Show Reports Overview
The Show Reports function within SapphireOne Accounts Payables Mode enables the user to set up a number of different report styles for different purposes. The user has the ability to set up custom reoccurring reports related to Vendor accounts, such as a Balances By Vendor Report as seen below.
All reports are created by using a simple selection of standard drop-down menus. Once the drop-down menu options have been selected the user can then select the dates or periods that the report is to encompass. All generated reports may be exported as a CSV file and may be opened by any external spreadsheet program such as Excel. There is also a Matrix report available that will display a report in a matrix style format
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
All reports may be Date driven or Period driven by selecting the Use Date Button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Depart – Select the Department.
- To – Select the finish date of the report.
- Query Button – When the requirement is for a limited report, for example only the one client, a detailed query may be performed for the client by selecting the Query button. This causes SapphireOne to display the detailed query pop up enabling the user to query for any item in SapphireOne
- Grouping – Select how the data will be grouped. For example, by ID, Class, Department, etc.
- Breaking – Select if you would like the data broken down further by Transaction Details.
- Sort – The sorting of each item as it will appear in the report. It should be noted that the small [>] button just the right of the sort drop-down menu is used to invert the sort. It acts as a toggle reversing the sort order. Selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Display Column By – This option selects what data is included with each column. Total and Rep display correctly with date driven reports and period data displays with the period driven reports.
- Recalculate Button – Every time a change is made to the report, the Recalculate Button must be selected so that SapphireOne can re-calculate the report. Any changes are displayed immediately in the report area.
- Use Period Button – By selecting the Use Period button the report will be altered to a period drive report the options are as seen to the right. The default period is This Financial Year. The Use Date button has now altered so select it again to go back to a date driven report.
- Export and Printing Buttons – Once the report is ready the user may select the Export button to export the report as a csv file which may be viewed by any spreadsheet program. If immediate printing is required just select the Print button ant the report will be printed.
When any alterations or changes are made to reports the Recalculate button must be selected each time to re-calculate the report and display the new details.