The Hire Return function within SapphireOne Inventory Mode Point of Sale (POS) is to be utilised when receiving an item back that has been hired out. It should be noted that the original hire transaction must be posted before it will be displayed here in the Hire Return function.
The following steps are to be followed .
- Menu Selection – Select the Hire Return Item from the POS menu in Inventory mode.
- Hire Item Selection – You have two options as follows.
- Number – Enter in either the Sequence number or the Invoice number of the original hire transaction.
- SapphireOne will then display it in the list as seen below.
- Returned Column – Next tick the check box in the Returned column.
- Bond Return – Check the details in Bond Return field.
- Process – Next select the Process button. SapphireOne will close down the screen and create a posted HCC transaction as a return transaction for the item.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.