As this Timesheet data entry procedure is exactly the same as when a Resource based Time Sheet is opened, the documentation will not be repeated here. To read the complete documentation, please go to Resource Time Sheet in Job Projects mode.
The Open Time Sheet function in the Job Projects Resources drop-down menu allows you to open and if necessary, add to an existing time sheet that a logged in user has started over a period of time, before it is posted.
For example, if you need to record new start, and finish times over the course of a week on the same time sheet, you can log in and select the Open Time Sheet function. The user can then add to the existing time sheet, before it is finalised and posted at the end of the work week, usually by the Payroll Officer.
Simply put, SapphireOne looks for an open time sheet for the currently logged in User, and displays it ready for additional data entry while it remains un-posted. Once it is posted, SapphireOne will ask the user or resource to start the procedure again by creating a new Open Time Sheet.
Before entering an Open Time Sheet
For the Open Time Sheet function to work correctly, the Resource must be set up as normal with an ID, and also have a User Login to SapphireOne. So when a user logs in, there will be two options for them:
- When the Open Time Sheet function is selected, SapphireOne looks at the ID of the currently logged in User and checks to see if there are any open and un-posted time sheets for a resource with the same ID. If it finds one, it will immediately open it ready for additional lines of data entry.
- If SapphireOne determines that there are currently no open and un-posted time sheets for the logged in User or Resource, the below alert will be displayed.
How to create an Open Time Sheet
When you select the button above, you are presented with a new Resource Time Sheet. You can then follow the very basic below procedure documented below to use the Open Time Sheet feature:
- Enter your own Resource ID and details as required on the time sheet.
- If you are entering a daily time sheet you can enter in a single line or multiple lines for each day and then save it with the green tick icon.
- For each following day you can then select the Open Time Sheet function and SapphireOne will continue to open this same time sheet so you can continue to add a line/s for each day.
- This also means you have a method of checking back through previously entered days or lines and making corrections or additions if necessary.
- When the time sheet is posted it is then closed for any additional data entry, and the above procedure can then be repeated again.
Action Page Overview
The Action Page is a versatile tool that can be added to major records and transaction tables. It includes various actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps, as well as All Day Notifications. This provides users with a centralised location to manage and organise their tasks, meetings, and notes, improving efficiency and productivity.
The Action Page allows users to use the add or delete buttons to add or delete actions as required. Simply select the relevant button to add or delete an action.
The Diary Area in SapphireOne provides users with a comprehensive range of options to customise their actions. It includes a sequence number, title, type, action, user, privacy settings, status, tag, and link fields.
- Sequence – SapphireOne automatically generates a unique sequence number for each action.
- Title – Enter a title for the action.
- Type – Choose from the customisable drop-down menu to input a type. This will subsequently become a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Utilise the user-customisable drop-down menu to input an Action. This will then become a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne automatically inputs the user creating this action, though it can be modified if necessary.
- Private – If this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will only permit the specified user to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options: Open, Hold, and Completed.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active, but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and won’t be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – Users may attach a tag to an action, which will create a permanent tag within the drop-down. To add a new tag, type the name of the new tag into the tag box and press the tab key. Select “Yes” from the pop-up window to confirm. To remove a tag from the list, click on the tag name while holding down the Command (MacOS) or Control (Windows) key. Select “Yes” from the pop-up window to confirm the deletion.
- Link – When created within a transaction or record, SapphireOne automatically generates a link to the transaction or record. When created from the Options Menu, Palette, or Workbook, users must select an item or function from the drop-down menu to link the action. There are 12 items on this list, ranging from Clients to Manager.
Check List Area
SapphireOne offers a user-friendly checklist tool to create and track actions, allowing users to check off completed items as they progress.
Dates and Times Area
- Start/Finish – Set a Start and Finish time for the action, or select the checkbox for an all-day option.
- Completed – Entering a completion date for an action deactivates it, and it will no longer appear in action lists.
Never forget a task again – set up alarms to send reminders via email at specific dates and times. Users can also receive email notifications with the provided email address.
If necessary, the alarm can be set to recur at intervals selected from the Type drop-down menu. Additionally, the recurring period can be defined by date.
Click the green clock button to add time and date stamps to your notes. You can also customise the font, style, color, and background color of the text in the Notes area by highlighting it and right-clicking.
Invite Attendees Area
In the event module, you can invite multiple attendees to your event and track their acceptance or rejection of the invitation. You can also send them an email notification if their email addresses are provided. Additionally, you can manage and track attendees’ RSVP status in real-time.
Documents Page Overview
The Documents Page centralises document and information storage for transactions and master tables, streamlining organisation and management for easy access and improved efficiency.
The Documents Page simplifies file management by allowing various document types to be attached via drag and drop, including PDFs, spreadsheets, photos, and more. It provides a centralised location for document and information storage for transactions and master tables, streamlining organisation and management for easy access and improved efficiency.
Documents can only be attached once the corresponding record has an assigned ID.
Documents List Screen Options
There are eight buttons on the Document List screen, as follows:
- Open – Allows viewing of the currently selected document.
- Update – Prompts the user to import a new version of the selected document while maintaining links to any associated transactions.
- Scan – Accesses a scanner for scanning documents directly into the data file and linking them to the current transaction (requires a compatible scanner with software).
- Save – Saves the currently selected document.
- Link Document: Enables linking of the selected document to other transactions in the data file, presenting a popup for user selection.
- Link Document – Allows linking of an existing document in the data file to the current transaction or record, displaying a popup with a list of documents to choose from.
- Link Existing Document – Allows linking of an existing document in the data file to the current transaction or record, displaying a popup with a list of documents to choose from.
- Delete – Deletes the currently selected transaction or record.
- Add – Displays a search function for selecting a document from the local computer or device.
The Details area allows users to add a custom name, description, and tags to each document, enabling easy search and location of specific documents. These details can be customised to meet the specific needs of the user or organisation, further improving the efficiency and organisation of the Documents Page.
Last Modified Area
The Last Modified section displays the date and time when the document was last modified, as well as the user who made the changes. This feature helps maintain accountability and enables efficient tracking of document modifications.
The History area records changes made to the document, including the date, time, and user who made the changes. This provides a valuable tool for tracking and managing document revisions.
The Links area allows users to record links to other places where the document has been attached. Links can be added or removed using the (+) and (-) buttons, providing an efficient way to manage and organise related documents.
The Notes area allows users to add any relevant notes related to the document. Clicking the green clock button will add a date/time stamp, further improving document tracking and management.