Custom Modify Log Overview
SapphireOne Custom Modify Log allows the user to make modifications to a posted transaction. Examples that can be custom modified are date in, due date, external reference, tag, check status and memo. Once the Custom Modify function tool has been used on a particular transaction, at some point the user may wish to generate a log file providing the original detailed information i.e. the date in and then the date in that it was changed to. You can then produce the log file as a Sapphire Quick Report identifying the original date, the date it was changed to and the user details of who made the changes. This will once again obviously apply to date in, date due, date it was changed to, external reference, what the external reference was and what it was change to. The log file will produce this report with the date and time stamp of what the old date was and what the new date details or the due date or simply a reference with a date and time stamp of the user as well. Custom Modify is very powerful tool that’s particularly useful when SapphireOne users inadvertently post transactions with incorrect dates, for example, incorrect external references tags, etc. and allows the user to make modifications without affecting the post transaction.
To utilise the Custom Modify Log Tool.
- Manually select any record or records that have had the Custom Modify tool used on them.
- Select Show Subset from the Options menu on the main toolbar.
- Once the transaction or Transactions are in the list on screen, select the Quick Report function which is on the Sapphire Tools drop down menu.
The reason for the selection of Show Subset from the Options menu is because the Quick Report function will produce a report for all of the items currently in the list onscreen. If there are hundreds of items the subsequent Quick Report will be a number of pages long and identifying the actual transaction could be a time consuming exercise.
- If there is more than a single record the user is advised to include an identifier in the first column.
- In the screenshot to the right we have selected the Sequence Number followed by the Log item in the list.
- Note that the log item in this list is towards the bottom of the list of fields.
- The sequence number followed by the details that are held in the log record for the transaction.