Time Sheet Inquiry Web Pack Overview
The Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet Inquiry enables the user to view and modify any record within the inquiry. These records are all contained within the Inquiry and the two types of Time Sheets we have is a Time Sheet Resource (RS) and a Time Sheet Job Project (PR).
A time sheet allows an employer to manage Payroll/HR by detailing all employees working on each Job Project or Resource, and accounts for client invoicing and job project management within their business, company or organisation.
Time Sheet automates the Payroll/HR process and allows you to perform Job Projects and produce Job Client Invoices (JCI) with efficiency in a detailed and accurate manner. It also enables the Sapphire Web Pack user to identify and manage Job Project costs, as well as make reductions for future payments and invoicing. Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet Inquiry will replace the traditional spreadsheet or paper based document, and allow the process to be fully automated and flow to the Job Project and Payroll/HR simultaneously.
Within the Job Project there is a dedicated page for planning and quoting that stores all the data that is come from the timesheets. This allows for budgeting and future planning and quoting for similar Job Projects so you’ll have a historical record of each resource time that was allocated to that historical Job Project. This can then can be dynamically copied from the finished Job Project into the new Job Project, and automatically populate the time in the Quoting and Billing page. This is the beauty of having a timesheet fully automated from the Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet Inquiry that it is dynamically flowing in real-time into SapphireOne Job Project.
From a corporate management culture view, Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet Inquiry provides the ability to be able to compare and plan costs from the budget cost against the actual cost, and then be able to identify resources or tasks that are consistently missing budget. This information will help with corporate governance facilitating better performance and potentially terminating unprofitable Job Projects.
Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet Inquiry can help identify some unique efficiencies that can be gained within your organisation including time to invoicing, improved automation of invoicing and dramatically reduced data entry for the Payroll/HR. SapphireOne Web Pack Time Sheet Inquiry will increase revenue through efficiencies in invoicing to the client. This, in turn, will speed up the days outstanding of balances owed by clients improving the company’s profit and loss.
Within SapphireOne Job Project Time Sheet Inquiry helps build a repository of information that will enable dashboards within Time Sheet to provide the in-users with insightful and real time data in a strong, graphical view. This in turn will help develop far more accurate and timely project management through the inbuilt Job Project Gantt Calendar.
SapphireOne provides unlimited historical data which when reviewing Time Sheet for resource and activities allows the end user to define better role based outcomes that in turn will create greater efficiencies.
Time Sheet Inquiry is contained within the Inquiry mode of Sapphire Web Pack.
When modifying or looking at a Time Sheet you will be presented with the following:
- Project – When selecting this area, SapphireOne will display a pick list of all Job Projects setup using the SapphireOne Client Server. The Job Project ID’s will be displayed and the user can select the ID as required.
- Date – SapphireOne will enter the current date for the Date In, Date Start, and Date Finish. These may all be altered by the user as required.
- Saving – When all is correct select the Save icon to save and process the transaction.
- Canceling – At any point when processing the transaction the user may select the Cancel icon to cancel the operation. The user will be asked to confirm this when the alert below is displayed.
- Memo – Enter any Memo details required for this Time Sheet.
- Resource – When selecting this area, SapphireOne will display a pick list of all Resources setup using the SapphireOne Client Server. The Resource ID’s will be displayed and the user can select the ID as required from the list.
- Task – If the Job Project has tasks set up, the user may enter a task by selecting the icon. SapphireOne will then display a list of tasks set up for the selected Job Project. Click on your selection and a pick list of tasks will be displayed allowing the user to select the task required.
- Activity – When selecting this area, SapphireOne will display a pick list of all Activities setup using the SapphireOne Client Server. The Activity ID’s will be displayed and the user can select the ID as required.
- Description – The name of each activity will be displayed in the description area immediately below the activity data entry field.
- Date – SapphireOne will automatically enter the current date. This may be altered as required.
- Start and Finish – A 24 hour pick list is provided for the hours. Minutes are entered by the user directly if required.
- Cost – SapphireOne will enter the cost automatically if it has been previously setup.
- Quantity – The user has two options when entering a quantity for time.
- Directly enter the Quantity and do not enter a Start and Finish time.
- Or alternatively, enter a Start and Finish time and SapphireOne will automatically calculate the Quantity figure.
- Completed – This slider may be set by the user to indicate how much of the Job Project has been completed.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
This Time Sheet Inquiry is for the viewing and modification of existing time sheets only.To enter or create new Time sheets the user will have to go to the Data Entry function.
The Time Sheet Inquiry within Sapphire Web Pack is the same as a Resource Transaction Inquiry in Client Server mode. It displays a list of Time Sheets in SapphireOne that have not been processed yet by posting them. There are two types of time sheets, Project Based (PR) and Resource Based (RS).
Once a time sheet is selected the modify button will be displayed allowing the user to View or Modify the un-posted time sheet.
Extended documentation for the entry of time sheets will not be found here as the user will note that while the editing of existing time sheets may be done, there is no provision for the creation a new time sheet. Complete documentation will be found in the article in the Data Entry menu. Modification of existing time sheets with the addition and deletion of transaction in the time sheet may be performed here.
- Add Line – To Add a line to the time sheet select the button.
- Delete Line – To delete a line select the button.