Start New Pay Overview
The SapphireOne Start New Pay facility sets a new Payrun in motion. This signifies the previous Payroll has now been completed successfully. Starting a new SapphireOne Pay Run will trigger all defaults for the employees that are selected for this new Pay Run.
The available defaults include Leave, Annual Leave, Long Service Leave, Deductions, Superannuation Contributions, both compulsory and voluntary, healthcare benefits or deductions and any type of addition or deduction that may either apply to the Employee Award or Employee Workplace agreement.
Various available options in this screen allow the Pay Run to be applied to relevant employees only for a chosen period.
This facility is located at Payroll/HR > Payroll > Start New Pay.
Prior to commencing Start New Pay, it is suggested a BACKUP be completed.
Selecting Start New Pay will result in the following screen.
- The user has the option of starting a pay run for various pay periods from Weekly, Fortnightly, Bi-Monthly, Monthly and Four Weekly. One or more selections may be made.
- You may also elect to start just one or more employee’s by entering in the ID and then selecting the button to add them to the Pay Run. For example, type in an Employee’s ID and select the button, then type in the next Employee’s ID and select the button again. Entering in an Employee department or Class and then selecting the button will add all of the employees in the selected Department or Class.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
This will remove all current Pay Run transactions, Working Transactions, for the Employees selected only. If SapphireOne detects that there are unprocessed working transactions a warning alert will be displayed.
- You would normally only have remaining Working Transactions if any employees from the previous Pay Run were not included in a Pay Run function being executed for them. Alternatively this might occur if a month end wasn’t completed. You may also want to utilise this facility if you are deliberately clearing some earlier Working Transactions. The most common reason for clearing working transactions would be after making changes to any employees Standing Transactions and these changes need to be incorporated into their standing Transaction records before the next Pay run is executed.
- All of the selected Employee’s Standing Transactions are copied into the Working Transactions temporary file for the Pay Run.
- This action can be re-run, should you find permanent changes are required to be made to the current Pay Run data and all future Pay Runs.
Note that selections made in this screen will directly affect the Pay Run function for which the documentation commences in the relevant article.
The user should be aware that SapphireOne refers to the computer’s internal clock for dates when a pay run is commenced and executed. Also note any dates that SapphireOne applies as a default should always be checked by the user and altered as necessary. This relates in particular to starting and ending dates for a Pay Run.