates report sorting based on your preference when selecting an option within the “Column By” menu.
- Aged Option – Sorted by ID, Name, Total Due, Current, and aging categories such as 30, 60, or 90 days.
- Terms Option – Sorted by ID, Name, Total Due, Current and then from 7 days to 4+ months.
- Inverting Sort – Furthermore, an Inverting Sort option is available. By clicking the > button situated adjacent to the data entry field, users can toggle between ascending and descending sort orders. The direction of the > symbol on the button serves as a visual indicator of the current sort order, allowing users to easily determine the arrangement of data in the report.
- Column By Menu – This menu in SapphireOne provides two sorting options for the report: Aged creditors or individual Client Terms.
- Breaking Menu – This Menu offers options for selecting either None, Vendor or Vendor Class as break points within the report.
- Recalculate – In SapphireOne, the Recalculate button serves a crucial role in generating and updating reports. Users must select this button to trigger the initial calculation of the report based on the default settings. Furthermore, it is essential to select the Recalculate button whenever modifications are applied to the report settings.
At the bottom of the Show Reports Page, you’ll find several buttons that perform various functions:
- Use Period Button – When selected, this button automatically populates the To Field data entry field with either the current Date or Period.
- Cancel Button – By selecting this button, the current report processing will be canceled.
- Export to HTML Button – By clicking this button, you can export the current report as an HTML file.
- Export to CSV Button- Selecting this button exports the current report as a CSV file.
- Print Button – By selecting this button, you can open the printing interface for the current report.