Voucher Inquiry Overview
A Voucher, also commonly referred to as a Gift Card, Gift Certificate or Gift Token, is a prepaid money voucher with a chosen stored value. It is usually issued by a retailer or organisation to be used as an alternative to cash for purchasing of goods or services. Vouchers may be distributed by retailers as part of a promotional strategy to encourage customers to come transact online or in store. Vouchers are usually only redeemable for purchases at the relevant business, premise or organisation.
The Voucher Inquiry screen within SapphireOne Inventory Manager Mode allows the user to create unique Vouchers based on their requirements. Vouchers may be activated and have any expiry date set as required. The Voucher will contain detailed information about the transaction, including the payee details, the amount of the Voucher, a description and more.
When opening the Voucher Inquiry screen, the Vouchers are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can also adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List Windows in SapphireOne, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
To obtain full details for the Voucher you can Look by selecting a single line or a group and then selecting Look . To Modify a Voucher you can double click on the item or you can click on the Voucher once and select the Modify icon or use the keyboard shortcut. Both screens look the same but only by selecting Modify can you amend the data. To create a new Voucher, click on the New icon.
All inquiry screens in SapphireOne offer the option to customise the list of items displayed on the page. This feature, known as Custom Inquiry, allows you to select the data fields to be shown and the order in which the columns of data appear across the screen. Although a client list is used as an example below, any type of inquiry can be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below represents the standard inquiry list, displaying a basic set of data fields for each client record:
Swap to Custom Inquiry
When you select the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry’ button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen, SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen, as shown below. This Custom List screen provides the user with two main options for organising the data display:
- To add or remove the data field columns displayed on the screen, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
- To change the order in which the data field columns are displayed, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
Once you have customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will be unique to you, and each time you log in, you will see the same custom view. You also have the option to select and save an unlimited number of custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen, as detailed below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen, which can be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To begin setting up your Customised List screen, click the Setup button, as shown above. The Setup screen will appear, as displayed below.
From this screen, users can add and remove data columns as needed. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables can be included in the Custom List screen, provided the user has the necessary authorisation.
The screen features several menu items across the top, which include:
- Reset to Default – Clicking this button resets the display to the default settings determined by SapphireOne. When you add a new data field, SapphireOne will place it on the right-hand side of the data columns. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to your desired location on the screen.
- Show Related Record – This option allows you to add related fields from other tables. By ticking the Show Related checkbox at the top of the screen, you can select a related record, and a mini view of that related record for the chosen entry will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields to be displayed.
- Favourite Set – Located at the top left of the screen, this option enables you to save a custom-created screen for future use. For instance, you can have a simple Inquiry screen for general use and a more complex screen view when auditing specific information.
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically generate a unique sequence number for the Voucher.
- Serial – SapphireOne will generate a unique Serial number for the Voucher.
- New Button – Select the New button to generate a new unique Serial number for the voucher.
- Company – Enter the company ID that the Voucher is linked to. The light blue fields are searchable and the user can search for the Company ID by entering ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols into the field.
- Inventory – Enter the Inventory ID that the Voucher is linked to. The light blue fields are searchable and the user can search for the Company ID by entering ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols into the field.
- Client – Enter the Client ID that the Voucher is linked to. The light blue fields are searchable and the user can search for the Company ID by entering ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols into the field.
- Value – Enter the total dollar value of the Voucher.
- Balance – SapphireOne will automatically calculate the total remaining Balance of the Voucher.
- Status – SapphireOne will automatically display the status of the Voucher.
- Created – SapphireOne will automatically enter the date the Voucher was created.
- Activated – Enter the date the Voucher will become active. Click on the underlined heading to select a date from the SapphireOne Calendar.
- Expiry – Enter the date the Voucher will expire. Select on the underlined heading to select a date from the SapphireOne Calendar.
The Transaction Area automatically records any transactions made against the Voucher.