Dashboards – Accounts Receivables – Overview
The Dashboards function available from various locations within SapphireOne enables the user to view graphical reports using real time data from your SapphireOne data file.
When Dashboards is selected from the Accounts > Receivables Menu a Select Dashboard menu will be displayed. SapphireOne has included two standard dashboards which are Total Client Balance and Client Due.
Users may also create a new custom Dashboard with near infinite scope by selecting New Dashboard from the Reports Palette . This facility is outlined later in the article.
Access to each of these Menu Items Dashboards may be granted both on a user by user basis, and also on a menu by menu basis. This is done by going to Utilities > Controls > User Access Inquiry > Menus Page.
Standard Dashboards – Accounts Receivables
Total Client Balance
The SapphireOne user can create a dashboard displaying the Total Balance of a Client. SapphireOne user’s can select from two options, Year to date or Month to date from the drop-down menu. The SapphireOne user also has the ability to hover over the client that they wish to view the particular balance of. As a result, a tool tip will display the current balance for the client or the balance for that particular time period. It will also display the period the user has selected such as Sum of client balances breakdown by Current, 30, 60, and 90+ days, etc.
The SapphireOne user can create a dashboard to view an overview of their Client Due balances. If there is an outstanding balance for a client’s account, this will be displayed in a graph or chart. The SapphireOne user can customise their graph or chart to display the particular data across various time periods such as Current, 30 days, 60 days and 90+ days. A Client Due dashboard is an extremely helpful resource in reviewing client balance data in a clear and concise visual interpretation. It also gives the SapphireOne user a clear overview of any remaining costs that need to be settled as well as the movement of funds outstanding.
Creating a New User Dashboard
Users may create a new Dashboard by selecting New Dashboard from the Reports Palette. The new dashboard configured for the example to follow is displayed below.
The configurable parameters are as follows.
- Dashboard Type – The Dashboard type may be Graph, Pie, Line or Meter style.
- Title – The user may use any Title or name for the dashboard but it is the only item that may not be changed once the dashboard has been created and saved.
- Table – The table that the information is to be drawn from.
- X axis – selects the column from the table that is to be displayed. SapphireOne will select the first column but the user may select any column in the table.
- Column Radio Buttons – The user may elect to view from one to three columns of data for the Y axis. This again is data in another column.
- X & Y Axis selection and Label (Title) – For each column selected from the extensive list of provided variables, a name should be inserted.
- Position and Viewport Size Options – Position X & Y, Size X & Y are set by SapphireOne and may not be changed directly immediately. The size of the displayed dashboard when opened may be altered by selecting the lower left hand corner of the dashboard and dragging it to the size required. Once the dashboard is closed SapphireOne will remember the size when it is opened again.
- Redraw in X Minutes – This data entry field tells SapphireOne in minutes how often that the display is the updated with information in SapphireOne. (Default is to set it at every 10 minutes).
- Open Dashboard When User Login checkbox – When this option is selected, SapphireOne will immediately open this dashboard as soon as the user logs in. They will have to close it before commencing work.
- Record Query – If required a query may be made on the records. There is provision for up to six queries to be made enabling filtering of the data to be displayed in the dashboard.
If any dashboards are to be deleted first select the Reports Palette. Then hold down either the Command or control keys, and left mouse click on the dashboard to be deleted. An alert screen will be displayed seeking confirmation prior to deletion.
Once we save the Dashboard the Reports Palette now displays the new item as shown here.
- Creation of custom dashboards is read only and therefore has no impact on SapphireOne data. They are also only displayed on a per user basis.
- User created Dashboards may be modified by selecting the button in the lower right hand corner of the dashboard.
- The Dashboard Settings pop up will be redisplayed enabling modifications to be made.
- When the user right clicks anywhere within the graph will result in SapphireOne displaying an additional file management menu. This additional menu allows the user to Copy, Save As or to select any one of three display formats provided including , Truncated non-centred, Scaled to fit, Scaled to fit centred prop
You can review our Blog and YouTube channel for additional information and resources on SapphireOne ERP, CRM and Business Accounting software.