The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.
Workbook – General – Contacts
Differences in the Lists of Actions:
Workbook mode or the Inquiry Palette on the main toolbar
- When Actions is accessed here in Workbook mode or from the Inquiry Palette, all actions in SapphireOne with a status of Open or Hold will be listed as may seen in the screenshot above.
- The main tool bar is then used to then Add , Modify , Look or Delete an action.
Additional tools for displaying the list of actions may be found on the Options menu on the main toolbar by using the Find function.
The Find function then has a main drop down menu that has a number of built in filters as follows:
- Standard Selection – Default display
- All Records will display all actions including those that have been set as Completed.
- Active Only will only display Open or active actions in the list.
- User entries will filter the list to those actions linked to the currently logged in user that have a status of Open or Hold.
- Current Alarms will only display all alarms that are current.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
From a Function
When a function has been opened for viewing or modification, there is an Action Page at the bottom of the page menu. When the Actions Page is selected, SapphireOne will filter the list of actions to display only actions that are linked to the currently open item.
- Action Linking – When the Actions Page is selected from a Job Project Inquiry, only Actions linked to the currently viewed Job Project will be listed. The only actions displayed in the list will have a status of either Open or Hold on them. While these actions may be set as completed here, the user will have to use the Actions option from either here in Workbook Mode or from the Inquiry Palette to view or modify any actions with their status set as completed. This is because the Action Inquiry function on either here in Workbook Mode or the Inquiry Palette is the only two locations that completed actions may be displayed.
- New Action – To create a new action, the user must select the icon on the main toolbar.
- Deleting an Action – To remove an action from the list, select the icon on the main toolbar.
The Action screen has seven main areas.
1. Diary area
Entering Diary area details
- Sequence – For each action SapphireOne will automatically generate a sequence number and this may not be altered by the user.
- Title – Enter a name or title for the Action.
- Type –This is a user created drop down menu.
- Action – This is user created drop down menu as usual.
The headings in this area may be set up by going to: Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ System
- User – The current user will be entered here but this may be altered if required to any valid user and if the private checkbox is selected SapphireOne will only allow the user entered to see this action.
- Private Checkbox – If the Private checkbox is selected, the user who creates this action will be the only user who may view or modify this action.
- Status – This a standard hard wired drop down menu. The user has only three options when selecting from this menu. Open, Hold and Completed. The Status will commence as Open and if Completed is selected the current system date will be entered in to the Completed data entry field and the action will no longer be displayed in the list of Actions.
- Tag – Is a user created drop down menu and is directly linked to the Calendar in Workbook mode. To filter actions appearing in the Calendar when using Workbook mode or the Inquiry Palette select the required Tag at the top of the screen. Then only actions with that same tag will be displayed in the calendar. When you have a number of actions this will help minimise the list. This tag data entry field although not applicable to this Action function is, directly linked to an item in Master Defaults on the System Page enabling the restriction of posting and converting transactions by users.
- Link – When using the actions function from Workbook mode or the Palette SapphireOne will not insert anything into this data entry field. The user will have to manually select the link and untill they do the action will not be linked to anything in the SapphireOne data file.
Please note the drop down menu on the right of the Link data entry field.
Here in Workbook this action may be linked to virtually anything in SapphireOne as the drop down menu may be accessed by the user.
- This drop down menu is user created and is directly linked to the Calendar in the Inquiry Palette. To filter actions appearing in the Calendar when using the Inquiry Palette select the required Tag at the top of the screen. Then only actions with that same tag will be displayed in the calendar. When you have a number of actions this will help minimise the list. This tag data entry field although not applicable to this Action function is, directly linked to an item in Master Defaults on the System Page enabling the restriction of posting and converting transactions by users.
Check list area
- Users may enter what they want into this area when common items are required for checking.
Date & Times area
Dates and times for an alarm may be setup in this area for the action.
- Start Date & Time – A start date and time may be set up here. A date and time picking calendars are available for data entry.
- Finish Date & Time – A Finish date and time may be set up here. A date and time picking calendars are available for data entry. In addition
- Completed – A Completed date and time may be set up here. A date and time picking calendars/dropdowns are available for data entry. The Complete date will be initially set by SapphireOne as 00. If a date is entered by the user SapphireOne will automatically mark the action as Completed when the date is reached.
Dates and time may be set up in this area for the automatic generation of email alarms.
- Date – A date is entered her for the alarm email. A date picking calendars are available for data entry.
- Time – A time is entered her for the alarm email. A time picking drop down are available for data entry.
- Email alarm checkbox – If selected SapphireOne will send an email alarm.
An alarm may also be sent as an Email but it is a two step process.
A valid email address must be entered into the Email data entry field. Next the must be selected. Unless an Email address is entered into the Email data entry field and the associated checkbox selected SapphireOne will not generate the email alarm as documented on the next page in this manual.
- Message Alarm checkbox – If selected SapphireOne will send an message alarm in the form of a pop up when a user logs into SapphireOne.
Result of an Alarm
Not all actions will be set up with an alarm date and time, but say for this example this has been done.
When an action has an alarm time set, and SapphireOne detects that this user logs in after the alarm time has been reached, a pop-up will be displayed. This pop-up will also appear at other times when the user who set up the action either enters or exits some parts of the SapphireOne program.
This message will continue to be displayed until the Alarm has had the date adjusted back or the Status has been changed from Open to either Hold or Completed.
Choices from the Alarm Message
Select [No] and the menu item you have selected will be displayed as normal.
Select [Yes] and SapphireOne will do a detailed query for the action that has been activated so that the list of actions only contains the active action.
From here you may then select the Action and then deal with it in the normal way.
Any changes to this action must now be saved with a [Tick].
- As mentioned previously, all actions are automatically linked to the function from which they are created. This message is automatically entered by SapphireOne indicates that this action was created from a Client Inquiry for the Client ARCGRO. While you are allowed to create Actions here from the palette they WILL NOT be linked to any function and so will only be displayed from Actions when accessed from the Inquiry Palette.
- Users can now have recurring actions set-up within the system.
- The Recurring Type drop down menu is also linked to the recurring data entry field. Once within an Action, users can choose from a number of Recurring Types as seen to the right. Just select the Recurring Date heading and a calendar will be displayed enabling the user to select a date for this to occur.
The notes area is where notes may be kept about the action. Making some alterations to the action will cause SapphireOne to automatically make an entry in the notes area.
- An Action is the same for all functions. However, each function has individual Action files which are filtered so that only Actions created while using that function are able to be viewed or modified. (See the details on Message).
- There is a Calendar function available enabling you to quickly view and alter all actions currently in SapphireOne. This may be found under the Inquiries Palette on the main toolbar or under the General drop down menu in Workbook mode. It has been placed here on the Palette so that it is quickly available from all areas in the program. Items from the palette menu open in addition to the function you already have opened. This is documented in the next section of this manual.