Arrivals functionality commonly provides a method to observe and audit your business or organisations inventory levels against existing orders. The SapphireOne Arrivals feature displays all orders that still have items to be delivered including those that are on Back Order. These columns may be sorted by clicking on the column headings. Shift Click will reverse the sort order.
This feature is located at Inventory > Purchases > Arrivals.
Data entry Procedure
- 100% Column – Selecting this column in an order tells SapphireOne that that all of the goods have been delivered over-riding the Back Order status for the selected OVI. The value of the order will be moved in to the Arrive value column. As may be seen for the highlighted item above the Arrive Value will now match the Order Value.
- Processing – When the Process button is selected SapphireOne will convert any 100% ticked OVI’s to PVI’s and then delete the original OVI’s from SapphireOne.
- PVI Creation – The user should be aware that this will be processed in the background and when the transaction list is examined after processing it here, only the new PVI will be displayed. The original OVI at no time will be displayed to the user while the OVI is being processed.
A number of columns also display dollar values and these are:
- Arrival Value: This is initially zero and when a percentage is entered in to either the 100% column or the partial arrival column ?% SapphireOne will calculate the arrival in a dollar amount.
- Order value: SapphireOne displays the order value including any tax.
- Order ex-tax: SapphireOne displays the order value without tax.
Setting the Quantities that are Arriving:
From the conversion screen the second transaction is highlighted and has been 100% ticked. Note that the full Order Value is entered into the Arrival Value column.
Now we will alter this selection by selecting the ?% column. SapphireOne will then display the order, OVI as seen in the screenshot below allowing the user to modify the Arrival quantity. We have arrived 500 which is 50% of the order
It should be noted that not all items within the OVI may be modified.
Normally the user will only alter the Arrival quantity although the Ordered quantity may be altered as well. Both the Date In and the Arrival dates may be altered by the user. This then establishes the OVI as still having some goods on backorder.
Once the Process button is selected SapphireOne will create a new PVI for the goods delivered and modify the OVI (with a new internal reference number), to the quantity outstanding setting the Back Order quantity to the same value as that still to be delivered.
- Process – Selecting the Process button from the screen above in all cases, SapphireOne will display the standard Conversion alert.
- Procedure – Once the Process button is selected SapphireOne will then proceed to process the marked records only.