Action Inquiry Overview
The Sapphire Web Pack Action Inquiry page is a table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
Action Inquiry is contained within the Inquiry mode of Sapphire Web Pack.
The SapphireOne Web Pack Actions Inquiry function is the same as the Actions Inquiry within SapphireOne Client Mode. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications.
The Action Page within SapphireOne Client Mode can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software. The main difference is that within the Web Pack the Actions function is only available from this single Inquiry menu item.
When Actions Inquiry is accessed in the Web Pack, all actions in SapphireOne with a status of Open or Hold will be listed. SapphireOne will display the list of Actions that have a master record in SapphireOne. From here the user may create a New Action, Refresh the list, or perform a Search for an Action or group of Actions. However, the View or Modify button will not be displayed until the user selects or highlights an Action as seen in the screenshot below. If Allowed an action may be deleted by selecting the Action and then selecting the Delete button.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
How to Create an Action
Any data entry field that has a icon indicates that it is a user customisable drop down menu. To add an item, type in the item name and then select ‘Save’ to save the new item in the drop-down list. To Delete an item, select the item then Delete it. Once the Action is saved it will be removed from the drop down list.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Create a menu as require. Items in the menu may be added to or deleted as required.
- Status – This menu is also a drop-down menu and the user has three default options when selecting from this menu – Open, Hold and Completed. The Status will commence as Open, and if Completed is selected the current system date will be entered into the Completed data entry field and the Action will no longer be displayed in the list of Actions.
- Tag – The Tag drop down menu has the ability to be created by the user and is directly linked to the Calendar in Workbook Mode.
- Filtering Actions – To filter Actions appearing in the Calendar when using Workbook Mode or the Inquiry Palette, select the required Tag at the top of the screen. Now only actions with that same tag will be displayed in the calendar.
- Master Default – This tag data entry field is directly linked to an item in Master Defaults on SapphireOne Page enabling the restriction of posting and converting transactions by users.
- User – By default SapphireOne will enter the user that is creating this Action. By clicking into this light blue area SapphireOne enables the selection of a different user.
- Time Spent – Enter the time spent in creating this Action.
- Priority – A Priority may be set from 0 through to 9 for the Action.
- Link Type – In the Web Pack the Link Type option is used to link the action to a Client, Vendor or Inventory Inquiry.
- Selection – Once you have made your selection, click on the light blue data entry field to the right. An alert will be displayed asking you to Choose a Client, Vendor or Inventory item.
- Start & Complete – SapphireOne will by default enter the current system date and time into the Start and Complete date fields and times.
- Alterations – These may be altered by entering in the dates and times from the keyboard directly, or clicking on the appropriate icons and selecting from a pick calendar and a pick time list. The Complete date will be initially set by SapphireOne as today’s date. If a Complete date is over written to a later date by the user, SapphireOne will automatically mark the action as Completed when the date entered by the user is reached. It will then not be displayed in the list of Actions.
- Finish & Alarm – These are not set by SapphireOne on the creation of the Action. These dates may be entered by the user as required.
- Notes – Notes may be added by the user to any Action. You can select the Blue clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes.