Depreciation Service Return Overview
The SapphireOne Depreciation Service Return assists in tracking all Assets that require periodic servicing as part of their normal usage. For example, motor vehicles which require servicing or maintenance at a regular interval.
The Depreciation Service Return is located at Assets > Assets > Depreciation Service Return.
The only requirement for data entry in this area is to enter the ID of the item that the Depreciation Service Return is being created for it. SapphireOne will then display the name of the Asset immediately below the ID.
Additional information on the item may be viewed by selecting one of the four tabs in the tab area. These tabs display as follows.
- Transactions – Lists all depreciation transactions that have been created for this item.
- General Ledger – Displays the General Ledger accounts that are linked to this item.
- Asset – Displays basic details about the item.
- Controls – Displays additional details about the item.
Any Notes that are required may be entered in this area. The user can select the Green Clock Icon to add a Time and Date stamp to the Notes. The user also has the ability to highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to their preference.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
- Service Date – Enter the date of the next service for the item.
- Tag – A tag may be entered by the user. This list of tags may be created by the user as required.
- Date Due Back From Service – Enter the data that the item is to be returned after servicing.
- Next Service Date – Enter the data of the next service for the item.
- Units To Next Service – If the Next Service is given in units, Assets will use the estimated usage to calculate a service date. When the asset is due back and when it is due to be next serviced, can be tracked in the Asset Management Reports.
- Projects – If a Project is entered here and depreciation is run, it will then be linked to the Depreciation Expense Account.