Un-Allocating Un-Posed Transactions and Invoices Overview
It is recommended to always allocate payments to the corresponding invoices so that they fall in line with how your Vendors and Clients have allocated their invoices and payments. Any transactions that are posted may not be modified, so the only option is to bring them back to current and use the Reverse Transaction tool.
However, any un-posted transactions that have had allocations made against them will have to have their allocations removed before they can be altered or deleted. The user should note that once a transaction is fully allocated, SapphireOne will move them to history so they will not be displayed as current transactions, even though they remain un-posted.
The procedure is fairly simple but what is important to remember is that if the record is in History, you will need to retrieve it into Current before you are able to change the allocation. For transactions that are still current the retrieval from history part may be skipped, and the un-allocation procedure documented in this article used immediately.
Bringing the Payment and the Invoice(s) back to current
Please read the Specific Procedures outlined in the Retrieve to Current article, on how to retrieve transactions back to current as it has extended documentation on the retrieval function. The basic details are documented below.
- Go to Accounts, Inventory, or Payroll > History > Transactions.
- While the historical list is on screen, there are a number of searches that may be made while the options menu is selected. From very basic find functions to very detailed queries which may be setup when searching for the cheques or payments that are to have their allocations removed.
- To refine the search the user may use Invoice Numbers, Dates and Sequence Numbers etc.
- An initial search to narrow down the list may be used at first, then if necessary a Detailed Query may be used while configuring the query to only search the records that are currently in the list on screen.
- Select/highlight the transactions that are to be retrieved and then go to the Tools Button, and select Retrieve to Current item from the drop down menu.
- Remember you will have to retrieve both the Cheques or EFT payments and their respective Invoices back to current.
- The user would be well advised to note down some details of the transactions that are being retrieved. Client/Vendor ID’s, Sequence numbers etc. so that they may be identified when the Un-Allocation procedure is run. Sequence numbers are probably the best identifier to use.
You will have now brought the required transaction/s to the current period from History.