User Access Overview
The User Access Inquiry function within SapphireOne Utilities Mode enables the user to manage user access and permissions to all areas of SapphireOne.
The viewing and modification of SapphireOne users is company specific. Only the users within the company data file that a user is currently logged into, will be displayed for viewing or modification. To view or modify all users in all companies at the same time, the user will need to be logged in as a Master User.
A user is considered to be a Master User when no Company ID is inserted into the Company ID data entry field in their User Access file. They then have access to all companies from a single User login with certain provisos. SapphireOne will not allow this Master User to enter any financial data while logged in.
By default, when a new user is set up the SapphireOne Admin checkbox is not selected. Any users that are to be System Administrators will have to have this checkbox specifically selected. Generally any user set up as a System Administrator does not normally enter data into SapphireOne, and are there to supervise and manage SapphireOne. SapphireOne recommends having minimum two users set up as System Administrators within a company data file.
The User Access function also allows the user to create new Users by selecting the New button on the SapphireOne toolbar.
Any new users created will have access to all tools and no Menu items. This is the most common misunderstanding made when setting up new users that do not have administrator access to SapphireOne. Menu items must be selected from the Menus page.
Any user that has been denied access to SapphireOne will not normally be displayed in the list of users. By navigating to the Sapphire Tools menu and selecting ‘Include Inactive’ option, the user will be able to include all users setup on SapphireOne and re-enable their access if required.
The user is also able to clone a user by selecting the SapphireOne Tools icon from the Inquiry screen. This function will enable the user to set up users exactly the same access rights quickly and easily, including their password which must be immediately altered.
The Details Page is the first page of a User Access Inquiry, and provides broad controls over what the user is granted to access within SapphireOne. The Details Page is the general control screen where users may be set up with the appropriate access rights to all areas of the SapphireOne program.
Defaults for a New User
When a new user is created, SapphireOne will set their user file up with particular defaults as a best fit for a new user. Any user who is responsible for this should always check all options on every page here in the user’s Master Record and alter as required.
Please note that the only mode a new user is allowed to access by default is Financials.
The POS only check box is different in that when selected the user has access to POS only with extremely limited options and menus on screen. It will override all other selections made in this area (including the Financials, Assets and Payroll checkbox settings).
The SapphireOne Admin is left unchecked, and is only to be selected unless the user is to have System Admin privileges.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
- ID – Enter the User ID and User Name. This is used to login to SapphireOne.
- Preference – Select the users preference file. When a new user is created, the user will have the option of linking to any existing user preference file, or by entering a unique new ID SapphireOne will create a Preference file for you.
- Password – Enter the new users chosen password. By selecting the Deny Access checkbox, the user will be denied access to SapphireOne and will no longer appear in the list of users.
This is mainly used when the user would like to deny access to a user for a period of time. However, it is not possible to delete a user. If a user is no longer allowed access permanently, you would also select the Deny Access checkbox.
- Start/Finish – For each individual user a period of access may be granted. If the Start and Finish dates are left as zero, the period of access is unlimited. Entering in a specific Start and Finish date will only allow that user to access SapphireOne between those dates.
- Notes – The Notes area is where general comments or additional information about the user is kept.
- Picture 1 and Picture 2 – Picture 1 and Picture 2 allow two pictures to be inserted into the file.
Other Controls Area
- Usage Log – The Usage Log sets the level of data to be captured and recorded for this user. This information can be used to track movements made within the data file.
- Print Settings – The Print option controls the printing settings for this user.
- DP TCP/IP – This controls the direct printer of the user.
- Invoice Prefix – Anything inserted into this data field will cause SapphireOne to add a Prefix to any Invoices created by this user in this department.
- Suffix – Anything inserted into this data field will cause SapphireOne to add a Suffix to any Invoices created by this user in this department.
Sapphire Access Area
The SapphireOne Access Area allows broad access to certain modes with SapphireOne. Unless the user is a System Administrator, the check boxes selected will determine what is displayed in the mode dropdown menu. If the mode is displayed for the user, they may select and use that mode.
It is not possible to remove Management, Utilities and Workbook from the Mode dropdown menu.
By default, when setting up a new user access is allowed to Financials ONLY. To allow the user access to Assets and/or Payroll/HR as well, the appropriate checkboxes must be selected. Any mix is allowed from any individual modes, Financials, Assets or Payroll/HR.
Alternatively, access may be allowed to any one mode, not necessarily Financials.
POS Only Checkbox
The POS only check box is different in that when selected, the user has access to POS only with extremely limited options and menus on screen. It will override all other selections made in this area (the Financials, Assets and Payroll checkbox settings will be ignored).
This check box is provided so that a user may be easily setup with access to POS only. The POS only checkbox should be the only selection made in this area.
General Access Area
All of the check boxes within the General Access area are directly linked to the checkboxes on the second page of this User Access Inquiry – the Tools Page. The selections made in this area will allow for system wide restriction for a function, when the appropriate checkbox is not selected. For example, if the checkbox is not selected the user will not be permitted to create new items anywhere in SapphireOne. The associated checkbox in the Access area on the Tools Page is effectively disabled.
If a checkbox is selected here, then the associated checkbox in the Access area on the Tools Page becomes active and its state checked or unchecked is then read by SapphireOne.
For example, to allow the user to create new items the ‘New’ check box must be selected here first. This then activates the New checkbox in the Access Area on the Tools Page. The user must then go through all 12 of the Inquiry Control items from System through to Times and set the checkbox as required for each Inquiry. This allows for individual settings for all Inquiry screens.
Selecting these checkboxes will activate the associated checkboxes in the Access area on the Tools Page. SapphireOne will then use the state of the checkboxes there to either deny or allow access.
Please note that when creating a new user using this User Access Inquiry SapphireOne by default sets all of the checkboxes on the Tools Page active. This will lead the user into thinking that access is granted directly from this General Access area on this Page when it does not. Global denial or access for a Mode for a user is established here. Selection of checkboxes here then activates the associated checkbox on the Tools Page.
- New – Selecting the New checkbox will allow the user to create new records.
- Look – Selecting the Look checkbox will allow the user to look at or view existing records.
- Quick Report – Selecting the Quick Report checkbox allows the user to access Quick Reports from SapphireOne Options menu.
- Power Inquiry – When the Power Inquiry checkbox is selected SapphireOne will bring up the Find dialogue first for an Inquiry Screen.
- System Admin – By selecting the SapphireOne Admin checkbox you can give the user full access to all areas.
The SapphireOne Administrator has full access to all areas over riding all other selections made for the user. At least two users must have System Administrator access to SapphireOne.
- Double Click Modify – SapphireOne default when double clicking the mouse will cause SapphireOne to Look at what was selected. When this checkbox is selected it will default to Modify the highlighted item instead.
- Disable Global Search – Selecting the check box will prevent the user from performing a Global Search when using the search by text function.
- Disable Find Preference – When the find function is accessed SapphireOne will normally remember the last find selections made by a user and redisplay them. When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not do this.
- Modify – Selecting the Modify checkbox will tell SapphireOne not to remember the last Find option selected by the user. Selecting the checkbox will allow the user to modify existing records.
- Delete – Selecting the Delete checkbox will allow the user to delete records.
- Power Print – Selecting the Power Print checkbox allows the user to access the Report Selection Dialogue from the Print button in Inquiry Screens.
- Options Access – Selecting the Options Access checkbox will provide the user with access to custom functions within SapphireOne Tools.
- Ask For Page Setup – Selecting the Ask For Page Setup checkbox will cause SapphireOne to ask for a page setup before printing. Selecting this checkbox will now cause Sapphi reOne to display an additional button in the lower left-hand corner of any list screen, which allows the user to switch from the Standard Inquiry to a Custom Inquiry.
When using Terminal Services and logging in remotely to the server this checkbox must be selected to allow the print dialog pop up to be displayed. There appears to be an issue when logging in remotely so selecting this option then enables the printing or previewing of reports when logged in remotely.
SapphireOne has had a Standard Inquiry format for a number of years and this inquiry is hard wired into SapphireOne. This layout is altered from time to time as required. When the check box is not selected for the user the bottom of the list screen will have no buttons and the user is locked into using the Standard Inquiry list.
- Custom Inquiry – If the Custom Inquiry checkbox is selected for the user the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry’ button will be displayed in the lower left-hand corner of all of the list screens. This button is a toggle that enables the user to swap between viewing modes as required. Once in a Custom Inquiry SapphireOne will display the ‘Swap to Standard Inquiry’ button enabling the user to return to the Standard Inquiry display.
- Default Company – When a new user is being created, SapphireOne looks at the Company that has been entered against the user that is logged into and offers that company as the default company. If the user is logged into a specific company they are only allowed to view and modify users in that same company. SapphireOne will allow users logged into a company to create master users without a company set, however this is not recommended. Users logged in as Master Users may create users in any company.
- Default Department – There is an option to enter in a Department on the first page of either a Client or Vendor Inquiry. If a department is entered here for the user, the user will then only be allowed to view/modify Clients or Vendors that have the selected department entered. If no department is entered for any Client or Vendor the user will be allowed to view/modify them. This follows the rules set up for Inventory locations.
- Default Location – Entering a Location into the data entry point will cause SapphireOne to automatically add a location suffix where required, i.e. new Inventory items created by this user. This suffix will appear after the ~ tilde, e.g. AACUT~1. (NB. Location).
- Rules Level – The Rules Level option is directly linked to the Organisation Chart which is also linked to the Workflow Rules function further down the Controls drop-down menu. The Organisation Chart must be setup first before using this Rules Level function as the chart is displayed when the button is selected, enabling the user to select a level at which to place the user that is being set up here. To alter the level that a user is to be set up at, simply select the button and select another level.
To send emails, SapphireOne looks to three places in the following order:
- User Access Inquiry – here within. the User Access Inquiry. If an email address is entered for the logged in user, SapphireOne will use it for all single emails that SapphireOne generates for the logged in user, but not Batch emails.
- Company Inquiry – In a Company Inquiry, within the second More Details Page. If the user does not have any email details entered within the User Access Inquiry, SapphireOne will look here. There is provision for five email addresses here.
- System Controls – If SapphireOne is unable to capture email addresses from the User Access file or Company Inquiry, it will look to System Controls as a last resort.
For Batch emails, SapphireOne will only look to Company Inquiry and System Controls. It does not look within the User Access Inquiry.
If the ‘Use External Email Client’ check box is selected, SapphireOne will bypass SapphireOne email client and attempt to directly access an external Email client and send single emails. If the checkbox is not selected, SapphireOne will use the email client built into SapphireOne.
So, for each individual user an Email Address with a user name and password may be entered. When an email is sent from SapphireOne, SapphireOne looks for an email address to enter into the From field.
Then the normal Email Address, User Name and Password must be entered.
If the same email address is required for all users, leave the Email Area in this User Access Inquiry blank and enter the email addresses that all users are required to use into the second More Details Page of a Company Inquiry.
Select the Edit Signature box to add an automatic signature to the email. A signature may also be set up in the More Details page of a Company Inquiry.
Once the details have been entered the user may select the Send Test Email button to check that the email details as entered work correctly.
The Log Area keeps a detailed log of the date, time, user and any modifications made by the user within the User Access Inquiry.
More Details Page
The More Details Page is the second page of a User Access Inquiry, and provides more granular controls over what the end user is granted access to within SapphireOne. The More Details Page is the general control screen where users access and controls may be refined with the appropriate privileges to defined areas of SapphireOne.
- Restrict Alter Tax Code and Tax Rate – This checkbox disables the users ability to alter the tax code or tax rate.
- Post on Right Click – When this checkbox is selected the user will be enabled to right mouse click on a transaction within Transaction Inquiry, and will be presented with a drop down which is Modify, Look and Post.
- Post from Tools – When the Tools drop down is selected, the user will be able to select the process, and contained within process is Post Transactions. It is advisable before using this tool to select a subset of records using the options menu show subset, alternatively the keyboard command ‘Command G’ for MacOS and ‘Ctrl G’ for Windows. Once you have your subset ‘Command A’, which is Select All on MacOS or ‘Ctrl A’ on Windows, or use the menu drop down options Select All, right mouse click and there you will be able to go to Tools, Process and Post Transactions.
- Toggle Do Not Ship – When this checkbox is selected the do not ship checkbox will be selected on any transactions that this user creates.
- Prefill Credit Card Information On Sales – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will prefill credit card information on any sales.
- Restrict Modify Client Class – This checkbox disables the users ability to modify or change the client class.
Sales Rep Area
- Rep ID – This data entry field is only a link to the Sales rep inquiry screen, so any sales rep in SapphireOne may be linked to it. This then acts as a filter so that when the user is allowed access to this screen, they will only have access to the Sales Persons record as entered here.
- Restricted Client Through Rep – If this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will place restrictions on a Sales Rep so that they can only enter or modify OCIs or SCIs if they are listed as the assigned rep. SapphireOne will also look at the clients CL_Addresses to see if they are listed there as the rep. I.e. if they are not listed as a rep for the Client, but they are listed for a branch, then they can still enter orders for that Client. This will eliminate the possibility of the wrong rep being accidentally entered.
- While it is not necessary for the Sales Rep to have either a User file, or an Employee record in Payroll, they would normally be an employee and that employee would have a user file. The User ID, Employee ID and the Sales Rep ID may then be the same to keep it simple.
- A Sales Rep is created by going to: Inventory > Sales > Sales People Inquiry.
- Once this user opens up their Sales Persons record they are able to view and print any commissions that they may have earned by selecting the icon on the main toolbar.
- Note that access to this Sales Person Inquiry will have to be granted to the user, in the Menus page by Selecting the required option in the list of inquiries.
- Hide Costs From User – Selecting this checkbox will prevent users seeing costs associated with Inventory Items.
- Show GP on SCI/OCI – Selecting this checkbox will allow users to view the Gross Profit (GP) on SCI’s and OCI’s. De-selecting it will restrict the viewing of GP figures.
Action Access Area
- Default Tag in Calendar – This controls the users view to limit the calendars functions that are available to that user when using the calendar function. Once a Tag has been selected here the user, once provided access to the calendar, will only be able to view items in the calendar that have the same tag as set here.
Sapphire Webpack Access Area
- Client ID – This field is linked to the pre-order function in a Client Inquiry. This enables a Client to be set up as a user from the Sapphire Webpack. The Clients ID would be entered here and their access would be limited to the Pre-ordering function and tracking notes.
- Resource – A user may also be linked to a resource when projects are set up in SapphireOne.
- Restricted Resources – This checkbox controls the users resources to limit the functions that are available to that user when using resources.
Payroll Control Area
- Department – All employees may be assigned to an employee department. If for example, you have a user with Payroll access but you only want them to access employee records in a particular department, you would enter in the specific employee Payroll Department here. They would then only be able to view or modify the employees assigned to that employee Payroll Department.
- Class – If a Class is entered the user would only be able to view or modify employees in this defined class.
- Employee – You may limit access for a user to a single employee so the user has access to this end users details only.
This Payroll Employee data entry field is also linked to the Leave Request function which is only available on the Pallet menu. The employees will only be able to create, modify or view their own leave. They will have no access to other employees details of any type.
New Actions Area
- Copy Details to Title – When creating a new action, this value will automatically be added to the title.
- Default Time in Minutes – Will default the new action to exact minutes.
- Type – This will define the default type for that user.
- Action – This will define the default action for that user.
Phone System Area
- Physical Phone IP address – This area is linked to the Splicecom phone system if optionally installed, and enables a separate IP address to be set up for each individual user.
Point of Sale Area
- Till – If entered here a specific till may be assigned to each user. SapphireOne will then use this till as the default when the user processes POS transactions. This may be overridden if required.
- Restricted Transaction Through Till – If this checkbox is selected the user will only be allowed to view transactions that have been processed by the till as entered immediately above it.
- Default Printer – The user may also establish a default printer. Commonly, the printer would be a docket printer set up specifically for POS transactions although any printer may be selected. This will help in reducing the error of printing POS transactions to an inappropriate printer.
- Picker – This option will allow the user to be assigned as a picker on the SapphireOne Market Webpack.
Dashboard Splash Area
- Show Dashboard Splash when login – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will display any dashboards selected from the drop-down menus when the user logs in to SapphireOne.
The Tools Page is the third page of a User Access Inquiry, and provides complete control over the access that the end user has to the Inquiry Screens.
In this Tools Page, by default everything is selected when a new user is created. SapphireOne will then allow access to all tools. The user may then de-select, the items that they do not want the end user to have access to. The user can reverse this procedure by selecting the button to unmark all items globally or the button to unmark items in the currently displayed list. It’s important to note that the unmark button will have to be used on all items. The user will then have to select the options that the end user is allowed to access.
Enquiry Control Area
- Select group – SapphireOne is a large-scale ERP that is separated into eight modes. Within each mode there are an extensive array of functions. As such, to manage this feature, as each item on the menu is selected only the tools that are applicable will be displayed in the Tools list. The user should be aware that a number of tools are common to a number of items. By linking each item to the selection of tools, an items tool may for example, be allowed for a user when using a Client Inquiry but not when using a Vendor inquiry.
For a new user all tools are selected by default. The selections made controls what tools will be available in the SapphireOne Tools dropdown menu. Individual items may be selected with a Tick symbol (MacOS) or a + symbol (Windows). The items that are selected will be the only options displayed in the Tools dropdown menu for the user. Some tools are not listed and access to these tools is always allowed.
Pages Hide Column
By default, all new uses have full access to all pages with all functions. They can both look at and modify all pages in SapphireOne. To limit access to a page, that page item may be added to this list by the selection of the button. Please note the spelling of the page must be exact or else it will not function.
Once a New Page Menu item has been entered into this column it may be selected allowing both read and write access, or not selected, disabling the end users write privilege to the page.
If the Page is not listed then SapphireOne assumes user access is allowed.
Pages Modify Column
This column is only populated when a Client or Vendor inquiry is accessed from the dropdown menu as the column has only been set up for these two functions.
Restricting write access to these two functions is the most common utilisation of this function. The function operates in exactly the same way as the Page Column except that the pages have already been entered into the list.
Select to allow read write privileges un-select to deny the write privilege.
Clients and Vendors are the only items on the drop-down menu that utilise the Pages Modify column. The Tools and Pages columns operate in exactly the same way as SapphireOne.
SapphireOne will, by default select all available checkboxes to allow access to all Sapphire Options. The user may de-select the checkboxes to restrict access as required. It’s important to note however that these will only function if the associated checkbox has been selected in the General Access area on the Details Page of a User Inquiry.
The Menu Page is the fourth page of a User Access Inquiry, The Menu page lists all menus that the user is permitted to access within SapphireOne.
- Mode – Filter the results by mode.
- Type – Filter the results by type.
- Mark All – Select the menus not allowed.
- Un-mark All – Select the menus that are allowed.
The user will see a list with headings as seen below and these are documented briefly in the table below.
|Type||This column indicates what type of menu it is.|
|Mode||This column indicates what Mode the menu item is in from Accounts through to Workbook.|
|Menu||This column indicates what Drop-down menu it is from the main tool bar.|
|Item||This column indicates what Item it is on drop-down menu it is from the main tool bar.|
|Keyword||A keyword is unique to each function within SapphireOne. For example a Client inquiry is available from both Accounts and Inventory Modes. It is listed once in this menu page for a user under the Accounts Mode. If it is not selected it will be unavailable for this user no matter where they are trying to access a Client Inquiry from within SapphireOne.|
These lists of menus may be sorted by clicking on the headings to Sort Ascending or Clicking again to Sort Descending.
Setting permissions for a user
The default setting for a new user is all items de-selected. Therefore in this Menu screen by default they are not permitted to access a single menu item. Placing a tick (MacOS) or a + (Windows) beside an item will allow the user to access that menu item.
SapphireOne by default groups these together to a certain extent and allows the control of which menus may be accessed by marking them. This is also where you may select user restrictions to seeing Payroll/HR or Asset transactions/details by not selecting these menus.
If a end user has not been granted access to a particular function that menu item will be disabled (greyed out), indicating that access has been denied.
User Restrictions Payroll/HR and Assets
As mentioned, you may prevent users from making Inquiries in any other modes within SapphireOne. The first thing to check when setting this new user up is to ensure that the SapphireOne Admin check box has not been selected.
The Sapphire Access area in a User Inquiry provides a broad means of preventing an end user from making any Inquiries within these modes.
By only selecting Accounts from the SapphireOne Access area, the main Mode menu is altered.
While these users are unable to access other modes, transactions for these modes may be listed in Accounts mode. A Vendor Inquiry which is accessible from Accounts for example may display superannuation Vendors that relate to superannuation. SapphireOne must be able to identify these Vendors and their associated transactions that are related to SapphireOne’s Payroll/HR Superannuation.
When you are creating Vendors for the payment of superannuation for example they must be created and linked to a Vendor Class of SUPER. SapphireOne is then able to flag these Vendors and also their associated transactions as Superannuation Transactions. SapphireOne can then filter these Vendors and their related transactions, specifically from users. Most of this specific filtering is done in the Menus Page for each individual end user.
Any user that is allowed access to Payroll/HR mode will be able to view and create these Payroll/HR based transaction’s.
Human Resources user
This should also be selected with the Payroll/HR option as it allows the user to modify working transactions in relation to the entering of all types of leave. A user with just Payroll/HR selected is not allowed to enter in any type of leave into working transactions when preparing a pay run.
All new Payroll/HR menus, when first created will be blank. Nothing will be selected by default.
Selecting the Super Vendor item will tell SapphireOne not to display any Vendors that are linked to a class of SUPER.
The other super items will prevent SapphireOne from displaying any superannuation related transactions from being displayed in any transaction lists in Accounts or Inventory modes.
Example to explain how SapphireOne Payroll/HR Superannuation works
Suppose we selected the check boxes below for a user and selected the Payroll/HR check box. Both Accounts, Inventory and Payroll/HR would be displayed on the Mode drop-down menu. We then went in to the menus page and made certain that not a single item was selected. They would be able to select the two modes Assets and Payroll/HR but every single menu item would be disabled and unusable.
However, we want a user to be able to access Vendor Superannuation transactions. To do this we would then go to the Menus Page in a user access inquiry and select the Super Vendor item mentioned above.
This will become apparent when using Workbook mode and attempting to restrict user access. In particular a Vendor Inquiry.
When a user is in workbook mode the user should de-select other Mode options in the user details page when establishing that user.
The Log Page is the fourth page of a User Access Inquiry, The Log page keeps a log file for each user listed on SapphireOne. Any operations performed by each individual user are logged here.
Password failure Log Area
This area keeps a time/date of all failed login attempts.
User Log Area
- Search – Run a query to filter all available results as required.
- Export Log – Open the results in CSV format for editing within your preferred spreadsheet application.
Sapphire Webpack Access Page
The Sapphire Webpack Access Page is the fourth page of a User Access Inquiry, The Sapphire Webpack Access page provides granular control over access to features within Sapphire Webpack.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Please note that when creating a new record in SapphireOne, you are unable to attach a document until the record has an entered ID.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local computer or device).
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local computer, device or network).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer or device.
The Title and Type of the document are displayed in the Details Area.
Last Modified Area
The documents area keeps a record of the Time and Date of when the document was last modified in addition to who initially added it.
Digital Access Page
The Digital Assets Page allows the user to attach unlimited media to any major table record in SapphireOne.
Selecting the Digital Assets option from the Page menu within a major table record will display a list of digital assets currently in the data file.
This screen and all ensuing screens will overlay any current screen displayed in your major table. The feature allows you to attach digital assets to your master record.
- To add a picture simply select the button.
- To delete a picture select the button.
Please note that adding digital assets can account for additional increase in your data file size.