The SapphireOne Lists function controls the different lists used by the various areas of SapphireOne.
Drop-Down Control Menu
The drop down menu has the following options: Commands, Operators, Options 1, Options 2 and Steel Mill. Using these names, it is possible to combine a range of menu selections that will support your activities in all areas of the program.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
- Add New item – Select the Add icon to create a new item. A dialog screen will open asking you for the new name to be added to the list.
- Modify Item – Select the Modify icon. A dialog screen will open asking for a new name for the selected item
- Delete Item – Select an item and then select the Delete icon. The selected item will be removed from the list.
- Move Up – Select an item and then select the Move Up icon. The selected item will be moved up one place in the list.
- Move Down – Select an item and then select the Move Down icon. The selected item will be moved down one place in the list.
- Not Available – Any icon that is not available for use will be inaccessible (greyed out).