Assets Locations Inquiry Overview
SapphireOne Assets Locations Inquiry is the single source of all assets and their respective locations, giving a holistic view of all assets on a location by location basis and allowing the user to track where assets are stored. A Location Inquiry also allows the grouping of similar types of assets within a particular Location.
Asset Location Inquiry is company specific and displays data applicable to the company the user is logged into. To view more than one company location data the user will need to be logged in as a Multi Company Master user. While locations appear across multiple companies in a multiple company data file the viewing, modifying and entering of locations is Company dependant. If no Company is entered into the Company field the location will be visible to ALL logins in the data file irrespective of which Company they are logged into.
To create a new Location, go to the main toolbar and select the New icon, or type shortcut ‘command/ctrl N’, and enter your new Location details as outlined below. To save a completed Location go to the main toolbar and select the Save icon.
All inquiry screens in SapphireOne offer the option to customise the list of items displayed on the page. This feature, known as Custom Inquiry, allows you to select the data fields to be shown and the order in which the columns of data appear across the screen. Although a client list is used as an example below, any type of inquiry can be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below represents the standard inquiry list, displaying a basic set of data fields for each client record:
Swap to Custom Inquiry
When you select the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry’ button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen, SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen, as shown below. This Custom List screen provides the user with two main options for organising the data display:
- To add or remove the data field columns displayed on the screen, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
- To change the order in which the data field columns are displayed, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
Once you have customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will be unique to you, and each time you log in, you will see the same custom view. You also have the option to select and save an unlimited number of custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen, as detailed below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen, which can be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To begin setting up your Customised List screen, click the Setup button, as shown above. The Setup screen will appear, as displayed below.
From this screen, users can add and remove data columns as needed. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables can be included in the Custom List screen, provided the user has the necessary authorisation.
The screen features several menu items across the top, which include:
- Reset to Default – Clicking this button resets the display to the default settings determined by SapphireOne. When you add a new data field, SapphireOne will place it on the right-hand side of the data columns. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to your desired location on the screen.
- Show Related Record – This option allows you to add related fields from other tables. By ticking the Show Related checkbox at the top of the screen, you can select a related record, and a mini view of that related record for the chosen entry will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields to be displayed.
- Favourite Set – Located at the top left of the screen, this option enables you to save a custom-created screen for future use. For instance, you can have a simple Inquiry screen for general use and a more complex screen view when auditing specific information.
- ID – Enter the unique Location ID.
- Name – Enter the Name of the Location.
- Department – Enter the Department ID. The user can enter the wild card ‘@’ and ‘?’ symbols here to search for the Department ID.
- Company – SapphireOne will automatically enter the Company that the user is currently logged into. The user can modify as necessary.
- Active Checkbox – The Active checkbox will be automatically selected when a Location is created. The user can unselect the Active checkbox to make the Location inactive and no longer appear on the Location Inquiry screen.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
The Details area holds additional information about the Location.
- Contact – Enter the ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols to search for any Contact stored within your SapphireOne datafile.
- Phone – This field will automatically populate with the number associated to the entered contact. Selecting the Green phone icon allows the user to call the number directly through SapphireOne Softphone integration.
- Physical – Enter the physical address. The user can select the underlined Physical heading to bring up a map view of the location. This function is described in further detail below.
- Country – Enter the Country of the location.
A useful feature available in SapphireOne is the ability to obtain a map view from a Physical address record. To access this functionality, click on the Physical heading in the Address Area. This feature is available throughout SapphireOne, including in Sapphire Webpack and the Sapphire Custom Webpack. With this feature, the user can obtain a visual representation of the physical location associated with the contact’s address, which can be helpful for planning and logistics purposes.
The map view feature in SapphireOne is device/platform agnostic
This means that it can be used on any device or platform. When the user clicks on the Physical heading in the Address Area above, the default mapping application in either an app or web browser will be utilised to display the map view. This means that the feature is not dependent on a specific mapping application or device, and can be accessed and used on a variety of platforms and devices.
Whether using a mobile device, tablet, or desktop computer, the map view feature in SapphireOne remains accessible, providing users with a consistent experience regardless of their chosen device or platform.
Any Notes that are required may be entered in this area. The user can select the Green Clock Icon to add a Time and Date stamp to the Notes. The user also has the ability to highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to their preference.
Location Lines Area
The Location Lines area displays all of the assets held within the particular location.