Job Projects > Resources > Transactions > Clone Transaction
Clone Transaction Overview
The SapphireOne Clone Transaction tool enables the SapphireOne user to make a copy or duplicate of a time sheet transaction or multiple time sheet transactions. The Clone Transaction tool gives the SapphireOne user the ability to duplicate a time sheet, making data entry extremely efficient when creating identical time sheets for different employees who may have worked at the same location on the same task for the same period of time.
To use the Sapphire Clone tool, select/highlight a time sheet from the list of time sheets on screen as seen below.
Next select the Clone Transaction tool from the Sapphire tools menu. An alert will be displayed telling the user the number of records/time sheet/s that will be cloned.
The user will note in the screen shot below that we now have two time sheets in the screen shot with identical Internal Reference numbers.
The original Time Sheet can be viewed in the screenshot below.
The cloned time sheet can be viewed in the screenshot below.
From the screen shot above, the highlighted items will be cloned by the Sapphire Clone Transaction tool and will have to be checked before saving. For example, Start and Finish dates will probably be the same for all time sheets for the employee and will not have to be changed.
- Reference Number – This will be cloned and may have to be altered if required.
- Date In – This will have to be altered.
- Period – This will have to be checked and, if required, altered.
- Start Date – This will have to be checked and, if required, altered.
- Finish Date – This will have to be checked and, if required, altered.
- Date – The date entered into all lines in the transaction will have to be checked and, if required, altered.