The Hire Return function within SapphireOne Inventory Mode Point of Sale (POS) is to be utilised when receiving an item back that has been hired out. It should be noted that the original hire transaction must be posted before it will be displayed here in the Hire Return function.
The following steps are to be followed .
- Menu Selection – Select the Hire Return Item from the POS menu in Inventory mode.
- Hire Item Selection – You have two options as follows.
- Number – Enter in either the Sequence number or the Invoice number of the original hire transaction.
- SapphireOne will then display it in the list as seen below.
- Returned Column – Next tick the check box in the Returned column.
- Bond Return – Check the details in Bond Return field.
- Process – Next select the Process button. SapphireOne will close down the screen and create a posted HCC transaction as a return transaction for the item.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.