Shops Inquiry Overview
The Shops Inquiry screen within SapphireOne Inventory Mode Point of Sale (POS) menu is used to set up multiple shops for POS based transactions within SapphireOne.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate below, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logs in they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
How to Enter a New Shop
To enter a new Shop, open the SapphireOne Shops Inquiry screen and select the icon from SapphireOne main toolbar.
- ID – Enter the Shop ID.
- Name – Enter the Shop name.
- Start and End Date – Enter the start and end dates. If left as 00/00/00, SapphireOne will never de-activate the Shop. If a start date and end date is entered SapphireOne will only allow the Shop and the tills within it to remain active for the dates as entered.
- Company – SapphireOne will enter the company that the user is logged into when creating this Shop.
- Location – Enter the Shop location.
- Phone – Enter the Shop phone number.
- Docket Header – Text entered here will be printed on the header of all dockets for the particular Shop, no matter which till within the Shop is used to process the transaction.
- Docket Footer – Text entered here will be printed on the footer of all dockets for the particular Shop, no matter which till within the Shop is used to process the transaction.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line. The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
The new Shop must be saved by selecting the Green Tick icon before attempting to create any Tills.
How to Enter a Till
When the new Shop has been saved by selecting the Green Tick icon, the user may open the Shop Inquiry by highlighting the Shop from the list and double clicking or selecting the Modify icon in the main toolbar.
- Add or Delete Tills – To add or remove a new Till, select the or button.
- Till ID – Enter the Till ID.
- Name – Enter the Till Name.
- Cash Client – If a Till is only to be for a particular client, this client may be entered in the Cash Client Column, otherwise it may be left blank.
- Cash Bank and Other Bank – Associated General Ledger Bank accounts may be entered and linked here. The user may enter the ‘@’ ‘?’ wildcard symbols to display all G/L Bank accounts within SapphireOne.
- Select the Green Tick icon to save.