Salespeople Inquiry Overview
SapphireOne Salespeople can be a combination of an employee within your organisation, or, alternatively, may be a vendor that acts contractor as a Salesperson, or a could be a commission based Salesperson. More often than not, Salespeople sole task is focused on generating sales with your clients and your potential clients. Salespeople will use a combination of Softphone within SapphireOne inbuilt into the contact when making phone calls to clients and/or emailing directly from SapphireOne. Emailing maybe part of providing quotes or confirming sales orders. This may also be done via telephone. It can all be all driven from the SapphireOne client and SapphireOne contact CRM. This will include Mailchimp marketing campaigns that are in-built into the SapphireOne client contact and also in-built into all contacts within the SapphireOne application.
Salespeople will also be on the road, visiting client locations in person and taking orders and providing quotes in this scenario this would be completed using the Sapphire Web Pack and Quote Client Invoice. Salespeople will raise an action as a follow-up, which will automatically appear in your SapphireOne Calendar and will appear as actions within the Sapphire Web Pack as reminders for follow-ups of potential clients and potential client quotes. Web orders coming via your website will be, more often than not, the responsibility of your sales people to oversee the correct delivery of those responsible. Following up on internet based sources, this maybe form lead generations via email campaigns your website and various social media.
Your sales manager will also be a salesperson will also appear on the Salespeople List, and the sales manager will be responsible for technical strategies facilitating orders driving management of sales budgets and managing Salespeople and their monthly sales budgets within SapphireOne. The principal goal of Salespeople is generating close working relationships with both clients and potential clients. This will be accomplished through networking, email campaigns, cold calling and phone calls. The primary goal of Salespeople is finding new clients to sell to and contining relationships with existing clients to build a larger sales pipeline.
Salespeople and the companies they represent will market their particular products and services in a proposal presented in a way that a potential client will ultimately come to a buying decision, knowing this is the right product or service for their organisation. The establishment of the relationship with your prospective client will be established via analysing and gathering their ultimate requirements and needs and optimising your products and services as a Quote Client Invoice (QCI). This will ultimately achieve the successful completion of a Quote Client Invoice (QCI) that will be accepted and converted to an Order Client Invoice (OCI).
When a prospective SapphireOne Client makes an initial email or phone inquiry, our first question is defining the prospective clients requirements with a new ERP. This is an example of the relationship that we immediately establish with a prospective client. This assists us in establishing the inadequacies of the current system the client is using, and helping them achieve their future growth plans within their organisation in partnership with SapphireOne. Another tool utilised by the SapphireOne team when consulting with a prospective client is directing them to the SapphireOne Knowledge Base.
Prospective sales will include, but are not limited to, identifying and locating potential clients, establishing relationships with the potential client, building strong communication with future clients, continued innovation in your product and service offerings by constantly refining the product or service. Ultimately this will create a successful sales pipeline for your Salespeople, which will generate and produce increased revenue and profits.
A sales person (also referred to as a rep or sales representative) is someone that is responsible for making sales for the organisation. Sales People Inquiry allows you to keep track of the quantity and value of sales made by a Sales Person. This allows the user to view sales, costs, gross margins, number of transactions and set sales targets.
When the Sales People Inquiry is selected, a list of all Sales People in SapphireOne who have their status checkbox set as ‘Active’ will be displayed.
From this list of Sales People the user is able to Add new Sales People, Look at or Modify existing Sales People.
You may also use the corresponding keyboard shortcut. The actual number of sales people displayed in the list will depend on the type of access to the Sales People Inquiry function granted by SapphireOne administrator as per below:
- If a user is granted access, and no particular Sales Rep is entered into the More Details Page of their User Access Inquiry in Utilities mode, they will have access to the complete list of Sales People in SapphireOne as normal as seen in the screenshot above.
- If the user has a Sales People ID inserted into his User Access Master file on the More Details Page, the list of Sales People will be limited to his or here alone. Once this is done, the Sale People Inquiry list will then be filtered to displaying just that sales person. They will not be permitted to look any any other Sales Persons file.
- Throughout SapphireOne no duplicate ID’s may be used. However there is an exception, the same ID may be used for the Sales persons ID here, the Employees ID and the User ID if required, provided they are for the same person.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
Sales People Area
- ID – ID for the Sales Person.
- Inactive – If checked the Sales Person is marked as inactive.
- Name – Sales Person’s complete name. I.e. John Smith
- First – Sales Person’s first name.
- Surname – Sales Person’s surname.
- Initials – Sales Person’s Initials.
- Title – Sales Person’s title. Mr, Mrs, etc.
- Phone – Phone number of the Sales Person.
- Email – Email Address of the Sales Person.
- Company – The Company that the Sales Person is working under. SapphireOne should enter the company for you.
- Department – The section in the Company that the Sales Person is working under. This is optional and if entered can be used for reporting purposes.
- Type – Select using the radio buttons if the sales person is a Sales person or a Carrier.
POS Access Area
If you set up a Sales Person under POS, SapphireOne will ask for that Sales Person’s ID before they are allowed to conduct POS transactions.
- Password – Enter a Password for POS access.
- Change Discount – Selecting the check box will allow the changing of discounts. By default changing discounts is not allowed.
- Change Price – Selecting the check box will allow the changing of prices. By default changing prices is not allowed.
Any Contacts associated with the Sales Person can be documented here.
The user can view information relating to sales and any related sales information in regards to that Sales Person, while setting targets for them to achieve.
Month To Date (MTD) Area
The Month To Date area allows the user to view Sales, Costs, Gross Margin, Number of Transactions for the month.
Total To Date (TTD) Area
The Total To Date area allows the user to view Sales, Costs, Gross Margin, Number of Transactions for all recorded transactions for that Sales Person.
Period Sales Area
A breakdown by period of all recorded transactions for this Sales Person. The ‘Find Period Invoices’ button when clicked, will open an inquiry displaying any linked invoices for the period (or line) selected.
Sales Target Area
This allows you to set targets or goals for the Sales Person in regards to the period. This resets each year. You do not have to utilise all 30 periods.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.