Show Reports Overview
The Payroll/HR Mode in SapphireOne includes the Show Reports feature, which lets users create various report styles for different needs. Users can set up frequently used reports and adjust them as necessary, such as Payment Summary, Payment Summary STP, Leave Summary – Accrual, Leave Summary – Usage, and Roster by Employee.
Users can create reports using standard drop-down menus, selecting the desired options, and specifying the relevant dates or periods. All generated reports can be exported as CSV files, which can be opened using any external spreadsheet program. Additionally, there is a Matrix report option that displays reports in a matrix-style format.
If you choose the Show Reports option, a pop-up menu like the one shown below will appear. This screen currently offers five types of reports to choose from.
As all pays are date-based, there is no option to choose periods as in other Show Reports found in the Accounts and Inventory Modes. It is important to note that all Show Reports within the Payroll Mode are date-based.
- Range – The range is by default set using the button in the lower left hand corner of the screen. The default is by date with the date options as seen above. The default date option is This month to Date with other options as seen to the right. Please note that the last option Last Financial Year to Date is Last Financial Year to todays date last Year. This will enable the user to compare last years sales figures to this years sales figures for the same time frame in last and current financial years.
- From and To Dates – For a date driven report the two data entry fields require the input by the user of a date, while for a period driven report will require the entry of a number which is a period. Note that the date option has both From and To underlined so they have a convenient pop up calendar to pick dates from.
- Depart – Select All departments or select any single Department in the company. The selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Sort – The sorting of each item as it will appear in the report. It should be noted that the small [>] button just the right of the sort drop-down menu is used to invert the sort. It acts as a toggle reversing the sort order. Selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Display Column By – This option selects what data is included with each column. Total and Rep display correctly with date driven reports and period data displays with the period driven reports.
- Recalculate Button – Every time a change is made to the report, the Recalculate Button must be selected so that SapphireOne can re-calculate the report. Any changes are displayed immediately in the report area.
- Display Quantity or Dollar Values – In some reports, the Use Qty and Use $ buttons will be displayed allowing for selection of either quantities or dollar values in the report.
- Radio Buttons – These radio buttons operate in pairs. The report my be generated using Orders or Sales, and by Date In or the Delivery Date with selection of the appropriate radio button.
- Query Button – When the requirement is for a limited report, for example only the one client, a detailed query may be performed for the client by selecting the Query button. This causes SapphireOne to display the detailed query pop up enabling the user to query for any item in SapphireOne.
- Use Period Button – By selecting the Use Period button the report will be altered to a period driven report. The default period is This Financial Year. The Use Date button has now altered so select it again to go back to a date driven report.
- Export and Printing Buttons – Once the report is ready the user may select the Export or Print options
- Cancel – When this button is selected SapphireOne will cancel and close the Show Report function.
- Export to HTML – When this button is selected SapphireOne will export the report to a HTML file which may be read by any web browser.
- Export to CSV – When this button is selected SapphireOne will export the report to a CSV file which may be viewed by any spreadsheet program.
- Print – If immediate printing is required select the Print button and the report will be sent to the printer.
Remember, when any alterations or changes are made to reports the Recalculate button must be selected each time to re-calculate the report and display the altered details.