Add to Batch Overview
For either Receivables or Payables transactions SapphireOne has the ability to add a unique batch number to each record in a subset of those transactions. This unique number is useful as a reference to indicate a relationship between individual records for purposes such as reconciliation. SapphireOne has functionality where certain types of transactions will have a batch number automatically added to them. One example is when we are generating vendor payments for EFT. It will automatically put a batch number, the same as when we’re doing client receipts and we’re doing them as one batch deposit. It will automatically add a batch number to a group of client receipts. For example that may have been payed on credit cards, it’s been batched and it’s in a batch group or it may be a part of a series of cheques, and you will the will physically take those to the bank and the group of cheques will be given a unique batch number. The ability to add a batch number at a later date gives the end user flexibility to add an additional field that can be queried, sorted and searched by at any time.
Where Used: Accounts > Receivables, Payables, G/L > Transaction Inquiries
Within an individual record the result will appear under the Controls tab of each individual transaction.
The following image is an example of the custom screen configured to display the Batch number in the second column.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.