Show Reports Overview
The Show Reports function within SapphireOne Inventory Sales Mode enables the user to set up a number of different report styles for different purposes. The user has the ability to set up custom reoccurring reports such as Sales by Client, Sales by Client Class, Sales by Item, Sales by Item Class, Sales by Project Class, Sales by Rep and more.
All reports are created by using an elegant selection of standard drop-down menus. Once the drop-down menu options have been selected the user can select the dates or periods that the report is to encompass. All generated reports may be exported as a CSV file and may be opened by any external spreadsheet program. There is also is a Matrix report available that will display a report in a matrix style format.
All reports may be Date driven or Period driven by selecting the Use Period Button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
- Range – The range is by default set using the button in the lower left hand corner of the screen. The default is by date with the date options as seen to the right. The default date option is This month to Date with other options as seen to the right. Please note that the last option Last Financial Year to Date is Last Financial Year to todays date last Year. This will enable the user to compare last years sales figures to this years sales figures for the same time frame in last and current financial years.
- From and To Dates – For a date driven report the two data entry fields require a date input while for a period driven report they require the entry of a number which is a period. Both are seen in the screenshots to the right. Note that the date option has both From and To underlined so they have a convenient pop up calendar to pick dates from.
- Depart – Select All departments or select any Department in the company. Selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Sort – The sorting of each item as it will appear in the report. It should be noted that the small [>] button just the right of the sort drop-down menu is used to invert the sort. It acts as a toggle reversing the sort order. Selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Display Column By – This option selects what data is included with each column. Total and Rep display correctly with date driven reports and period data displays with the period driven reports.
- Recalculate Button – Every time a change is made to the report, the Recalculate Button must be selected so that SapphireOne can re-calculate the report. Any changes are displayed immediately in the report area.
- Display Quantity or Dollar Values – In some reports, the Use Qty and Use $ buttons will be displayed allowing for selection of either quantities or dollar values in the report.
- Radio Buttons – These radio buttons operate in pairs. The report my be generated using Orders or Sales, and by Date In or the Delivery Date by selection of the appropriate radio button.
- Query Button – When the requirement is for a limited report, for example only the one client, a detailed query may be performed for the client by selecting the Query button. This causes SapphireOne to display the detailed query pop up enabling the user to query for any item in SapphireOne
- Use Period Button – By selecting the Use Period button the report will be altered to a period drive report the options are as seen to the right. The default period is This Financial Year. The Use Date button has now altered so select it again to go back to a date driven report.
- Export and Printing Buttons – Once the report is ready the user may select the Export button to export the report as a csv file which may be viewed by any spreadsheet program. If immediate printing is required just select the Print button ant the report will be printed.
When any alterations or changes are made to reports the Recalculate button must be selected each time to re-calculate the report and display the new details.