Client Inquiry Web Pack Overview
Sapphire Web Pack Client Inquiry is the foundation for all revenue base with in your Sapphire Web Pack application. Once set up, the Client will be the repository for all transactions for that particular Client whether that be Inventory Transactions, Job Project Based Transactions or Account Transactions. All interactions will be monitored with the inbuilt Client Relationship Management (CRM) within the SapphireOne Client, and a complete history of all Transactions is stored for the life on the data file.
Sapphire Web Pack Client Inquiry has a total of five unique pages within the Client, as well as the Paperclip icon for Document Management and the Camera icon for Digital Assets. Each one of these pages has a very sophisticated interface relating to a particular heading of these five pages and the two icons.
First we have the Details page where we store the Client ID, Name, Address, ABN, Contact Details, Email, Notes, etc. On the Balances page we have a graphical view plus a list of all current, outstanding transactions. Sales Analysis provides a graphical interpretation of sales by product or service and an interactive ability to pick a date range. Sales displays all sales from Inventory and Job Projects mode, and it also has the ability to include history. Contacts is a complete list of all linked contacts to the client providing full Client Relationship Management (CRM). This function also allows you to select a Contact to modify contact details, as well as call or email directly, and add notes. Digital Assets provides unlimited digital asset storage. These may be PDFs, videos, photographs, JPEG, RAW, and HEIC any type of digital asset attached to your client. Documents (DMS) is a record of all attached documents to this client.
Client Inquiry is contained within the Inquiry mode of Sapphire Web Pack.
The Client Inquiry function within SapphireOne Web Pack displays a full list of Clients that have a master record within SapphireOne. This is the same as the Client Inquiry with SapphireOne Client Server, which is the single repository for all master Client information.
When opening a Client Inquiry the user is displayed with a list of the basic details of each Client, including ID, Name and Address as well as the Telephone Number and Main Contact.
From here the user may create a New Client , Refresh the list or perform a Search for a Client or group of Client records. The View or Modify icon will not be displayed until the user selects or highlights a Client record as seen in the screenshot below.
From the Client screen a user is able to create a Client Receipt or view a list of recent Orders for the client. The user is also able to create new Quote Client Invoices (QCI), Order Client Invoices (OCI) and Sales Client Invoices (SCI) all from this single Client Inquiry screen.
Icons on the Client Inquiry Screen
- Data Entry Icons – These three icons allow the user to conduct other functions from within this Client inquiry function in the Web Pack. These three icons will be documented later in this article.
- Picture – When this picture icon is selected an alert will be displayed asking the user to select a Picture from their local machine.
- Document – When this document icon is selected an alert will be displayed allowing the user to either view existing documents attached to the client record, or select the add icon to add an additional document to the Client record.
- Cancel – Select the cancel icon which will cancel the current operation and return the user to the client inquiry screen.
- Save – Select the save icon to save the current procedure.
Create or Modify a Client Record
- To enter in a new Client record, select the New icon from the option menu. An alert will be displayed asking for a new Client ID and the Name of the Client. Once these details have been entered and the user has tabbed forward the Client data entry page will be displayed.
- To Modify or Look at an existing Client, select the Client from the list and select the Modify icon.
When first creating or Modifying a Client Inquiry the Details tab is the first page the user is presented with. This area displays information about the Client such as the Name, ABN, Area and Class.
- Name – The name of the Client will be entered here. The Client Name can be modified at any time.
- ABN – The Client Australian Business Number (ABN) will be entered here if required.
- Area – This data entry field is used for grouping clients for reporting purposes. For example, if you wished to group your clients by a rating system i.e 1-9 or A-E, you would use the Area field.
- Class – This data entry field is used to assign the Client to a Client Class. Client Classes are important as they may be used for a number of items. For example, you can organise your Clients into different classes such as Prospects (P), Inquiry (I), and Client (C) to distinguish and group.
- Rep – This data entry field is used to assign a particular sales representative to the Client. Sales Representatives are set up through the Inventory screen. This is also important as Sales Reps can be limited to only viewing their own Clients. This is an optional field.
- Job Project – The Client may be linked to a Job Project if a Job Project ID is entered into the data entry field. Job Projects are set up in the Job Project Inquiry screen. This is an optional field.
- Phone – The Client Contact number is entered here.
- Fax – The Client Fax Number is entered here.
- Email – The Client email is entered here.
- URL – The Client URL is entered here.
- Postal – Both the Postal Address and the Physical Addresses are hyperlinked fields. When the hyperlink icon is selected next to the address, the default browser in the local machine will access Google maps and display the location on their mapping system.
- Physical – Both the Postal Address and the Physical Addresses are hyperlinked fields. When the hyperlink icon is selected next to the address, the default browser in the local machine will access Google maps and display the location on their mapping system.
- Notes – Any notes relating to the Client can be added here. The user can select the Blue clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
The Balances tab displays current aged balances for the Client. These are displayed as seen above and show 30 through to 90 day balances as well as current.
Sales Analysis Tab
The Sales Tab page displays all current transactions for the selected Client. It will display all current Quotes (QCI) Orders (OCI) and Sales (SCI).
Once a transaction is highlighted the Modify and Email Invoice buttons will become active allowing Modification or Emailing of the selected transaction. Users may also create new Client Quotes (QCI), Client Orders (OCI) and Client Sales (SCI).
Selecting the Contacts tab displays a list of contacts for the selected Client. New Contacts may be added by selecting the button. The pop up seen below will be displayed enabling the entry of details for the new contact.
Selecting a contact will prompt SapphireOne to display a pop up enabling notes to be add to the selected contact as seen below.
The Pictures Area allows the user to attach unlimited media to any major table record in SapphireOne. Selecting the Pictures Icon will display a list of digital assets currently in the data file and allows the user to attach pictures and digital assets to the clients master record. To add a picture simply select the icon.
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Client Inquiry Data Entry
The following three icons perform a number of tasks. These icons are outlined as follows.
Select the Receipt icon to create a Receipt for the Client. SapphireOne will display a window ready to receive the required details for the receipt.
The Client ID, Date In and Type are all drawn from the Clients master file as is the Paid To Bank Account. Once the total is entered select the tick to complete processing the receipt.
When the Order List icon is selected SapphireOne will display a list of recent orders from the selected client as seen below.
When an order is selected from the list, SapphireOne will display the order details as seen below.
From here the user has a number of options when using the green icons at the bottom of the window.
- Email – When the Email icon is selected SapphireOne will attempt to send the order as an attachment to an email to the Client.
- Picking Slip – When the Picking Slip icon is selected SapphireOne will create an adobe acrobat Picking Slip which may be filed or printed immediately.
- PDF – When the PDF icon is selected SapphireOne will create a ppf of the tax Invoice for the Order which may be filed or printed immediately.
- Modify – The Modify icon is not used here.
When the Sales icon is selected an alert with three options will be displayed. From this screen the user is able to create new Quote Client Invoice (QCI), Order Client Invoice (OCI) or Sale Client Invoice (SCI). The procedure for entering data in all screens is identical.
When one of the three icons above is selected, SapphireOne will display an alert asking the user to select an Inventory item for this Invoice. If there are any alerts for this client in place, they will be displayed after the user selects an Inventory item. For all of these transactions the screen below is the same using the same alerts and procedures.
Once the user has selected an inventory Item for this Invoice, a screen will be displayed as seen below. The basic details for the Client are displayed, as well as details for the inventory item that was selected.
Client Based Icons
There are two groups of icons on this Quote screen and each of these perform the following functions.
- Document – When the Document icon is selected SapphireOne will display the local machines search function allowing the user to attach a document to this quote if required.
- Payment – When the Payment icon is selected SapphireOne will display the Payment form allowing the user to directly enter the amount into the selected type of payment as seen below.
- Delivery – When the Delivery icon is selected SapphireOne will display the delivery form. This will allow the user to check and if necessary alter the Delivery Address for the Sales transaction.
- Signature – When a signature is required the user may select the Signature icon. SapphireOne will display a form allowing a user to enter in a signature for the sales Transaction.
- Add Line – When the icon is selected SapphireOne will add an additional empty line to the transaction ready for the entry of a new line.
- Info – When this More Info icon is selected SapphireOne will display an alert with additional information for the selected Inventory item as seen below.
Lines in all sales transactions may be entered in two ways.
- Direct Entry – In the SKU or ID area enter the ID of the inventory lines required. This data entry field has a light blue background which indicates that wildcard entry and selection of inventory items is allowed for.
- Selection Icons – Use one or more of the 4 icons documented below.
- Favorite – When the Favorites Icon is selected SapphireOne will display a list of the most commonly ordered Inventory items for the Client. When an Inventory Line is selected, SapphireOne will place an x in the right hand column. When you have made your selections, select the button to load the items into the transaction.
- Copy Lines from past Invoice – when this button is selected SapphireOne will display a list of past invoices for the client. When one of these invoices is double clicked on the lines will be imported into the current transaction.
- Drop Lines From File – When this icon is selected SapphireOne will open the local machines search for a file function. And what is the format of the file
- Discount – When the is selected SapphireOne will display a screen where a discount may be applied to this transaction. Enter the discount as a percentage or as a dollar amount.