Dashboards – Accounts General Ledger – Overview
The Dashboards function available from various locations within SapphireOne enables the user to view graphical reports using real time data from your SapphireOne data file.
When Dashboards is selected from the Accounts > General Ledger Menu a Select Dashboard menu will be displayed. SapphireOne has included five standard dashboards which are Income Accounts by class name, Income Accounts by ID, Expense Accounts by class name, Expense Accounts by ID and Income & Expense.
Users may also create a new custom Dashboard with near infinite scope by selecting New Dashboard from the Reports Palette . This facility is outlined later in the article.
Access to each of these Menu Items Dashboards may be granted both on a user by user basis, and also on a menu by menu basis. This is done by going to Utilities > Controls > User Access Inquiry > Menus Page.
Standard Dashboards – Accounts General Ledger
Income Accounts By Class Name
The Income Accounts by Class Name dashboard creates visual breakdown of the SapphireOne user’s sales revenue and will display your revenue income generated. Consequently, this functionality groups your data by a particular General Ledger class name. Accordingly, you may create a class name for your sales team to monitor specific general ledger, which could be, as an example, a particular set of inventory, or Job Project based, or specifically a Resource or Activity based for a particular department.
Income Accounts By ID
The SapphireOne Income Accounts by ID displays the income generated for your business or your organisation by a particular ID. For example, this may be a specific inventory classified by an ID such as Sales – Appliances. As a result, this interactive graph or chart will present your data from the particular time frame you select from the drop-down menu. For example, the user can select from the drop-down menu Year to date or Month to date.
This is an extremely valuable resource to see the breakdown of your sales revenue and income generated. Additionally, it also displays the breakdown as a percentage providing a strong visual interpretation. All your income accounts set up in the SapphireOne application are displayed via a colour scheme highlighting the various income accounts accordingly for ease of review.
Expense Accounts By Class Name
The SapphireOne user is able to review their expense accounts and display data by Class Name within the SapphireOne Dashboard. Your SapphireOne application also allows you to create an expense account/s that are specific to your company or your organisation. You may have customised your accounts and grouped them into specific categories or names within the Class inquiry. The SapphireOne user is able to group expenses into standard areas that are applicable to their business or organisation’s general ledger accounts or requirements. The SapphireOne user is able to collate their data and view it by class category. It will also display your Sales breakdown as a percentage.
Expense Accounts By ID
The Expense Accounts ID graph or chart will collate your data and display it in reference to a particular Inventory ID. This allows the SapphireOne user to view all categories of expenses and group them by their ID. You also have the ability to hover over a section of the pie graph or chart column, and view the amount and percentage breakdown of your expenses from the particular time frame you have selected. For example, this may be Year to date or Month to date. This also allows the SapphireOne user to visually see the breakdown and track the specific expenses within their ID’s.
Income & Expense
The Income & Expense chart displays your business and organisation’s Income and expenses side by side in one view. The income is blue and expense in red. This allows the SapphireOne user to analyse their data and compare their sales and costs in a visual chart. From the drop-down menu you can select This Year and it will show your Income and Expenses for each period.
Subsequently, the SapphireOne user is able to alter the chart or graph display by selecting an alternate option from the drop-down menu. You can then click the Redraw button, which will re-calculate the data and produce it in an updated chart for instant review. The SapphireOne user has the ability to save the graph. This is extremely beneficial for keeping records or for sharing with various departments, adding to presentations, etc.
Creating New User Dashboards
Users may create a new Dashboard by selecting New Dashboard from the Reports Palette. The new dashboard configured for the example to follow is displayed below.
The configurable parameters are as follows.
- Dashboard Type – The Dashboard type may be Graph, Pie, Line or Meter style.
- Title – The user may use any Title or name for the dashboard but it is the only item that may not be changed once the dashboard has been created and saved.
- Table – The table that the information is to be drawn from.
- X axis – selects the column from the table that is to be displayed. SapphireOne will select the first column but the user may select any column in the table.
- Column Radio Buttons – The user may elect to view from one to three columns of data for the Y axis. This again is data in another column.
- X & Y Axis selection and Label (Title) – For each column selected from the extensive list of provided variables, a name should be inserted.
- Position and Viewport Size Options – Position X & Y, Size X & Y are set by SapphireOne and may not be changed directly immediately. The size of the displayed dashboard when opened may be altered by selecting the lower left hand corner of the dashboard and dragging it to the size required. Once the dashboard is closed SapphireOne will remember the size when it is opened again.
- Redraw in X Minutes – This data entry field tells SapphireOne in minutes how often that the display is the updated with information in SapphireOne. (Default is to set it at every 10 minutes).
- Open Dashboard When User Login checkbox – When this option is selected, SapphireOne will immediately open this dashboard as soon as the user logs in. They will have to close it before commencing work.
- Record Query – If required a query may be made on the records. There is provision for up to six queries to be made enabling filtering of the data to be displayed in the dashboard.
If any dashboards are to be deleted first select the Reports Palette. Then hold down either the Command or control keys, and left mouse click on the dashboard to be deleted. An alert screen will be displayed seeking confirmation prior to deletion.
Once we save the Dashboard the Reports Palette now displays the new item as shown here.
- Creation of custom dashboards is read only and therefore has no impact on SapphireOne data. They are also only displayed on a per user basis.
- User created Dashboards may be modified by selecting the button in the lower right hand corner of the dashboard.
- The Dashboard Settings pop up will be redisplayed enabling modifications to be made.
- When the user right clicks anywhere within the graph will result in SapphireOne displaying an additional file management menu. This additional menu allows the user to Copy, Save As or to select any one of three display formats provided including , Truncated non-centred, Scaled to fit, Scaled to fit centred prop