Mail Book Overview
Keeping track of physical items being sent by mail or courier of some description requires some sort of tracking and it is usually a book. Typically, this is referred to as a Mail Book of some description and is used as a reference when needed for date of postage of letters and packages of all types.
This function is designed to replace that Mail Book and store these details within the data file.
Mail Book Area
- First enter a Title for this Mail Book entry.
- Next select from the radio buttons if it is Mail In or Mail Out being entered.
- If the checkbox is selected there will only be three types of users who will be allowed to view or modify the Mail book record. The User who created it, System administrators, and the Person it is To provided that they have a user log in to SapphireOne.
- Next enter in the Type of mail. This menu is user creatable. Enter in a word not in the list and you will be asked if you want to add it to the List. Command click and you will be asked if you want to remove the word.
It is at this point the new mail book record may be saved.
- The From and To data entry fields each have a drop down menu beside them. This selects the table that the From and To may be selected from. At present Clients, Vendors and Contacts are the only tables that the selection of From and To may be made.
- So first select the Table for the From data entry field that you want to make your selection from. We have then entered the @ symbol to do a search from the Client Table. A pop up is now displayed allowing us to select from a list of Clients in the data file.
- Next select the Table for the TO data entry field that you want to make your selection from. We then entered the @ symbol to do a search from the Vendor Table. A pop up seen to the right is now displayed allowing us to select from a list of Vendors in the data file.
- SapphireOne will enter today’s date but this may be altered if required.
- Some items have barcodes attached to the so if SapphireOne is correctly set up the bar code may be scanned in and entered here.
- If the button is selected, SapphireOne will attempt to send an email to the recipient. That is providing the recipients email address has been correctly entered into SapphireOne.
Once a selection has been made selecting either the To or From headings will tell SapphireOne to display a filtered list of just the Client or Vendor enabling Viewing of Modifying of the selected record.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
This area contains three tags.
As usual these are drop down menus that are user creatable. Enter in a new word not in the list and you will be asked if you want to add it to the List. Command click and you will be asked if you want to remove the word.
Notes about the mail book entry may be entered here.