GL Budget Tools Overview
The Sapphire GL Budget Tools enable the SapphireOne user to alter multiple General Ledger budgets simultaneously, processing all items selected or highlighted on screen. This gives the SapphireOne user the unique ability to filter out any general ledger accounts they do not wish to apply any of the GL Budget Tools to. For each General Ledger account, actual figures are shown for each period and these can be compared with budget figures as required. Budget figures are included from your General Ledger accounts, by clicking the boxes as required. There is also provision for the entry of revised budget figures if it is required.
The Sapphire Budget Tools include Copy Last Year’s Actual Into Budget, Copy This Year’s Budget into Next Year, Copy This Year’s Actual into Next Year, Copy Budget to Revised, Copy Revised to Budget and Swap Budget and Revised. By utilising these tools the SapphireOne user has the ability to copy previous year’s budgets and actual balances into the following year, copy current and revised budgets and swap current and revised budget values.
Where Used: Accounts > General Ledger > General Ledger Inquiry
These tools will process all items currently selected or highlighted on screen. The user is strongly advised to filter out any general ledger accounts that you do not want any of these tools to apply to then select all the items on screen.
Each General Ledger account has a budget page as seen below. The GL Budget tools drop down menu provides the SapphireOne user with nine options for creating a budget across budget periods.
When a General Ledger Inquiry is on screen, SapphireOne provides Tools for the bulk management of your budgets in the order that they are listed in the Sapphire Tools menu and are as follows:
- Copy Last Year’s Actual Into Budget – The Sapphire tool will copy this years Actual expenditure in to a budget for next year
- Copy This Year’s Budget into Next Year – The Sapphire tool will copy last years Budget into next years.
- Copy This Year’s Actual into Next Year – The Sapphire tool will copy this years Actual balance into next years.
- Copy Budget to Revised – The Sapphire tool will copy the current budget to a Revised Budget.
- Copy Revised to Budget – The Sapphire tool will copy a Revised budget into an actual budget.
- Swap Budget and Revised – The Sapphire tool will simply swap the Budget and Revised Budget values.