Resource Transactions Inquiry Overview
The Transaction Inquiry Screen lists all current Job Project Resource based transactions in numbered sequence. All Transaction Inquiry screens in SapphireOne list all the Transactions that are entered using the relevant data entry function.
These transactions are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated Resource transactions at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can also adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List windows, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
From this list you can also View or Look at all Resource based transactions. You may also Modify transactions that are currently un-posted. Double clicking on the transaction will bring up the Resource transaction screen.
The Delete option is only available for any un-posted transactions. A pop up will ask if you want to Delete One or Delete All. There is also a Cancel One or Cancel All option. If you attempt to delete Posted items an alert will be displayed warning the user that the transactions are Posted.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate below, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logs in they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
How to Print Reports from a Resource Transaction Inquiry
Selecting the Print icon on the main toolbar brings up a print dialog box which allows the user to create various reports based on information in the data file.
- Print Destination – Allows the user to select between Printer, creating a Sapphire Custom Report or a Quick Report.
- Report Type – The user may select the type of report that they want to print. Details of all Report Types are outlined below.
- The Report Sort Order – Allows the user to sort data in different sequences and criteria while still using the same fundamental report format. The user can sort by Current Sort, by ID, by Type, by Date, by Internal Ref, and by Sequence No.
- One Line Transaction – Produces a report with one transaction per single line.
- Transaction Audit – Produces a transaction Audit report detailing all the input fields within the transaction.
- Project Time Sheet Detail – Produces a time sheet report for each resource transaction.