Working Transactions Overview
The Working Transactions Inquiry screen within SapphireOne PayRoll/HR is one of the major time saving functions of the SapphireOne Payroll/HR mode. The Working Transaction function gives the user the ability to select the employees who require updates or modifications to their pay details when processing a current pay run. This can include any Employees that work varying hours during a pay period, those taking any type of Leave and Employees who are no longer employed. Employees without any data changes can be left as is in the current pay run.
Any adjustments performed in the Working Transactions Inquiry function will allow the user to make adjustments for this current pay run only. Employees with changing hours or allowances and deductions will need regular data-entry management in this area for each individual pay run.
The alterations made within the Working Transactions function will not have any effect on the data recorded in each employees Standing Transactions.
When opening the Working Transactions Inquiry screen the user is presented with a list view of all employees working transactions. Highlight an employee and use the Modify icon to open the employee files and make adjustments.
New Working transactions are only created by SapphireOne when Start New Pay is selected for an employee. Then once a Pay Run has been executed for that employee SapphireOne will then delete the current working transaction for the employee. The only time that the working transactions for the employee will be displayed is when Start New Pay for the employee is run again. If any employees have not had their Working transactions used/processed you will be warned by SapphireOne that there are unprocessed working transactions. SapphireOne also checks to see if a Pay Run for the pay period has been executed and if it finds that it has it will not create the working transactions again for the employee.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Information Tab Area
The Information Tab area at the top of the Working Transaction Details page includes eight seperate tabs all containing various Payroll/HR information and details that have been set up for the Employee. The Tabs include Employee, Allowance, Leave Info Current Pay, Leave Info Current Year, Current Leave Taken, Miscellaneous, Log and Error.
Select the appropriate Tab to display the required information. These Tabs allow for reading and viewing only of all employee details, and any modifications can be made within the corresponding Employee Inquiry screen.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
Payslip Details Area
Within the Payslip Details area SapphireOne will automatically enter the correct dates for pay runs without any intervention required by the user. When a Pay Run is executed, there will be a pop up that displays the dates that SapphireOne will base the Pay Run on.
If required this Payslip Details area allows you to enter in a custom Start Date and a Finish Date for this employee’s pay as well as a message that will be printed on the payslip itself. SapphireOne will automatically enter in the Period, and there is an Exclude Super in this Pay checkbox option that can be selected if no Super contributions are required.
SapphireOne Document Management System (DMS) includes a Paper Clip icon on all data entry and inquiry screens and allows users to attach relevant documents or files to every transaction or record. Additionally, every data entry and inquiry screen within SapphireOne also contains a separate Page specifically for managing documents related to the transaction i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are currently no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or record.
SapphireOne Document Management functionality can store any type of file or document, and an infinite number of documents may be stored for an unlimited amount of time. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Within SapphireOne Master Defaults, there are settings available for the user to restrict the size of each individual document, and also to select where the documents are to be stored – within the data file itself or in a seperate folder. These options may be altered by going to Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > System Page. Within the Documents area in the right hand corner of SapphireOne Page, there is a provision for the user to set the ‘Document Size Limit’ (the default size is 10Mb). There are also two radio buttons where the user can select ‘Store with Data File’ as part of the data file, and ‘Store as Files’ seperate to the data file.
To attach a document to a transaction, select either the or Paperclip icon and the following Document List window will be displayed.
How to Attach Documents Using SapphireOne Paperclip
Documents can be attached using SapphireOne Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically. If SapphireOne detects that the document name already exists, a pop-up will be displayed alerting the user. Alternatively, the user can also select the Plus icon to select a document to upload from the local computer.
Once a document has been attached, the user has the ability to rename any document by right clicking on the file and selecting Rename as seen above. Renaming documents will ensure that document names remain consistent across all records.
- Open – When the button is selected, SapphireOne will open the currently selected document for viewing.
- Update – When the button is selected, SapphireOne will display a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. This functionality allows users to update and keep records of different versions of the same document. When the new version has been selected, the user will be asked to enter in a new version number. The new version will now be the document available, and all previous versions will be recorded and available within the History area of Document List screen. The new version of the document will still be linked to any transactions that the old version was.
- Scan – When the Scan button is selected, SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to scan a document directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- Save – The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- Link Documents – The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to another transaction or multiple transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection. You can learn more about Linked Documents in the Links Area documented below.
- Link Existing Documents – The Link Existing Documents button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents. You can learn more about Linked Documents in the Links Area documented below.
- Delete – The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- Plus – When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
When a document is selected within the Documents area, the Details area will automatically populate to display additional information about the document, including the Title of the document and the Type of file.
The Notes area is for entering any notes related to the document. The user can select the green clock icon to create a time and date stamp for every note added.
The Notes area will also keep an automatic user log when any changes are made to the document. For example, if the document is renamed or new links are created. SapphireOne will record the date, time and user that made the modifications.
Document Details Area
The Document Details area contains additional information relating to the selected document, and will automatically populate when a document is selected from the list. This includes the date and time the document was appended, the document number and the user who added the document.
The History area displays a record of the complete version history of the selected document. SapphireOne keeps track of all version changes and will automatically display the documents history within this area.
The History area will automatically update as new versions of the document are imported when selecting the Update button . When a new document version is imported, all previous versions of the document will be recorded and available to view within the History area. This enables the user to always view the most recently updated version of the document, however still keep a complete record of the document history.
Updating a Document
The procedure for updating a document is as follows.
- When the update button is selected the user will be asked to confirm they would like to import a new version.
- Upon confirmation the user will then be asked to choose the updated document to open.
- Upon selection a secondary dialogue will prompt the user for the entry of an alphanumeric value for the new version.
- Select OK.
The Links area is used to link documents to particular areas or transactions within SapphireOne. The links area can also be used to view all linking information related to the document. For example, if the document was imported using a function with SapphireOne, the links area will have a line containing this linking information.
To add in additional links to a document, select the document and then select the Link Document icon. The Files pop up window will be displayed. From the File drop down menu, select what you want to link this document to. Then within the Value data entry field, enter in the details (ID). As this data entry field has a blue background, it is user searchable by entering the wildcard ‘?’ or ‘@’ symbols.
Document Management using SapphireOne Documents Inquiry
As well as SapphireOne Document Management Paperclip functionality, SapphireOne Documents Inquiry function within SapphireOne Workbook Mode gives users the ability to view a repository of all documents and files stored within the SapphireOne data file. Users have the ability to add New documents, Modify, View or Delete existing documents from within the Documents Inquiry screen.
Any revisions made to a document within the Documents Inquiry screen will be updated across all areas that the document is linked to across SapphireOne, and similarly any modifications made to documents within the SapphireOne Paperclip Document List window will be reflected within the Documents Inquiry window. For example, if a document is renamed within a transaction Paperclip Document List screen, the document name will also be reflected when viewing the document in the Document Inquiry screen.
You can learn more about SapphireOne Documents Inquiry functionality within the Documents Inquiry article.
As an example, we have an inventory item with documents attached (installation instructions and a packing checklist amongst others). We add this inventory item to a sales order, manufacture, ship, completely finish the job. One year later we might have a revision of this inventory item along with all the Documents (DMS). Understandably, we don’t want to have to make a whole new inventory item for the revision, just update the DMS that are attached. We update the inventory item with all the new documents, ready for the next sale. When we refer back to the original completed Sales Client Invoice or Job Projects Client Invoice, we will we see the documentation as it was when the Job Project, Sales Client Invoice or Job Projects Client Invoice was completed, or the documents as they are now. In the example above where we have elected to produce an Order Client Invoice (OCI) with the current installation instructions and packing checklist. This will automatically flow into the finished Sales Client Invoice once the OCI has been delivered.
In the example above we have both the current and historical documents attached. As a SapphireOne user has the ability to edit the list and if they choose not to store the historical document and simply select the Minus button and they can delete the historical document. We also have the ability to modify the existing dociument keeping a log file of each and every time the document has been revised.
Working Paysheet Area
The Working Paysheet area is for the entry of the Employees’ Pay, Union Fees, RDO’s and various PayRoll/HR items.
Select the icon to add a new working Paysheet line and the icon to delete a Paysheet line. When a line is selected the details are displayed above the line entry area and may be modified as required. Selecting the icon will enlarge the area full screen so that all lines may be viewed without scrolling.
Please note that there are additional items in this area that have been drawn or calculated from information entered into the employees record itself by SapphireOne. You may add in additional Allowances etc that will be applicable for this Payrun only for this employee.
- ID – Enter the ID of the Paysheet. For example, PAYG, Time, Time and a Half. etc.
- Description – The name of the ID will be automatically populated.
- Time From – Enter the start time of the Paysheet line.
- Time To – Enter the end time of the Paysheet line.
- GL Account – Enter the GL account the Paysheet line is linked to.
- Department – Enter the Department the Paysheet line is linked to.
- Pay Rate – Enter the Pay Rate of the Paysheet line.
- Date From – Enter the start date of the Paysheet line.
- Date To – Enter the finish date of the Paysheet line.
- Include Lunch Break Checkbox – This checkbox includes lunch break into the Paysheet line.
- Project – Enter the project that the Paysheet is linked to.
- Total – SapphireOne will automatically calculate the total payment of the Paysheet based on the entered data.
Leave Taken Area
Leave taken must always be entered in Days or Hours. This function is directly linked to a setting in the Award Entitlements as well as the Payroll/HR Page in Master Defaults.
Any type of leave to be taken by the employee is entered into the Leave Taken area. The leave is then written into the working Paysheet area by SapphireOne when the user selects the button.
Select the icon to add a new line and the icon to delete a line. When a line is selected the details are displayed above the line entry area and may be modified.
- Date – Enter the dates that the leave is to be taken.
- Type – Select the type of leave from the drop-down menu.
- Reason – Enter in a reason for the leave if required.
- Exact Amount in Days – Enter in the exact number of hours or days of the leave taken.
- Cash Out Checkbox – Selecting this checkbox allows the user to take cash in replacement of the leave that has been accumulated.
- Part of Normal Pay Period Checkbox – Select this checkbox to process leave within the normal pay period.
- A Week Checkbox – This checkbox is specifically for New Zealand Employment Tax Law, where the employee can nominate to take a week of leave.
Once leave details are entered select the Recalc button to recalculate the entire pay with the leave now included. The button is only for the purpose of visually displaying to the user how SapphireOne will calculate the pay when the Payrun is processed. The user is then able see how SapphireOne will calculate the pay and if necessary, make any changes. SapphireOne will automatically recalculate the pay once it is processed even if this button has not been selected.
Historical Leave Information Tabs
The Tabs across the top of the main screen have the current and historical leave information for the employee currently being displayed. These three tabs displaying this information are as follows.
- Leave Info Current Pay – This tab displays the employees current leave situation. When any leave is to be taken this would be the tab that would be selected when checking on the employees leave entitlements.
- Leave Info Current Year – This tab displays any leave that the employee has taken for the Current Year. It should be noted that this Current Year Period is from the point when the End of Year function was last run. This would be useful when checking any leave that the employee has taken recently.
- Current Leave – This tab displays the leave that has been entered into the current working Transaction.
Please note that the SapphireOne user making Working Transaction adjustments must have the Human Resources checkbox selected in the user’s Master Record before any data entry is permitted in this leave taken area.
This area displays details about the Superannuation that will be processed for this employee in this pay run only. Any additions and alterations made to existing super payments for the employee will only apply for this pay run.
Select the icon to add a new line and the icon to delete a line. When a line is selected the details are displayed above the line entry area and may be modified.
- ID – SapphireOne will automatically display the Employee ID.
- Name – SapphireOne will automatically display the Employee Name.
- # of Pays – This item refers to the actual number of Pays that SapphireOne calculates is being executed when this pay is processed. This will be displayed as 1.1, 1.2, 1.5, 4, etc. For example, for a pay period of 5 days, 6 days would be displayed as 1.2 pay periods. These are not hours or days but are strictly a decimal representation. Further detail can be found below.
- Gross – This displays the Gross value of the Working Transaction.
- Total Net – This displays the Total Net after taxes and deductions of the Working Transaction.
- Total Hours – This displays the total number of hours for the worked pay period.
- Recalc Button – This button is for the purpose of visually displaying to the user how SapphireOne will calculate the pay when the Payrun is finally executed. Any running alterations to the Working Paysheet will require the selection of this buttons to visually check that the pay sheet has been correctly calculated.
- Recalc Leave Button – This button is the same as the above Recalc button, however will only recalculate the Leave area.
- Working Days Button – This button brings up the SapphireOne Working Days calendar. You have the ability to select the days the employee worked and hit process to automatically populate the Working Transaction with the days worked.
- Terminate Button – If the employee is to be Terminated in this Payrun selecting the Terminate button will bring up the Employee Termination screen to process the final pay.
- Timesheet Button – This brings up all the unallocated Time Sheets of the employee. See below for further information.
- Company Split Button – Selecting this button allows a detailed Costing Split to be used for the selected line. Either a Department or Project Costing split can be set up if desired from this single screen.
Alterations to the Employees pay may cause SapphireOne to alter the pay Period from 1 to another number. If 1.5 is displayed that means that SapphireOne is calculating the pay across 1.5 Pay Periods or in this case one and a half weeks. This should always be checked when a Re–Calculation is done of the pay by using the Recalc button.
If the Pay Period is incorrect move the cursor over the number and click on it. A pop up will be displayed allowing the user to enter the required period. When completed select the Recalc button again to run a re-calculation.
How to Add Employee Timesheets
By selecting the TimeSheet button at the bottom of the Working Transaction Inquiry SapphireOne will display the currently posted time sheets for the employee, enabling the selection of the required timesheets to be added to this employee’s pay. If there is more than one-time sheet the user will need to mark all time sheets entries that are to be included with this pay. This can be done by selecting the Mark All option.
How to Enter Employee Leave Requests
Any employee may enter a Future Leave Request by going to Workbook Mode > General > Leave Request.
Leave Requests are directly linked to the Future Leave button which is displayed in a Working Transaction when an employee has entered and saved a future leave Request.
The PayRoll/HR Office must have the ‘Show Employee Leaves’ checkbox selected within their Master file so that all leave requests are displayed in the calendar. If an action or reminder is required, they may create one by right clicking on any day in the calendar.
How to Split Pay between Departments and Projects
There are two ways to split a pay between Departments and Projects. These include:
- By adding an additional line within a Working Paysheet to seperate between Department and Project.
- By selecting the Company Split button found in the bottom right hand corner of the Working Transaction Inquiry.
As seen in the screenshot above, the first method is completed within the Working Paysheet area of the Working Transaction. The Employees hours have been reduced from 40 to 30, and the pay has been assigned to Department 0FCS Manufacturing Sydney and also assigned a Project 1.
Next, a new line is added for TIME of 10 hours to bring the hours for the pay period up to the total of 40. For this line we have assigned it to Department 00FF Sydney Office and a Project of AAA.
This will split the costing 75% to 25% for each of the two Departments and also for the two Projects.
Please note that this will only split the actual Pay in hours and not any other items such as RDO, Union Fees etc. that also appear in the employees’ Pay Sheet. To create a, for example 60% to 40%, across the employee’s entire pay, please see the second method as outlined below.
For the second method, clicking on the Company Split button allows a detailed Costing Split to be used for the selected item. Either a Department or Project Costing split can be set up if desired from this single screen.
The user can first select the button to add a line. Then enter a percentage into either the Department or Project data entry field and enter the percentage for that line. For a 2-way split, two lines will be needed that add up to 100%. Using Project or Departmental costing allows the journals transferred to SapphireOne to be split between the selected costing areas.
How to Process a Final Termination Pay for Employees
If the employee is to be Terminated in this Payrun please select the Terminate button within the Employees Working Transaction. Selecting the Terminate button will bring up the Employee Termination screen as seen below.
The Termination Screen is only available from within Working Transactions function and allows the user to easily complete a final pay for an Employee.
Once the final pay is completed and processed, the termination pay will update the Employee’s Working Transaction. If there are any changes for your Employees, particularly awards such as No Leave Loading in the final year, they may be made here.
Please note that all changes to the Working Transaction and Leave adjustments should be completed before running the final pay.
Enter all below employee details as required and check carefully. When you have finished entering the details click the Continue Button to proceed to the list of termination items.
- Termination Date – SapphireOne will enter the Current system date into the Termination Date data entry field. This date may be altered if required.
- E.T.P – This refers to Eligible Termination Pay amount.
- Date of E.T.P Payment – This refers to the date that the E.T.P Payment will be made.
- Tax Free Component – A genuine redundancy payment comprises a tax free amount and an assessable amount, which is taxable as an ETP. The tax free component is the base amount + (service amount x years of service). The base amount and the service amount are indexed annually.
- Invalidity Payment – An invalidity payment is part of an ETP that is paid because the employee sustained a permanent disability. It is a tax free payment.
- Total E.T.P – SapphireOne automatically calculates the total of all E.T.P components.
- E.T.P Rollover – An E.T.P Rollover is an investment into which certain E.T.Ps may be placed for later use.
- Excessive Component – This is the amount is excess of the E.T.P Caps.
- Usual Retirement Date – If the employee is retiring early or later than expected, enter the usual industry retirement date.
- Transitional Termination Payment Checkbox – Selecting this indicates that the payment is a transitional termination payment made as a pre-payment on termination.
- Related to a Prior Payment Checkbox – Selecting this checkbox indicates that the payment being made is related to a previous E.T.P.
- Age of Employee – SapphireOne will automatically enter the age of the Employee.
The lower section of the screen contains a list of the Termination Items. The Termination items area allows you to examine and adjust the results that are calculated by SapphireOne for the Employee.
This area displays a list of all the items that will be added to the Working Transaction and you have the choice of Using them, Removing them or Changing their value by selecting the appropriate radio button to the right of the list. To adjust a value simply select the option you wish to change.
When you have reviewed the results, select the Process Button and go back to the Working Transaction window where your changes will update the values within the Working Transactions file.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Please note that when creating a new record in SapphireOne, you are unable to attach a document until the record has an entered ID.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local computer or device).
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local computer, device or network).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer or device.
The Title and Type of the document are displayed in the Details Area.
Last Modified Area
The documents area keeps a record of the Time and Date of when the document was last modified in addition to who initially added it.
Digital Assets Page
The Digital Assets Page allows the user to attach unlimited media to any major table record in SapphireOne.
Selecting the Digital Assets option from the Page menu within a major table record will display a list of digital assets currently in the data file.
This screen and all ensuing screens will overlay any current screen displayed in your major table. The feature allows you to attach digital assets to your master record.
- To add a picture simply select the button.
- To delete a picture select the button.
Please note that adding digital assets can account for additional increase in your data file size.