Voucher Inquiry Overview
A Voucher, also commonly referred to as a Gift Card, Gift Certificate or Gift Token, is a prepaid money voucher with a chosen stored value. It is usually issued by a retailer or organisation to be used as an alternative to cash for purchasing of goods or services. Vouchers may be distributed by retailers as part of a promotional strategy to encourage customers to come transact online or in store. Vouchers are usually only redeemable for purchases at the relevant business, premise or organisation.
The Voucher Inquiry screen within SapphireOne Inventory Manager Mode allows the user to create unique Vouchers based on their requirements. Vouchers may be activated and have any expiry date set as required. The Voucher will contain detailed information about the transaction, including the payee details, the amount of the Voucher, a description and more.
When opening the Voucher Inquiry screen, the Vouchers are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can also adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List Windows in SapphireOne, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
To obtain full details for the Voucher you can Look by selecting a single line or a group and then selecting Look . To Modify a Voucher you can double click on the item or you can click on the Voucher once and select the Modify icon or use the keyboard shortcut. Both screens look the same but only by selecting Modify can you amend the data. To create a new Voucher, click on the New icon.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically generate a unique sequence number for the Voucher.
- Serial – SapphireOne will generate a unique Serial number for the Voucher.
- New Button – Select the New button to generate a new unique Serial number for the voucher.
- Company – Enter the company ID that the Voucher is linked to. The light blue fields are searchable and the user can search for the Company ID by entering ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols into the field.
- Inventory – Enter the Inventory ID that the Voucher is linked to. The light blue fields are searchable and the user can search for the Company ID by entering ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols into the field.
- Client – Enter the Client ID that the Voucher is linked to. The light blue fields are searchable and the user can search for the Company ID by entering ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols into the field.
- Value – Enter the total dollar value of the Voucher.
- Balance – SapphireOne will automatically calculate the total remaining Balance of the Voucher.
- Status – SapphireOne will automatically display the status of the Voucher.
- Created – SapphireOne will automatically enter the date the Voucher was created.
- Activated – Enter the date the Voucher will become active. Click on the underlined heading to select a date from the SapphireOne Calendar.
- Expiry – Enter the date the Voucher will expire. Select on the underlined heading to select a date from the SapphireOne Calendar.
The Transaction Area automatically records any transactions made against the Voucher.