Sapphire Web Pack POS Reconciliation is the internal due diligence of checking your Point of Sale records against all receipted payment types, and would typically be a mixture of cash and credit cards. This process is always conducted manually and it’s simply a matter of checking off each and every transaction against the corresponding credit card or cash amount ensuring there are no anomalies within the reconciled amounts.
Typically these will be performed at the end of day but in larger scale organisations, where you have a dedicated Point of Sale operator/team member this may be performed when they finish their roster/shift, and these rosters may happen throughout the day. The purpose of each Reconciliation is to ensure that all transactions balance for both accounts, money invoiced and money receipted.
The POS reconciliation screen comprises four sections.
- Transactions – The upper section displays all un-reconciled transactions. The basic details for each transaction is displayed on a line by line basis.
- Transaction Type Totals – The section below that on the left side of the screen contains totals for each type of transaction.
- Types – The transaction types are Card, Cash and any Cash taken out .
- Grand Totals – The section to the right is your grand totals. A float $ value is entered, and the SapphireOne will perform a calculation as to the cash that should be remaining in the till.
- Notes – The section at the bottom is for any notes that the operator enter, regarding this reconciliation.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
- Till Selection – If there is a single till in the POS function SapphireOne will immediately proceed to the reconciliation screen as seen above.
- Multiple Tills – If there are multiple tills, an alert will be displayed asking the user which till they wish to reconcile now.
- Selecting Transactions – By default everything is ticked. This will be indicated by SapphireOne when the right hand column has a + sign in it. The till should balance when the reconciliation function is initially accessed.
- Removing Transactions – If there any transactions that are not to be reconciled during this reconciliation process, click on these transactions once. The + symbol will be removed from the right hand column indicating that the transaction will not be reconciled at this point in time.
- Processing – When all is correct select the Process icon to complete the reconciliation process.
- Print Icon – When the Print icon is selected, SapphireOne will generate a pdf as seen below. The user then has the option of Saving the pdf or sending it to the printer.
- Printer Layout – The pdf layout has be designed so that it may be printed on the thermal rolls attached to POS tills.