Depreciation Company Journal Overview
The SapphireOne Depreciation Company Journal (DCO) allows the user to choose a custom depreciation tax rate. A depreciation tax is a deduction claimed for the degradation over time of an income-producing asset.
The SapphireOne Depreciation Company Journal function allows the user to enter in a particular depreciation value as an alternative to using the SapphireOne Auto Function. It should be noted that these types of transactions in SapphireOne have a type of DCO.
This function is located by going to Assets > Assets > Depreciation Company Journal.
The only requirement for data entry in this area is to enter the ID of the item that is to have this Depreciation Company Journal created for it. SapphireOne will then display the name of the asset immediately below the ID.
Additional information on the item may be viewed by selecting one of the four tabs in the tab area. These tabs display as follows.
- Transactions – Lists all depreciation transactions that have been created for this item.
- General Ledger – Displays the General Ledger accounts that are linked to this item.
- Asset – Displays basic details about the item.
- Controls – Displays additional details about the item.
Any notes that are required may be entered in this area. The user can select the Green Clock Icon to add a Time and Date stamp to the Notes. The user also has the ability to highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to their preference.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
- Date – SapphireOne will enter in today’s date which may be altered by the user if required.
- Tag – A tag may be entered by the user. This list of tags may be created by the user as required.
- Int Ref – SapphireOne will enter in an Internal Reference number. This may be altered by the user if required.
- Ext Ref – The entry of an External Reference number may be entered but it is not compulsory.
- Period – SapphireOne will enter in the current period but this may be altered if required.
- Method – SapphireOne will enter the DCO type automatically.
- Projects – If a Project is entered here and depreciation is run, it will then be linked to the Depreciation Expense Account.
- Purchase Cost – The purchase cost of the item will be displayed here.
- Depreciation TTD – The Total amount of depreciation up to today is displayed here.
- Available Depreciation – The amount that is still available for depreciation is displayed here.
- Depreciation Amount – This is a user entered data entry field. Enter the amount that you wish to depreciate the item in this data entry field. The maximum amount will be determined by the Available Depreciation in the data field immediately above.
- Saving – Once all data entry is correct select the save icon on the main toolbar.