Show Reports Overview
The Show Reports function within SapphireOne Management Mode allows users to create various report styles for different purposes. These include custom recurring reports such as Sales by Client, Sales by Client Class, Sales by Item, Sales by Item Class, Sales by Project Class, Sales by Rep, and more.
Creating reports is a straightforward process involving selecting options from standard drop-down menus. After selecting the desired options, users can choose the date range or period to be covered by the report. All generated reports can be exported as a CSV file and opened in external spreadsheet programs. Additionally, there is a Matrix report format available that displays reports in a matrix style format.
All reports may be Date driven or Period driven by selecting the Use Period Button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Range – The range is by default set using the button in the lower left hand corner of the screen. The default is by date with the date options as seen to the right. The default date option is This month to Date with other options as seen to th
- From and To Dates – For a date driven report the two data entry fields require a date input while for a period driven report they require the entry of a number which is a period. Both are seen in the screenshots to the right. Note that the date option has both From and To underlined so they have a convenient pop up calendar to pick dates from.
- Depart – Select All departments or select any Department in the company. Selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Sort – The sorting of each item as it will appear in the report. It should be noted that the small [>] button just the right of the sort drop-down menu is used to invert the sort. It acts as a toggle reversing the sort order. Selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Display Column By – This option selects what data is included with each column. Total and Rep display correctly with date driven reports and period data displays with the period driven reports.
- Recalculate Button – Every time a change is made to the report, the Recalculate Button must be selected so that SapphireOne can re-calculate the report. Any changes are displayed immediately in the report area.
- Display Quantity or Dollar Values – In some reports, the Use Qty and Use $ buttons will be displayed allowing for selection of either quantities or dollar values in the report.
- Radio Buttons – These radio buttons operate in pairs. The report my be generated using Orders or Sales, and by Date In or the Delivery Date by selection of the appropriate radio button.
- Query Button – When the requirement is for a limited report, for example only the one client, a detailed query may be performed for the client by selecting the Query button. This causes SapphireOne to display the detailed query pop up enabling the user to query for any item in SapphireOne
- Use Period Button – By selecting the Use Period button the report will be altered to a period drive report the options are as seen to the right. The default period is This Financial Year. The Use Date button has now altered so select it again to go back to a date driven report.
- Export and Printing Buttons – Once the report is ready the user may select the Export button to export the report as a csv file which may be viewed by any spreadsheet program. If immediate printing is required just select the Print button ant the report will be printed.
When any alterations or changes are made to reports the Recalculate button must be selected each time to re-calculate the report and display the new details.