Superannuation Adjustment Overview
Correcting an error made to a Superannuation Payment is a simple procedure, however care has to be taken so that all areas within SapphireOne are adjusted accordingly. The Superannuation Adjustment function automates this procedure so that all areas within SapphireOne are automatically corrected.
This feature is located at Payroll/HR > Payroll > Superannuation Adjustment.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
- When this Superannuation Adjustment screens is first displayed it is blank.
- Use Control / or the + or – button to either add or delete a line and select an employee using the “@” or “?” wildcard character as we have in the following example. Multiple adjustments to Employee’s Superannuation may be made at the onetime using this adjustment function.
- To commence processing the adjustment/s select the Process Adjustment button.
- An alert will be displayed to confirm processing. If you are not ready to process the adjustment select NO and proceed as follows to Enter the Adjustment/s
- Click on the data entry field and enter in either the “@” or “?” wildcard character to search for the Employee ID or if known enter in the exact Employee ID.
- If the Employee has a single Superannuation Fund it will be displayed in the data entry field. If they have multiple funds they may be selected using the drop down menu which will be populated with the funds for that particular employee that SapphireOne finds. The superannuation Fund Name will be displayed as well as the Superannuation Vendor.
- Enter into the Adjust Value data entry field the adjustment required. When this transaction is processed a VI will be created for positive values and a VC will be created for negative values.
- Once you have all the adjustments set up select the Process Adjustment button and you will be presented with that same alert that was displayed when you selected an Employee. Select the YES button to process these Superannuation Adjustments and create the Account transactions.
The VI created in Accounts mode is displayed below.
SapphireOne considers each Superannuation Adjustment as a Pay Run so the Pay Run numbers will increment accordingly.