Master Defaults Overview
The Master Defaults menu, found in the Utilities Mode under the Controls Tab, allows users to access their companies master defaults within their data file. The user is provided with checkboxes and data entry fields for configuring and setting the Sapphire Master Default functions for your data file.
The user will also find that there is a System Controls item also within the Controls menu, that is different to the Master Defaults menu item documented in this article. We advise that this article should be read prior to this article.
Within the Master Defaults function, there are currently 17 different pages that provide the user with a comprehensive range of master default functions for the control and management of processes within your data file. These pages are as follows:
The selections made in the SapphireOne below, affect all areas of SapphireOne. The functionality of each page is documented on a page by page basis.
System, Clients, Clients Credit, Vendors, Job Projects, Inventory, Inventory 2, Invoices, Point of Sale, Payroll/HR, Custom, Work Book, Assets, API, Colours, Web Pack and Web Store.
All Master Default settings are common across all companies within the data file. However, there are three exceptions to this and these are listed below. A user will have to log in to each company in the data file and check these particular settings.
The three settings that are not common across Master Defaults in all companies are:
- Both the Client and Vendor Tax Codes. (Client and Vendor Pages).
- The default Location. (Inventory Page).
- The Master Billing Lookup area. (Job Projects Page).
To access the Master Defaults function go to:
Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults
System Page Master Defaults
General Defaults area
- Power Print – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne displays a Report dialog when you select Print from the Inquiry Screens. This allows the user to select the type of Report required before going to print.
- Report Design – Selecting this checkbox allows report creation to be accessed by the user from Inquiry Screens.
- Display in Enter FX – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will display transactions in the Local currency value after conversion from the foreign currency value.
- Disable Tab – When this checkbox is selected the Tabs in the Information area in Transaction screens will be disabled and will not display any data. When selected this will make the data screens faster to update.
- New Inquiry Layout – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will use the new custom Inquiry Layout instead of the legacy Inquiry Layout.
Data Entry Section
- Allocation – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will automatically display the Allocation Screen immediately after the entry of any receipts or payments. For additional documentation on Allocations click here.
- No Transaction Alerts – This checkbox turns off all on screen error messages in transaction entry. SapphireOne still keeps the data checking active.
- Keep Last Tab – When this checkbox is selected it will override SapphireOne from automatically selecting the default Information Tabs in Data-Entry Screens and will instead remain at the last Information Tab selected by the user.
- Period Date Driven – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will enter the period based on the Date In on new records. (Default is the period that the data file is currently in which ignores the date in).
- FX Calculate Based on Total – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will allow the user, when creating a CR, to round the Local Total Amount. While this will make only a very minor adjustment to the FX rate it will stop the generation of CI’s with fractional amounts of Cents or Yen.
- FX Based on Date In – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will apply the FX rate to Transactions with FX in them based on the Date entered in the transaction and the FX rate in SapphireOne on that same day.
- Date Due on Invoice Date Sales – When this option is checked SapphireOne will apply the terms for due date based on the date in. If it is not ticked, SapphireOne will apply the terms based on the delivery date. Note that this option only applies to Inventory Sales mode and not accounts.
- Date Due on Invoice Date Purchases – When this option is ticked SapphireOne will apply the terms for due date based on the date in. If it is not ticked, SapphireOne will apply the terms based on the received date. Note that this option only applies to Inventory Purchases mode and not Accounts.
- Allow Invoices to Bank Account – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will allow the entry of invoices to a General Ledger account that has been flagged as a bank account. Note that this should only be used under instruction by your accountant.
- Days Warning – This data entry field is set in days and allows for a warning message to appear for dates over the set range.
- No Warning Date Alert – This checkbox disables the Days Warning function as documented just above.
- Display Dept – Not currently used.
- By Arrival /Delivery Date – When this checkbox is selected the Arrival/Delivery dates will drive Inventory mode instead of periods.
- Turn off local FX check – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to turn off SapphireOne checking function for the local currency. The local currency may then be entered at a different rate but please check with support staff before selecting this checkbox.
- Maximum Screen Height – By default SapphireOne will not display screens at the full height of the monitor’s available resolution. Selecting this check box will cause the screens to be opened at the maximum height available for the screen resolution.
- Tax Round – For tax purposes rounding may be set in on of three methods.
- Round – Default option and SapphireOne will round Down or Up, which ever is the closest.
- Down – Always round down.
- Up – Always round Up.
- Additional Validation Button – When this button is selected, SapphireOne will display an alert with a list of table items on it. The user selects the checkboxes as required when additional validation is required.
- Discount Client & Vendor – These two drop-down option boxes control how Line Based Prompt Discounts are to be individually calculated for both Clients and Vendors. There are three options available from the drop-down menus. Standard, Tax and No Tax.
- Audit Reports Required – When this checkbox is selected an audit trail will be printed when a transaction is posted.
- Ageing at Posting – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will automatically recalculate the Clients/Vendors ageing when posted instead of only via the Allocation Screen.
- Inter-Company Balancing – The selection of this checkbox will allow transactions to be split based upon department lines.
- Inter-Company Journals – Selection of this checkbox allows the balancing of Inter company journals.
- Pre-Posting Query – When selecting the Post transactions function, the Detailed Query Screen will be displayed, first enabling the selection of specific types of transactions.
- Print Audit Report Include Custom Field – When printing Audit Reports the selection of this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to include the Custom field as well in the report.
- Audit Line Split by Inventory Base – When creating Account transactions, split the lines based on the inventory item. By default SapphireOne when an Account transaction is created, will only inherit the inventory link. When this checkbox is selected the user will be able to reconcile individual inventory lines in the G/L asset account.
- Don’t Check for Additional Errors in Controller – When this checkbox is selected, When SapphireOne finds the first error in a transaction it will display it and not check for any additional errors in the transactions. This will speed up the error checking process.
- Don’t Recheck all Transactions Before Post Screen – Normally SapphireOne checks for any errors in the transactions before the posting screen is displayed. When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will not re-check all the transactions before displaying the posting screen
- Don’t Process When There Is An Error In The List – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will not process the list of transactions if there is an error in even a single transaction.
- Prevent Transactions Posting Into A future Period – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will not allow transactions to be posted in a future period.
- Use Inventory Mode Date In – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will copy the transactions Date In from Inventory mode rather than setting the Date In from Accounts mode.
- Departmental Sales – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will use the department as entered into the Client for sales and cogs accounts.
- Error If Location Is Defaulting To A Different Company – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will raise a DC error message. This will only occur if SapphireOne creates a transaction in a company other than the one you are currently logged into.
- Don’t Batch Standing Transactions – This is linked to the Batch email checkbox for Clients and Vendors. When this checkbox is selected in Master Defaults it will override the Batch Email checkbox for any transaction that have been raised using the Standing transaction function.
- Tags – may be attached to almost any type of transaction in the lower right-hand corner of the screens. These tag lists, with the exception of the SapphireOne pre-defined tags, are user definable.
Posting Section Creating Tags
You may also create a list of Tags here that will prevent SapphireOne from performing the functions as specified. The table that this Tag list is created in here, is not the same table that the Tag list is created in for transactions. I.e. The Tag list created by the user here will not populate the Tag list in the transactions themselves, or vice versa. So first create your Tag list words here for preventing SapphireOne from Posting or Converting Transactions, then select them in your Transactions.
SapphireOne when posting or converting transactions will then check this table here for any transactions that it is not allowed to post or convert, when it matches the Tag set in a transaction with a Tag entered here.
These two options enable a user to create a list of Tags that may be attached to transactions that will until altered within the transaction, prevent the Posting or Converting of these transactions. These may be created for either Accounts Mode, Preventing Posting, or Inventory/Job Projects Mode Preventing Either Posting or Converting transactions. These lists are not case sensitive but SapphireOne will parse for the exact word.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
General Ledger Area
- Tax – Entering a wildcard “@” or “?” in this data entry field will provide a list of options to select the default Tax Code for General Ledger accounts when they are being created. For SapphireOne this is an S.
- Direct Bank Entry –When this checkbox is selected it activates a cashbook facility in Accounts Mode.
- Bank Accounts Position – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will print the bank assets class within the current assets in accounts on the balance sheet.
- Display Notes On Use – Selecting this checkbox will allow any text entered into the Notes field in the General Ledger Account Inquiry screen to be displayed on screen in the form of an alert each time that G/L account code is entered on an Accounts Transaction.
- Departmental Balance Sheet – When this checkbox is selected the control accounts will be automatically split based on the settings in the expense account.
SapphireOne has aged reports. The headings for these aged reports are drawn form the entries as made here. By default the headings are set up as, 30 Days, 60 days and 90+Days. They should reflect the periods that are being used in the program. This will depend to certain degree on the way that you elect to Age your accounts. Three radio buttons provide the options upon which to age your statements.
- Batch Email As Default – When selected SapphireOne will override the user when the single email option is selected and instead send a batch email.
- Batch Email Use Company From Addresses – When selected, SapphireOne will by default use the email addresses as entered into a company Inquiry and not from any other area in SapphireOne.
- Use External Email Client – When selected SapphireOne will not use default email client in SapphireOne. It will use an external Email client which will have to be set up by the person pr company that manages your IT system.
User Login Area
Only one (or neither) of the two options provided here may be selected. This is enforced by the use of checkboxes.
- Auto Time Card Stamp – Selecting this option will cause SapphireOne to automatically display an alert when a user logs into SapphireOne. The user then has the option of selecting No or Yes and entering in a note. The user also has the option of going to the file menu as seen below and Time Card Stamping into SapphireOne.
- Time Card Stamp With Multiple User – If this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not automatically display the Time Card Stamp option as seen above when a user logs into SapphireOne. Instead the user will be able to go to the file menu as seen below from anywhere in SapphireOne, and select the Time Card Stamp option. SapphireOne will display the pop up as seen below allowing multiple users to use the Time Card Stamping function. They however must have a Valid ID and Password to use this function.
- User Connection Limit – If a number is entered here, SapphireOne will limit the number of users allowed to access SapphireOne at any one time.
- Two-Factor Authentication – When the ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ checkbox is ticked, SapphireOne activates Two-factor authentication (2FA) for the user’s account at the time of login. Upon enabling this checkbox, a confirmation alert will be displayed, and once the user accepts the confirmation, 2FA will be set up. SapphireOne offers two distinct methods for 2FA, which will be available to the user at the login stage once they have been properly set up. An administrator must configure and activate each method to ensure the user can successfully log in to SapphireOne. The two methods are as follows:
Please ensure that these steps are followed carefully to maintain the security of user accounts with Two-Factor authentication.
Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security process in which users are required to provide two different authentication factors to verify themselves. This method adds an additional layer of security to SapphireOne’s authentication process, which involves providing a username, password and an email address by default. SapphireOne’s Implementation of 2FA significantly reduces the risk of unverified users gaining access through a compromised account.
If you have any questions about implementing or using two-factor authentication with our software, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.
- Add Header/ Footer To Plain Paper Reports – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will add headers and footers to all plain paper reports. This will have no effect on any custom reports.
- Custom Report Plugin Type – No Longer used as we have designed our own in house Sapphire Custom Reports.
This area sets how SapphireOne manages any documents that are to be stored within SapphireOne. Most of them will be stored in the form of pdf’s or some type of word/text format.
Extensive use of this function with very large files that are stored as part of the data file may be problematic as the data file will quickly expand in size. Please check with SapphireOne support before implementing this function on a large scale.
- Document Size Limit – The figure entered will set the maximum document size in Megabytes that SapphireOne will allow to be stored in the document pages throughout the data file. SapphireOne default is as seen 10 Mb.
- Save Location Checkboxes – The next decision the user has to make is where to store these files.
- Default Option – By default SapphireOne has the Store With Data File option selected. Nothing else is required from the user however please note the file size advise given above.
- User Selected – If the user decides to use the Store as Files option they will have to first create a directory on the hard drive. If extensive use of this function is anticipated the drive will have to have the drive space required to store all of the files and be available all of the time. (I.e. Not a USB drive).
- Alert – Once the radio button is selected they will receive an alert requesting confirmation. The user has the option of leaving any documents already stored with the data file as they are, or moving them to the newly created directory.
- Navigation – Document area will then alter and display an additional data entry field displaying a path. SapphireOne will by default offer to store these files in the same directory as the SapphireOne executable and this should really be altered. So select the ‘…’ button and SapphireOne will display the standard find option on both Mac’s and PC’s enabling the selection of a different directory.
- File Sizes – Data files are becoming quite large so 4D has a compress /expand tool. This function will be implemented when the user selects the checkbox. For users that have a large number of documents in their data file they should see a reduction in the size of the data file.
Store Document as Compressed Blob – Before the user selects this check box they should BACKUP their data file. When the checkbox is selected for the first time SapphireOne will display an alert.
Automatic Functions Area
- Run At – This field allows functions which can slow server performance such as verifying un-posted to be scheduled overnight. This clock is set in 24 hour mode.
- Check Alarms – This field is linked to Actions that can be set. It is recommended that you leave it set at the default 0, check every 5 seconds but if required you could set it at say 3600, check once an hour. The number is in seconds 60 being one minute.
- Run Aging – Selecting this checkbox will enable SapphireOne to run this function outside of business hours.
- Change If Total Due Is Different – This next checkbox is linked to the run aging checkbox. When SapphireOne runs aging and it finds totals that are different it does not modify the record. Selecting this checkbox will allow SapphireOne to modify the record if the total due is different.
- Run Verify Un-posted- Selecting this checkbox will enable SapphireOne to run this function outside of business hours.
- Run Reset Next Delivery – The SapphireOne user can use this tool when they want to reset the next delivery run.
- Create Standing Transaction X Days Prior – When standing transactions are setup they are generated on a set day. When a number in days is entered here SapphireOne will generate those transactions the as entered number of days before the Standing transaction is due to be created.
- Auto Backup Data File – Activating the function will cause SapphireOne to create a zip backup file in the selected location. This should only be executed when the server is not busy. Check the time settings set at the top of this area and allow time for SapphireOne to complete all tasks.
- If other types of backup are also setup check that the times do not conflict with each other. Allow time for each backup to be processed correctly!
- Controller Temporarily Off – This area contains a checkbox that allows you to turn the which is responsible for the posting function within SapphireOne.
- Controller Log – If this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will keep a log of any alterations made to the controller.
- Controller Message On Server – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will display an alert on the server window indicating what the controller is currently doing.
A task that requires the controller to be off should only be executed under instructions from SapphireOne Support.
Network & Web Area
The Network & Web data entry fields are mainly for the setting up for PayPal based transactions. The starting or enabling of a number of web-based functions are provided for as well as the selection of a custom port for these functions. With the web pack you will have to enable the HTTPS web server.
For users/PayPal transactions to be able to processed, SapphireOne will have to have access to the WWW. Your company will have to have a Public URL which may be entered in to the data entry filed provided.
- Enable Legacy 4D Network Layer Checkbox – Do not use. Please check with SapphireOne support staff as this option is not normally used.
- Start Web Server on Server Start Checkbox – When the SapphireOne server application is started the web server is not started by default. When this checkbox is selected it will automatically be started, each time the SapphireOne server is started.
- Enable HTTP Web Server Checkbox- When the SapphireOne server application is started the HTTP Web server is by default not started. When this checkbox is selected it will automatically be started each time the SapphireOne server is started.
- Custom HTTP Port – The SapphireOne server will normally listen on port 80. When a different port is entered here it will then listen on the port as entered by a user.
- Public URL – This is where the companies public url is entered for PayPal transactions. This can be used for other purposes as required.
Windows SDI Area
- Menu Position – This is currently only used for windows based systems. It determines the type and position of the menus when SapphireOne used.
- Top – Menu system will retain the original SapphireOne menu system that the users have been used to.
- Left – Once selected an alert will be displayed advising the user to re-start the SapphireOne software. The SDI style floating menu will be on the left side of the screen.
- Right – Once selected an alert will be displayed advising the user to re-start the SapphireOne software. The SDI style floating menu will be on the right hand side of the screen.
Clients Page Master Defaults
The Clients Page is the second item in the page menu in the Master Defaults function. This screen allows control of the defaults required when creating a new Client. This allows quick entry of a new Client with only basic details being completed. The details entered here will be automatically inserted by SapphireOne as the default settings when setting up a new Client. You then have the option of altering any of these details inserted by SapphireOne from this the Client master file when creating a new Client.
This function is located at Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > Clients. Users should note that the settings required for a Client’s credit, has a separate Master Defaults page immediately following this Clients page.
- Tax Code – This field is where the default tax code is set up for new clients and may be modified. (Note! that this tax code is company specific and must be set on a Company by Company basis).
- Bank Account – When a new Client is created the user must remember to go to the Terms Page and enter in the Payment Account details. If the General Ledger account is entered here SapphireOne will automatically enter this General Ledger account for all new clients. The user still has the option of altering these details on a client by client basis if required.
- Open Item – By default, this checkbox is selected when a new data file is created. Any Invoices for the Clients will be created as open items and SapphireOne will leave them as current until fully paid.
- Lock Data Entry – The checkbox is linked directly to the Open Item check box. When a new Client is being created, the Open Item checkbox is enabled allowing a user to de-select this option if required. However if this checkbox is selected here in Master Defaults once the Client has been created, the user will not be not be allowed to alter the Open Item status.
- Exclude 100% Allocated – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to only print un-allocated transactions on the statement.
- Sort Statements By Date – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to sort the statement by transaction date.
- Style 2 Plain Paper Statement – Selecting this option is for Open Item transactions only. This style will only print current, 30 day outstanding and overdue transactions, based on the payment due date. If this checkbox is not selected SapphireOne will automatically use Style 1, which, will print transactions 30, 60 and 90 days outstanding and may be used for both open item and Balance Brought Forward transactions.
- Include Current Receipts- Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to print receipts received in the current period, even if they are 100% allocated.
- Age Statement By Current Date – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will produce statements that are aged from the date of creation rather than the period that they were created in.
- Show Balance Excluding Disputed Amount – Selecting this checkbox allows SapphireOne to place disputed values in a separate column so as not to distort the truly Collectable value.
- Client Invoice Due Date Calculate From Create Date – This option only works in accounts mode when raising a CI. When it is selected, SapphireOne will apply the terms based on the created date of the SCI and not on the delivery date.
- Warning For Children Client Receipt – When this checkbox is selected, and SapphireOne determines that the receipt is for the Child of a Parent Client and not the Parent, it will display an alert.
- Print Deposit Slip In Landscape – Deposit slips are normally printed in portrait mode. When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will print deposit slips in Landscape mode.
- Include EFT in Deposit – Normally EFT payments are not included when the deposit function is accessed in accounts mode. When this checkbox is selected EFT based transactions will be listed with all other transactions when the deposit function is processed.
- Use Date In For Payment Performance – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will base Payment performance on the date in instead of the date due.
- ID Serialise – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne the Client ID will be numbered and generated automatically.
- Department Level Address and Logo – SapphireOne provides a unique ability to create a separate logo and separate address for each department in your SapphireOne company data file.
- Rebate – Select an Inventory item or location
User Defined Names Area
This field entry area allows you to customise the area Labels that appear in a Client listing.
- No 1 to No 4 – Are user defined labels, each relating to a single line text field which is accessible on the following More Details pages.
- Accounts > Receivables > Clients Inquiry > More Details
- Inventory > Sales > Clients Inquiry > More Details
- Job Projects >Job Projects > Clients Inquiry > More Details
- A Vendor Inquiries is also available from the Inquiry palette
- Tag 1 to Tag 3 – Each relate to a drop down list box of user defined values accessible on the following Details pages.
- Accounts > Receivables > Clients Inquiry > Details
- Inventory > Sales > Vendor Clients > Details
- Job Projects > Job Projects > Clients Inquiry > Details
- A Vendor Inquiries is also available from the Inquiry palette
Only a certain number of characters are allowed in the labels. For this reason keep them as short as possible as they will have to fit on screen and in reports.
Rating Brackets on Total Sales Area
- Enable Daily Rating Calculation – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will update the rating on a daily basis instead of a monthly basis.
- Tier Headings – These four headings may be altered to suit the users requirements.
- Radio Buttons –
- Weight towards Sales – The SapphireOne user has ability by selecting the radio button wait towards Sales will change the Tier heading.
- Average – The SapphireOne user has ability by selecting the radio button wait towards Sales will change the Average.
- Weight towards Prompt Payment – The SapphireOne user has ability by selecting the radio button wait towards Sales will change the Weight Towards Prompt Payment.
Clients Page Reference Area
This reference area is directly linked to the keeping both External & Internal Reference numbers unique. It is split into two separate sections which are identical as follows
- Client Invoice External Reference Unique.
- Client Invoice Internal Reference Unique.
User selection of the radio buttons in each section, determines the action that is to be taken by SapphireOne, when a duplicate reference number is entered by a user. Within each group there is provision for an action to be placed on both Accounts and Inventory based transactions.
Documentation will be provided once as the six radio buttons in each section have the same functionality when they are selected.
- Client Invoice External Reference Unique – Normally this group of radio buttons are disabled. Selecting this checkbox will activate these radio buttons allowing the user to select them as required.
- Radio Buttons – For both External and Internal reference numbers the user may select one of three options for either Accounts or Inventory modes.
- Show Warning. The user will be presented with a warning pop up but will still be allowed to proceed with the transaction that has the duplicated reference number.
- Stop Entry. The user will be presented with a warning pop up, and then prevented from proceeding with the transaction that has the duplicated reference number.
- Off. The will receive no warnings at all and any transactions that are created with reference numbers already in SapphireOne will be allowed to be entered.
Master Defaults Clients Credit Page
The Clients Credit Page is the third item in the Master Defaults function.
Clients Credit Page Defaults Area
This area allows you to enter a default payment terms when setting up new Clients. These payment terms as entered here may be overridden when creating a new Client or at any time thereafter.
- Credit Limit – The field is where the default credit limit for new clients is set and may be modified when setting up new Clients.
- Quotes Can Not Be Converted When In Credit Stop – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will stop Quotes being converted to orders when the Client is on credit stop in the: Client Inquiry > Terms page.
- Orders Can Not Be Converted When In Credit Stop – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will stop Orders being converted to Sales when the Client is on credit stop in the: Client Inquiry > Terms page.
- Post Transaction When Client In Credit Stop – Selecting this check box will tell SapphireOne to allow the posting of transaction for Clients who have credit stop set against them.
- Post Invoice When Client In Credit Stop – Selecting this check box will tell SapphireOne to allow the posting of invoices for Clients who have credit stop set against them.
Payment terms and credit stops
The following options sets the terms to be applied to new clients.
- Terms – A number of standard terms may be selected or other which will allow terms to be set in any number of days.
- Auto Credit Stop Based On Terms Over X Days – If a number is entered into this data entry field SapphireOne will automatically initiate a credit stop based on the number of days as entered. Entering zero disables this function.
- Send Client Credit Stop Email – Provided an email address has been entered into the Clients master record SapphireOne can be set up so that an email is automatically sent to the Client when SapphireOne initiates an automatic stop of credit. If the user selects the Edit Message button they may personalise the email that is sent on a client by client basis.
- Weekend – Select the first day of the weekend. Only used when the weekend does not start on a Saturday.
Clients Credit Page Overdue Email Area
This area allows the user to manage what SapphireOne is to do, when a Client becomes overdue with their payments.
- Send Overdue Email – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will send an email to the overdue Client. This may be over ridden for any Clients by selecting the check box on the Terms Page in the Clients master record.
Note that the settings below are only enabled when the Send Overdue Emails above has been selected.
- Email Client Every X Days – SapphireOne may be set up to send an email on a daily basis and at a particular time. (I.e. If 7 days is entered SapphireOne will send an email once a Week)
- After X Tries in Succession, Send Emails To X – After the entered number of tries SapphireOne will then send an email to the email address as entered. (A user in your organisation who manages over due accounts).
- BCC Sales Rep – If this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will also send the same email to any Sales Reps entered for the Client.
- Trigger Workflow Alert To User – If there is a user entered into this data entry field that user user will receive a Workflow alert as entered in the Subject and body fields that follow.
Master Defaults Vendors Page
The Vendors Page is the fourth item in the Master Defaults function.
This function allows control of the defaults used when creating a new Vendor. The details entered here will be automatically inserted by SapphireOne as the default settings when setting up a new Vendor. The user then has the option of altering any of these details automatically inserted by SapphireOne.
Vendors Page Defaults Area
- Credit Limit – This field is the where the default credit limit for new Vendors is set and may be modified if necessary on a Vendor by Vendor basis.
- Tax Code – This field is where the default tax code for new Vendors is set and may be modified. (Note this that this item is company specific and must be set on a Company by Company basis).
- Bank Account – An individual bank account may be entered on a Vendor by Vendor basis if required.
- Max Remittance Lines – The entry field limits the number of lines that can be allocated. This stops the printing of blank cheques.
- Open Item – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to leave invoices in current until fully paid.
- Lock Data Entry – Selecting the checkbox when SapphireOne is operating in First Time mode will prevent anyone but authorised users from selecting the Open Item checkbox during normal operations.
- Cheque Money Words Format – Selecting this checkbox allows you to select the format in which the words on your cheques will appear. For example if the checkbox is not selected then the word format for $450 would appear as Four Hundred and Fifty Dollars. If the checkbox is selected, the word format for $450 would be used.
- Style 2 Remittance & Cheque – Selecting this checkbox produces a detailed remittance with the same information as Style 1 plus also displaying credit, discount and prescribed tax information.
- No Cheque No – By selecting this checkbox SapphireOne will not print cheque numbers. This will allow the manual entry in the location where the cheque number is normally inserted, or any type of unique identifier such as EFT or a date.
- Multi-Page Remittances – This checkbox is linked to the entry field. If the Max remittance number exceeds the number entered in the field SapphireOne will print the remaining remittance lines on a separate plain sheet of paper, to stop the printing of blank cheques.
- Include Vendor Credit On Remittance – Selecting the checkbox tells SapphireOne to print the existing Vendor Credit remaining on remittances.
- Print F.X. Details – Selecting this tells SapphireOne to print the FX details on the remittance.
- Contact on OVI – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will place the primary contact details, including the fax details onto the Vendor Invoice.
- Sum Cheques in Reconciliation – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to group all Vendor cheques for each Vendor together into one single cheque.
- Disputed on “As at Balances” – Selecting this checkbox checkbox allows SapphireOne to place disputed values in a separate column so as not to distort the truly Collectable value.
- Vendor Account on Purchases – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne to place your Account ID from the Vendor on a PVI. This field is available under Vendor Inquiry \ More Details. Please see the Accounts Reference Manual for further details on this area.
- Allow Recipient Created Transactions – When you select the checkbox SapphireOne will then display an additional Recipient Created checkbox just to the right of the Vendor ID entry field enabling the user to generate a Recipient Created Tax Invoice if required.
- Don’t Include Self Balance on ABA files – By default, SapphireOne generates a self-balancing ABA file. If your Bank does NOT require a self-balancing file please select this checkbox.
- Warning For Children Vendor Payment – When this checkbox is selected, and SapphireOne determines that the receipt is for the Child of a Parent Client and not the Parent, it will display a warning alert.
- Vendor Invoice Internal Reference Unique – If the is selected the area will become active as seen to the right enabling the user to select from the radio buttons the options that are required. (Note that in the main screenshot on the first page of this section on Vendor Master Defaults, the option is not selected so the area is greyed out and the radio buttons not selectable.) This area is always active and the radio button for the options may be set as required.
Vendors Page User Defined Names Area
This field entry area allows you to customise the area Labels that appear in a Vendor listing.
- No 1 – No 4 – Are user defined labels, each relating to a single line text field which is accessible on the following More Details pages.
- Accounts > Payables > Vendor Inquiry > More Details
- Inventory > Purchases > Vendor Inquiry > More Details
- Job Projects > Costs > Vendor Inquiry > More Details
- A Vendor Inquiries is also available from the Inquiry palette.
- Tag 1 – Tag 3 – Each relate to a drop down list box of user defined values accessible on the following Details pages.
- Accounts > Payables > Vendor Inquiry > Details
- Inventory > Purchases > Vendor Inquiry > Details
- Job Projects > Costs > Vendor Inquiry > Details
- A Vendor Inquiries is also available from the Inquiry palette.
Only a certain number of characters are allowed in the labels. For this reason keep them as short as possible as they will have to fit on screen and in reports.
Vendors Page Terms Area
- Terms – This area allows you to enter a default payment term. The payment terms may then be overridden when creating a new Vendor. The options available are.
- 7 Days
- 14 days
- 21 Days
- Cash on Delivery
- 20th Month following
- 25th Month following
- Week End following’
- Other – If this option is selected , the number of days can be indicated in the available text field.
- Week End – Select the desired first day of the weekend from a list of the seven days of the week. Only used when the weekend does not start on a Saturday.
For both External and Internal reference numbers the user may select one of three options for either Accounts or Inventory modes.
- Show Warning – The user will be presented with a warning alert but will still be allowed to proceed with the Post Vendor Invoice (PVI) transactions for Inventory mode and Vendor Invoice (VI) transactions for Accounts mode.
- Stop Entry – The user will be presented with the warning alert and they are then prevented from proceeding with the Post Vendor Invoice (PVI) transactions for Inventory mode and Vendor Invoice (VI) transactions for Accounts mode.
- Off – The will receive no warnings at all and any transactions that are created with reference numbers already in SapphireOne will be allowed to be entered.
The alert will only appear in the reference number has not been entered previously.
Master Defaults Job Projects Page
The Job Project Page is the fifth item in the Master Defaults function. This page allows users to configure settings and information pertaining to projects. It allows users to select certain items to be standard over all projects.
Job Projects Page Defaults Area
- Project No – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne to automatically allocate an incrementing number for projects. Do not select this option if the user wants to create their own Project numbers.
- Auto Use JGJ’s – Selecting this checkbox will allow the immediate allocation of purchases to a project by SapphireOne. (Linked to the Use Asset checkbox further down).
- No Stock Control – Selecting this checkbox will mean that stock is linked to Projects for tracking purposes only.
- No Retention’s – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not display the Retention Figure field displayed as a percentage, in all Data Entry Screens
- Custom Descriptions – When you select this checkbox SapphireOne will precede the Activity description with the resource name (as shown below). This is in the Time Sheets data entry screen when you enter in a Time Sheet for a Resource. To do this go to Projects > Resources > Time Sheets – Resources.
- Custom Descriptions – When this is selected SapphireOne will create new lines if the Inventory ID and Description are different.
- Compulsory Projects – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not allow the saving of any transaction that does not have a project entered on each and every line. Until then the will not be displayed so the user will not be permitted to save the transaction.
- Gain & Loss Project Base – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to separate any FX Gain/Loss on a line by line basis. Normally only a single SCI is created merging any FX Gain/Loss on transaction with multiple lines.
- Project Plan Use Mark-Up Always – When this checkbox is selected it tells SapphireOne to always Use the Mark Up.
- Require Class To Save Project Record – When the checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not display the until a valid Project Class has been entered. This prevents users from creating a new Project and saving it, but not assigning it to a Class. A valid class must always be entered.
- Limit Project By Resources – On a Resource based time sheet, only display projects that have the resource set up for that project.
- Require task on Timesheet – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not allow a time sheet to be saved without a task being entered into it.
Budget & Billing Inventory Section
Base Inventory items may be created that are to be used as headers for invoices in the Project Budget and Billing function. The three data entry fields have a light blue background so they may be wild card searched for an Inventory Header item. They may then as seen below, be linked to any item in your Inventory.
They are created as a normal Base Inventory items with the following two provisos.
- On the Details page they must be set as Non-diminishing.
- On the More Details Page the Invoice Header Item checkbox must be ticked.
- Header Item – An example would be if management had a requirement to know which were Web Pack placed orders and which were from locally raised orders. SapphireOne would place this items name first on the list of inventory items enabling easy identification of those orders. Please refer to the Inventory Mode reference manual for details.
- Progress Billing – This header is in the Job Project Quoting/Planning page. It allows a user to easily create Progress Payments under each Task Header. Users can Right Mouse click on the Job Project or Individual Task Header and select Create Progress Payment. When a user does this a new Task (called Progress Payment) and Inventory item (as set up in Job Project Master Default) will be created under each Task Header. This function should be used once a Quote has been set-up as what will happen is that all the Billing for the linked Tasks and Inventory will be set to zero (by adding -100% as Mark-up) and the new Billing Progress Payment Inventory item will be created as a Total of Billing for the total of each Task Header made up by Qty of 100 (to represent % – rate will therefore be 1% of total).
- Retention – When an Inventory item has been setup for retentions it may be selected here.
Job Projects Page Default Timesheet Memo Area
When a time sheet is created, and a line is entered in the line entry area SapphireOne will initially display the activity name as selected. This Description area may then be modified and added to or altered by the user as required. However, in some cases the same details are entered time and time again and one of the more difficult items to enter are dates and times. The user is strongly advised to print this page or make a note of the items in the screenshot.
When entering a common message on a time sheet all of the items in the screenshot prefixed with the # symbol will automatically be replaced with the data from the currently open time sheet.
For example, the following has been entered into a time sheet
Activity #AN commenced on #DSH and was completed on #DFH
In the time sheet SapphireOne will enter the text as
Activity Kitchen Installations started on 22/06/2016 and finished 29/06/2016.
SapphireOne draws the #AN, Activity Name, #DSH, Date Started, #DFH, Date finished from the time sheet that it is from. Every time sheet will have these details even if the details vary from time sheet to time sheet.
SapphireOne will parse for the # followed by the required text and the look in the time sheet for the linked item, then enter that item into the time sheet.
Job Projects Page User Defined Names Area
This area allows users to alter some of the data entry field headings and allows some user customisation of the program to suit various needs.
This User Defined Names may be used in three areas of Job Projects and each area is documented below.
- No 1 & No 2 – These data entry headings are in the Misc area on the first page of a Job Project inquiry. These are very general in location and could be used for anything that is required for the setting up of data requirements for a Job Project.
- Guarantee 1 & Guarantee 2 – These data entry headings are linked to the second page in a Job Project Inquiry More Details located at Job Projects \ Job Project Inquiry \ More Details Page.
- Tag, Tag2 and Tag3 – These data entry headings are linked to the Grouping area on the first page in both a Parent Project and a Job Project (Child) within the Details Page which is located at Job Projects > Job Projects > Parent Project Inquiry > Details and Job Projects > Job Projects > Job Project Inquiry > Details.
All of these user defined name data entry fields may be reported on and used in any custom reports. The data entry fields in the Guarantee area may be used in a custom report to print a guarantee form if required.
Job Projects Page Time Sheet Area
This area is directly linked to the creation of time sheets.
- Start Time and Finish Time – When a Starting and Finishing time is entered here SapphireOne will automatically enter in these times into the line entry area in a time sheet. This is useful when the same times are constantly entered into time sheets. The user still has the option of altering these as necessary when in the process of entering the time sheet.
Job Projects Page Retentions Area
- Don’t Change GL Accounts – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not change the GL code when creating retention records.
- Remove Retention from BAS – When you select this checkbox SapphireOne will remove the Retention Amount held in Projects from your BAS. This amount may be seen when you view the following screen in the Client Retention area Projects \ Project \ Project Inquiry \ Details
You also have the option to set the departments for retention’s in System Controls.
Job Projects Page Working Days Area
- Work Start & Work End – These two drop down menus enable the user to select the beginning and end of the working week.
Job Projects Page Public Holidays Section
These may be directly entered by clicking on the area in screen where the data is to be placed. A pop-up calendar will be displayed allowing quick and simple entry of the Dates From and To. Click on the Name and SapphireOne will allow the user to directly enter in a name for the holiday.
Master Defaults Inventory Page
The Inventory Page is the sixth item in the Master Defaults menu.
This Inventory Page allows control of defaults to be used when creating a new Inventory item. This allows for quick entry of Inventory items with only the basic details entered.
It is Not Recommended that the Negative Stock checkbox is selected without prior consultation with SapphireOne Support.
This Page allows the setting of the information used in the Invoice and Inventory functions.
Please note that in the Defaults Area if the Serial Batch and Price Book checkboxes are not selected, several additional checkboxes are not displayed. The Sale Rate Area also displays additional options when the Check Sale Rate checkbox is selected.
Inventory Page Defaults Area
- Tax Code – This entry field is where the default tax code for new inventory items is entered and may be modified.
- Type – When new inventory is created the most common Type selected is Normal so SapphireOne defaults to this Type. In some companies, however some other type of Inventory is the most common for example Non-Diminishing. To simplify this procedure for these companies the default Type of newly created Inventory items may be altered here by selecting a different type. Once altered any new Inventory items will default the new type as selected here. The user still has the usual option of altering the Inventory Type as required when new inventory items are created.
- Negative Stock – Selecting this checkbox will allow SapphireOne stock levels to go into a negative situation but this is not recommended!
- Disable UA Error – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to disable the UA error which is, un-posted inventory adjustment transactions.
- Authorisation Code – Before this checkbox may be selected the user will be presented with the Request Alert screen. An authorisation code will have to be obtained from SapphireOne support staff before SapphireOne will allow the checkbox to be selected.
- Copy Inventory Description – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne to copy the Inventory description into the History files.
- Bill of Materials – Selecting this checkbox will activate the Bill of Materials feature within SapphireOne. If left unchecked the menu item Build Entry will be greyed out and un-selectable here: Inventory \Inventory \ Build Entry, please see the Inventory article for further details.
- Copy Line to Invoice Formulise – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will copy the line to the invoice on the order screen, follow the formula, and the place on back order what can not be supplied.
- Stocktake Updates Last Cost – SapphireOne normally updates the average cost with the Stocktake cost. By selecting the checkbox the average cost as well as the last cost will be updated with the Stocktake cost.
- Auto Select Batch Function –When this check box is selected, SapphireOne will automatically take stock starting with the default batch, (the one prefixed with a *) and then any subsequent batches. Normally the batch selection pop up is displayed every time an item that has batches active is displayed.
- Do Not Sort Build lines alphabetically – When this checkbox is selected, it tells SapphireOne NOT to re-sort items contained in Built Items automatically on refresh. These items are Inventory items that comprise other items from inventory within them. These items are may be added or viewed in the Build Page of any Inventory Item.
- Use (Current + Unpost) in Stockcount – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to unposted was well as current in any stockcount operation.
- Shell Search on Inventory Names as Well – Selecting this checkbox will make SapphireOne include the Inventory names when the Search function is used on the main toolbar.
- Require Class To Save Inventory Record – If this checkbox is selected, when a new Inventory Item is created SapphireOne will not allow the new item to be saved until a valid Class has been entered. The tick and the arrow will not be displayed until a Class has been entered.
- Price Display Include Tax – The setting of this checkbox will be dependent upon if the business is Wholesale based or Retail based. For Wholesale based businesses prices are normally viewed or declared as Price plus Tax. For Retail based businesses prices are usually viewed or declared as Price including Tax. Normally within SapphireOne prices in any list and in all screens, are without tax. When this checkbox is selected, they are then displayed including Tax.
The most noticeable location for the selection of this option in Master Defaults is in to the first page of an Inventory Inquiry where there is an area named Standard Prices.
The Include Tax checkbox will follow the Price Display Include Tax checkbox setting in Master Defaults but is for initial display purposes only. The user can then either tick or un-tick the checkbox to view the prices either ticked with tax included, or un-ticked showing prices without tax.
- Use Bay – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will automatically prompt the user to select a bay for all inventory items.
- Importer Serialise – When this is selected SapphireOne will automatically create a serial number ID in numeric format.
- WET – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will display the data entry field for the user entry of the Wine Equalisation Tax, (W.E.T) in all QCI, OCI and SCI.
- Reorder Ignore MRP – When this check box is selected SapphireOne will use the old formula (i.e. max – current) when the reorder function is used.
- Run MRP By Week – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will run the Materials Requirement Planning function (M.R.P.), on a weekly basis instead of the default monthly.
- Outwards Goods – This checkbox is directly linked to the raising of Period Invoices. All invoices for the client are normally raised as CI’s. When this function is turned on they are raised as GJ’s instead. When SapphireOne has determined that a periodic invoice is to be raised it will convert these multiple GJ’s to a single CI. This Outwards Goods function is a method of reducing the number of transactions that are being sent out to clients by merging them to, in most cases a single transaction each time a Periodic Invoice is raised and sent out.
- Use Zero Rate On Purchase Order – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not update last cost when any purchase transaction is posted. It will use a zero rate so that all purchases will have to be manually entered for the purchased inventory item at a later time.
- Record Kit Master Current and Available – Inventory items setup as Master Kits are normally set as non diminishing items so current and available quantities are not tracked. When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will display these Master Items quantities based on the individual component quantities
- ID Serialise – When this checkbox is selected the Inventory ID’s will be numbered and generated automatically by SapphireOne.
- Default Location – This entry field is one of the default items that must be entered in this screen and it is Company specific.
- Location Checking – SapphireOne will check that the Location ID entered is valid and you will not be permitted to Save with the Tick until this entry field has a valid Location ID inserted.
- New Inventory – Any new Inventory items created using an Inventory Inquiry by using the New Plus button will automatically be created in the Location selected here.
- Price Decimals – Setting a number here determines the number of numbers after the decimal point that will be displayed for prices. Default is 2 for two numbers.
- Quantity Decimals – For fractions of Items entering a number here determines the number of numbers after the decimal point that will be displayed. Default is 2 for two numbers.
- Importer ID Prefix –
- Serial Batch – Selecting this checkbox will allow access to the Serial Batch option within Inventory. SapphireOne will now display six additional checkboxes for the user to make selections from as below.
- Add Serial Numbers – Selecting this checkbox will allow you to add Serial Numbers for sales during data entry. This does not need to be linked to purchases.
- Auto Serialise – This checkbox when selected will tell SapphireOne to automatically create a Serial Number on purchases. When this option is selected, the user is unable to edit the Serial Number as SapphireOne has already been instructed to allocate a Serial Number to the item purchased. This also enables additional functionality in Build Lines where you have the choice to auto serialise on build.
- Auto Batch on PO – This checkbox when selected tells SapphireOne to create an automatically generated batch number based on the PO number.
- Batch Zero Expiry – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not set an expiry date for any new batch items created. The user will have to enter an expiry date manually.
- Batch First In First Out – When this checkbox is selected, SapphireOne will check the batch numbers and the ones with the lowest number or oldest date will automatically be selected first.
- No Duplicate Number- When this checkbox has been selected, SapphireOne will not allow any duplicate Serial/Batch numbers for the same Inventory Item.
- Check Serial Batch/Error on Inventory Invoices – This check box is linked to Pack Tally. Selecting this will tell SapphireOne to recheck that the serial or batch numbers in the pack tally are correct. This applies to TGJ, AGJ and BGT transactions.
- Pack Tally – Selecting this checkbox allows you to purchase in one type of unit and sell in a different type of unit: Example: Buying timber in Pallets or cubic meters and selling it by the lineal meter. Example 2: Buying by the carton of 144, and sell all 144 items in the carton as single items.
- Table Matrix – Selecting this checkbox will allow the entry of matrix-based products, e.g. style, size, colour and other matrix systems.
- Easy Entry – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne not to display the table/matrix creation pop up when selecting table/matrix items for purchase or sale.
- Don’t Display Table Breakdown on Invoice – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne not to display the table break down on an invoice.
- Allow Use of Single Table Items – Selecting this checkbox will allow the user to enter a sub item as a single item.
- Use Master Order For Sorting Table – Selecting this checkbox enables the master order set in the Lists function under the Controls menu to be used for Tables. This list contains all of the table columns and allows the user to modify the order for improved presentation of the user interface. I.e. S, M, L, XL. If this is not enabled SapphireOne will sort alphabetically.
- Do Not Append Colour and Size on Table Item Name – Selecting this check box tells SapphireOne to not append color and size on table item name.
- PriceBook – Selecting this checkbox will allow multiple discounts to be applied on an ID or Class basis within SapphireOne. (The following checkbox Price Book2 must be selected as well)
- PriceBook 2 – Selecting this checkbox will activate Price book II which has a number of extended features. These extended features are documented in detail the Pricebook article.
- PriceBook Sales Lowest Price – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will check all price book entries for the Inventory item, and if there are multiple entries it will display the lowest price for the Inventory Item.
- Use Date In – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne tells price book to follow the Date In of the Invoice rather than the default setting of the Delivery Date of the Invoice
- Pricing Formula – This checkbox when selected allows SapphireOne to calculate Inventory sales prices based on a formula. This Pricing Formula area is located on the following screen: Inventory > Inventory > Inventory Inquiry > Controls.
It should be noted that while almost all Master Default settings affect ALL companies, the Default Location data entry field is Company specific. The insertion of a Default Inventory location is set on a Company by Company basis. For multi Company data files a user will have to log in to each Company in the data file, and enter a Default location if required.
To check the Locations set up on SapphireOne you will have to go to Inventory > Inventory > Locations Inquiry. For the new Inventory Item to appear in other Locations in the Inventory Locations Inquiry list either a Purchase Order or a Stock Transfer to the Location will have to be made.
The Price Decimals field entry & Quantity Decimals field entry establish the number of decimal places after the decimal point in the Price and Quantity fields respectively.
Inventory Page User Defined Names Area
This field entry area allows the user to customise two groups of Headings in Inventory Items.
- No 1 to No 4 – These tag headings are to be found in the Second page of an Inventory Inquiry located at Inventory > Inventory > Inventory Inquiry > More Details Page in the Grouping area they are located in the User Defined area, bottom right hand side of the screen
- Tag1 to Tag3 – These tag headings are to be found in the first page of an Inventory Inquiry located at Inventory > Inventory > Inventory Inquiry > Details Page In the Grouping area they are the first three items in the left hand column of tags.
- Tag4 to Tag6 –These tag headings are also in the first page of an Inventory Inquiry located at Inventory > Inventory > Inventory Inquiry > Details Page. In the Grouping area they are the first three items in the right hand column of tags. The menus for all of these tags have the ability to be set up by the user as required. Once these drop-down menus have been setup by the user, SapphireOne is able use them to sort and filter any inventory items that have these menus in them. In particular they are used in the Web Pack for the filtering and sorting of what is displayed to the user as Tag through to Tag6 are options that the user has when processing a Customer Order.
Inventory Page Sale Rate Area
For the purpose of documenting these functions the documentation will assume that the “Check Sale Rate” Checkbox has been selected. Of the six radio buttons the user may select any one of the six at a time. When the sale is being conducted an alert will be displayed in each instance telling the user that the sale will either not be allowed or warning them of the sales error.
- Check Sale Rate – When this checkbox is selected displays six radio buttons that place additional controls on the sale of inventory items as follows.
- Stop Sales Below Average Cost- Selecting the radio button will stop any sale that is below the average cost for the item.
- Warn on Sales Below Average Cost – Selecting the radio button will warn the user that the sale is below the average cost for the item.
- Stop Sales Below Last Cost – Selecting the radio button will stop any sale that is below the last cost for the item.
- Warn On Sales Below Last Cost –Selecting the radio button will warn the user that the sale that is below the last cost for the item.
- Stop Sales Below Floor Price– Selecting the radio button will stop any sale that is below the floor price for the item. (Note that the Inventory must have a floor price entered)
- Warn On Sales Below Floor Price- Selecting the radio button will warn the user that the sale that is below the floor price for the item. (Note that the Inventory must have a floor price entered)
There are also three checkboxes and none or all of them may be selected at the same time.
- Warn On Zero Average Cost – When this checkbox is selected the pop up will warn the user that the sale is being conducted with a Zero Average Cost.
- Price Book Overwrite Above Options – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will check for any Price book entries that conflict with any options select above. If any are found SapphireOne will ignore the option selected above and apply the Price book rule.
- Check Sale Rate After Discount – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will first apply any discounts and get a selling price. It will then look at any of the options selected above and then check to see if the price then falls within the option as selected above. If it does apply the rule as selected above. For example the sale may have a Pricebook entry that causes the Selling price to be below the items Last Cost. If the has been selected SapphireOne would then stop the sale.
Inventory 2 Page
The Inventory 2 Page is the seventh item in the Master Defaults function.
Inventory 2 Page Price Margins Area
These ten data entry fields should normally be set at zero unless it is proposed that margins are to be enabled for pricing. They are directly linked to the Sapphire Tools option, Update Price by Margins.
The Inventory Locations Inquiry function may be found in two Modes, Inventory and Job Projects, under their respective Inventory Tabs. This function is also on the Sapphire Tools Menu and has been documented within the Sapphire Tools article.
- Rounding data entry field – This data entry field has been added so that SapphireOne may round its calculations when using this function. Enter 0 to round up to nearest dollar. Enter 1 to round up to a single decimal place. Enter 2 then round up to 2 decimal places and so on.
- Multiple Margins – The Price Margin function refers to 10 lines of margins. This means that when Inventory item is created up to 10 different margins may be established for your individual Inventory items. SapphireOne now has the ability to use any 1 of 10 lines in the Price Margins area in the Inventory 2 Page in Master Defaults.
- The specific line that is to be read must be selected from a Base Inventory Inquiry. The setting as set in margin Type as seen below has been set at 3.
- When an Inventory Location inquiry is on screen and the Update Price by Margins tool is selected SapphireOne will read the entries from line 3 here in the Price Margins area.
Inventory 2 Page Altering Margins
Of particular interest would be that if all 10 lines of margins were entered to alter a margin price on an inventory item or items would be as follows.
- Execute a Base Inventory Inquiry and alter the Margin Type to read a different line in the Price Margins area.
- Go to an Inventory Locations Inquiry and select the items that are to have their margins altered and select the Update Price by Margins tool.
The Update Prices by Margins may also be executed from a Base Inventory Inquiry but the user should be aware that this will update ALL prices in ALL Locations and this may not be wanted.
Master defaults Invoices Page
The Invoices Page is the eighth item in the in the Master Defaults function. This function allows the setting of default information used in the Invoice Screens. It should be noted that this is the default Invoices Page when a new data file is created.
Invoices Page Defaults Settings Area
The Default Settings Area allows users to control and automate numerous functions that are used when creating a Transaction.
Invoices Page Process Section
- Keep QCI Reference – By selecting this checkbox SapphireOne will keep the quote reference number the same through the entire process from the quote through to the order, and then through to the Invoice.
- QCI To OCI Everything Backorder – Normally when SapphireOne looks at QCI that has a backorder component, it only places on backorder the missing stock. When the QCI is processed through SapphireOne the stock level for that item would then be zero. When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will place the total quantities that are in the QCI on back order. This would mean the inventory stock level after processing the QCI would the same as before the QCI was entered into SapphireOne.
- Keep Int. Ref. For Orders – Selecting this checkbox keeps the Order Number with each order after conversion to an invoice.
- Sort By Date Created – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to display the Invoices by the day they were created with the most recent one at the top of the list. If this checkbox is not selected SapphireOne will default to displaying the Invoices by the sequence number.
- Back To Back Orders – Selecting this checkbox will activate the Back to Back Ordering function on the Quote Screen. Note that if a vendor price has been set up SapphireOne will use that price first. If a vendor price has not been entered it will use the last cost for the back order. If it finds neither the order will be created with a zero value!
- Modify QVI Qty Updates OCI – Please check with SapphireOne support before selecting this checkbox.
- Back To Back Copy Reference – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will copy the Quote reference Number through to a Purchase Order on Back to Back Orders.
- Don’t Update Arrival Date – Normally SapphireOne will insert an arrival date into the transaction, and then update the arrival date as the date the arrival actually occurs. (I.e. is processed). When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will leave the arrival data as it was originally entered when the transaction was created.
- Don’t Update Delivery Date – Normally the delivery date is set by SapphireOne and the date that the Invoice is processed. Selecting the checkbox tells SapphireOne not to update the delivery date when an invoice is processed.
- Do not Post SCI From OCI – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne not to automatically post when an OCI is converted to an SCI.
- Check Stock On Deliver – Normally SapphireOne does not check to see if the stock to be delivered is actually currently in stock. (Blind Delivery). When this option is selected the users will receive a warning that there is insufficient stock to make the delivery.
- Track Invoice Changes – Selecting this checkbox allows tracking of changes to Invoices. NB: This function should only be activated under the instruction of SapphireOne Support and should normally be turned OFF.
- Printed on After Posting – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne not mark an invoice as printed until after it has been posted.
- Post Invoice After Print – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will automatically post the Invoice once it has been printed,
- Purchase On Cost – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne to display the Importer line information on OVI’s.
- Keep OCI Lines in SCI – If there are multiple lines in the OCI for the same inventory item, SapphireOne will not merge the Inventory quantities into a single line in the SCI
- Auto Back To Back – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will automatically update Client backorders based on the Vendor order quantities
- Auto Back To Back Email Picking Slip – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne email a Picking slip when the OCI is fully delivered
- Auto Back To Back Qty Allocation – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will enable the FIFO automatic back to back quantity allocation
- Auto Back To Back Drop Shipping – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will sync the quantities between the OVI and the OCI. For example increasing the OVI quantity will automatically increase the OCI quantity. Also the OCI external reference number will be copied over to the OVI.
- Post TGJ does not update Last Cost – When this checkbox is selected, when aTGJ is posted SapphireOne will not update the last cost for the items in the transaction.
Invoices Page Data Entry Section
- Display X in Invoices Tab – Entering a number in this field tells SapphireOne how many invoices are to be loaded in the Invoices Tab in the information area on Invoices. The user should be aware that this may impact system performance. If SapphireOne slows down reduce the number in this data entry field as you may have to do a trade off for the number displayed in the Invoices tab with speed.
- Rep Require For Sales – When this option is selected SapphireOne will demand that a Rep ID be entered for all invoices throughout SapphireOne. The user will be able to save the Invoice but not post it as it will have an error of Sales Rep required.
- Cannot Modify Sales Client – When this checkbox is selected, for an exist order or sales, the user can not alter the Client that the transaction is for.
- Show GP on SCI/OCI – When this check box is selected SapphireOne will display Gross Profit on SCI’s and OCI’s
- Password On Sales Data Entry – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to ask for a Sales Persons POS password each time a data entry screen is accessed under the Sales menu.
- Sales Person Password – This is NOT the log in password to SapphireOne but the password set up for Sales People by going to Inventory > Sales > Sales People Inquiry
- Password On Purchases Data Entry – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to ask for a Sales Persons POS Access password each time a data entry screen is accessed under the Purchases menu.
- Sales Person Password – This is NOT the log in password to SapphireOne but the password set up for Sales People by going to Inventory > Sales > Sales People Inquiry
- No Invoices On Credit Stop – Selecting this checkbox will prevent users from creating any invoices of any type for any Client who has the Credit Stop checkbox selected on the Terms Page of a Client Inquiry. They will still be able to set up the Invoice but the necessary green tick will not be displayed to enable the saving of the invoice.
- Credit Limit Check on B/O – This checkbox is directly linked to the selection radio button in the Back Orders screen. The radio button is normally by default set on the All Records option. When this checkbox is selected it will default to the Not Over Credit Limit radio button. Users may still alter this if necessary.
- Always Fully Back Order – When there is a Back Ordered component to an order SapphireOne normally only places on Back Order enough stock to leave an inventory stock level of zero for that item. When the checkbox is selected and an order is raised SapphireOne places the entire order on Back Order. This means that when the order/s arrive and are processed inventory stock levels will remain as they were before the orders were processed.
- Always Fully Deliver – On any orders SapphireOne will always enter the quantity as entered on the order field even if there is insufficient stock.
- Arrival Require External Reference – This check box is linked to the Arrival function .When it is selected, SapphireOne will require that the user enters in an Invoice or External reference number before the Process button will become active.
- Line Based Prompt Discounts – When this checkbox is selected, the user may apply a discount on a line by line basis, instead of the whole Invoice.
- Use Client Inventory Description – Selecting this check box will tell SapphireOne to use the preferred clients Inventory description rather than the description in SapphireOne’s Inventory description as they are allowed to be entered differently.
- Use Vendor Inventory Description – Selecting this check box will tell SapphireOne to use the preferred vendors Inventory description rather than the description in SapphireOne’s Inventory description as they are allowed to be entered differently.
- Replace Inventory Description – Selecting this checkbox allows the user to alter the default Inventory description during data entry.
- Address Lock – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not allow any alterations to Client and Vendor addresses when processing invoices
- Copy Line To Invoice Stock Check – Automatically substitute an item from another location if the is not stock in the selected location.
- Link To Sales Person – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne that when a Client is selected, the Address alert will be displayed allowing the user to select the address and address and contact name for the order. This address and contact name must be selected before the user is allowed to complete the entry of a Client ID. This linking allowing sales analysis reports to be generated.
- Select By Serial No Allowed – Selecting the checkbox will allow the user to enter a Serial Number where you would normally enter the Inventory Code. SapphireOne will automatically find the Inventory item that the Serial Number has been allocated to.
- Remove Qty Default Focus – When the checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not set the focus on the quantity data entry field when a new line is selected.
- Use 1 as Default Qty – Selecting the checkbox will cause SapphireOne to insert a quantity of 1 when a line has been entered into any transaction. Normally SapphireOne defaults to entering a quantity of 0 or zero This will provide more time efficient data entry for businesses that usually only sell one item per line.
- Warn When Zero Qty Line – When this checkbox is select SapphireOne will display an alert when any Invoices that have any single line with a zero quantity are saved.
- Can’t Enter Total Without Qty – Selecting the checkbox will prevent the entry of a total amount on Client Orders, and Client Invoices if the quantity is zero. As well if a total is entered into a Quote without a quantity and the order that arises from the converted quote is a zero amount order with no inventory items, it will not be allowed.
Note to users, the next three History Order functions are linked!
- Client History Order – This checkbox is linked to a Client Order in Inventory. Once the user has selected a Client for the order a Fill History button is displayed which displays all Inventory items in the Line List area that the Client has ordered in the past, but with an ordered quantity of zero. To enter lines in the transaction simply select a line in history and it is then displayed as normal in the line details area with the focus on the quantity data entry field. All a user has to do is enter in the quantity and then select the another line from the historical list. Once all required lines have had a quantity entered into the transaction, select the Remove Blanks button, which will remove ALL lines from the list with a zero-quantity leaving just the lines with a quantity greater than zero as entered by the user.
- Client History Order Special Rate – This is linked to a Client Order and operates in the same way as the Client History Order documented above. However when the button is selected only inventory items for this Client that are set up as having a special rate for the Client will be displayed.
- History Order Base on Last X Periods – The data entry field is directly linked to the two options, Client History Order and Client History Order Special Rate checkboxes in the left hand column. It simply determines how many periods are to be displayed.
- Fill Client History Without Build Component – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will fill the client history but it will exclude all build/ copy line components. This will simplify the historical record for a client when built items are a part of history.
- Transfer Location Specific – Selecting this check box will cause two additional fields to be displayed in the stock transfer window which must be filled in with a location From and a Location To. All transfers for this transaction MUST be From as entered and To as entered in these fields. When a large number of stock transfers are done in the one transaction, it helps prevent location errors and also simplifies data entry.
- Use Steel Mill – Do not use, please check with SapphireOne support staff for details.
- Prompt Reload Order – When the checkbox is selected SapphireOne will prompt the user that there is already an existing order for the same date in SapphireOne when a new OCI is being created. If they select yes, SapphireOne will reload the existing order so it may be added to instead of creating a new order. This helps stop multiple orders for the same day being created for the same Client.
- Build Back Order – When this check box is selected SapphireOne will display the back order quantity required when processing the built item.
- Recalculate Unpost After Save – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will recalculate the unposted values when every transaction is saved.
- Relate Base Inventory – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will only display the base Inventory level as each location item is selected.
- Sync Line Delivery Date – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will make the delivery date of the Inventory lines follow the Invoice delivery date.
Invoices Page Inwards Goods Section
- Retain Order Dates On New PGJ – By default SapphireOne enters the current date when a PGJ is created. Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne to carry the order date forward into the new PGJ.
- Arrive PGJ Only – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will only display PGJ’s in the arrival screen and filter out all other transactions.
- Auto Post PGJ – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will automatically post any PGJ’s created from the Inwards Goods function. This removes the step of someone remembering to post the PGJ so that it then resets the inventory stock levels.
- Do Not Record Inwards Variance – Normally SapphireOne records any Inwards Goods Variance to a specific General Ledger Account When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not do this.
- Warehouse Email – Often the Company has email addresses set up but the warehouse also has its own email address separate to the company. If this is so then warehouse email address may be entered here.
Invoices Page Print Settings Area
- Direct Print Tear Invoices – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne that when using the Direct Print setting to move the footer up to print directly underneath the final item line. Saves paper when it is torn off.
- Ask For Page Setup – Selecting the checkbox tells SapphireOne that whenever you print an Invoice to bring up the Page Setup Screen.
- Multiple Invoices – Selecting this checkbox activates multiple copies of Invoices to be printed with the titles based upon the names entered. This only applies for new invoices.
- Print OCI to SCI – Selecting the checkbox tells SapphireOne to print an Invoice for an OCI instead of a packing slip.
- Print OCI Total On Quantity – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will calculate the OCI value on delivered quantity when printing instead of on the audit.
- Extra Picking Report – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will print 2 picking reports instead of just the one.
- Show All Lines On Packing – Selecting this checkbox will override the ability of the user to control what lines are showing on the packing slip and will allow SapphireOne to display all lines on the packing slip automatically.
- Show All Lines On Order Selecting this checkbox will override the ability of the user to control what lines are showing on the Order and will allow SapphireOne to display all lines on the Order automatically.
- Show All Lines On Invoice – Selecting this checkbox will override the ability of the user to control what lines are showing on the Invoice and will display all lines on the Invoice automatically.
- Print Batch/Serial Components – This checkbox is normally turned on by default when SapphireOne is installed. When this checkbox is UN ticked the extra lines for the serial or batch components will NOT print on a Sapphire Custom Report.
- Use Delivery Date In Show Report – Normally the delivery day for show reports is the Date In. When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will use the delivery day instead of the date in.
- Default Output – This data entry field allows the user to select the default printing option when the print icon on the main toolbar is selected when printing invoices. These range from simply printing to the printer, email or both email and print together. The user should be careful when the Email & Print option is selected as SapphireOne will immediately blind email automatically while the standard print options will be displayed to the user. They may also alter the print options at the time of printing.Default Reports Area.
- Output – The default output may be selected here. The options are, Printer, Email, and Email & Printer.
- Report For Label Print In PVI – There are a number of locations in SapphireOne where labels may be printed. For example, in Purchases for both a Transaction Line Inquiry and History Sales Lines are two items.
- Custom Reports – If any custom reports have been created for labels, and the exact name of one of those custom reports is entered here SapphireOne will display an additional button in PVI’s Transaction Lines area.
- Example – A custom report is created with the name of My Label.lb
- PVI -For each line in the PVI there will be a button with the name of My Label.lb This will allow quick access to the printing of labels for purchases on a line by line basis as the invoices are processed.
- Auto options – When any of the 4 Auto checkboxes are selected SapphireOne will automatically generate an email to the Vendor when an Quote,Order,Invoice or Purchase is created and saved. A report will then be attached to these emails.
Invoices Page Default Reports Area
This area allows the setting of individual default paper types for different Transaction types.
Selecting either Custom Report-1 or Custom Report-2 from any of the drop-down menus will allow a What You See Is What You Get report to be printed. This is described in more detail in the Sapphire Tools.
For each type of Invoice, the user may set the default opening title that is displayed when an invoice is created. By selecting from the menu on the left-hand side of the page, individual opening titles may be set up for each type of invoice. SapphireOne will then enter in the specific details for a Client or Vendor from the respective master files, on the line immediately below where these titles end.
The Mail To, Deliver To and Instructions fields, set the opening titles in the first Page used in Invoices Details. The Footer information is displayed under the More Details Page. SapphireOne provides the ability to pre-define this information here.
This pre-defined text which may be anything that user wants, will then be entered by SapphireOne at the time of entering the transactions. This text can be, if necessary, altered on a Transaction by Transaction basis at the time of data entry. The primary purpose of this feature is to increase workflow by defaulting to the most commonly entered data.
Invoices Page Manifest Area
Before manifest can be used, the data field headings will have to be entered here. To open a Manifest Inquiry go to
Inventory > Manager > Manifest Inquiry. It is also available from the Inquiry Palette on the Main Toolbar.
In the Bondi Blue data file these headings are entered as This, Can, Be, Anything. Each word being a heading for a column of data in a Manifest Inquiry.
- New Data file – The Manifest area will probably be blank and it will be difficult to correctly set up manifest without these field headings entered.
- New Manifest record – A new manifest item will then have to be created. Then look at the new manifest screen and decide what the column headings will be named.
- Master Default Invoices Page – Then come back to this page and enter them here.
- No 1 to No 4 – These 4 fields allow the user to re-name four column headings in the Manifest function In Inventory Mode.
- Up to 10 characters may be used. Examples include Truck numbers, Vehicle Registration numbers or a description of how the item/s are to be sent.
- If nothing is entered here the column headings will be blank.
- Report 1 to Report 5 – These 5 fields allow the naming of five reports that may be created and printed in the Manifest function.
- Print Buttons – When a Manifest record is on screen there are seven on these buttons on the screen.
- Master Default – The five
- No 1 to No 4 – These 4 fields allow the user to re-name four column headings in the Manifest function In Inventory Mode.
- Up to 10 characters may be used. Examples include Truck numbers, Vehicle Registration numbers or a description of how the item/s are to be sent.
- If nothing is entered here the column headings will be blank.
- Report 1 to Report 5 – These 5 fields allow the naming of five reports that may be created and printed in the Manifest function.
- Print Buttons – When a Manifest record is on screen there are seven on these buttons on the screen.
- Master Default – The five buttons in the center of the seven are the Report 1 through to Report 5 items form the manifest area in master defaults.
Master Defaults Point of Sale Page
The Point of Sale Page is the ninth item in the list in the Master Defaults function.
This screen allows defaults to be setup for a Point of Sale (POS) facility in a retail environment. If the Point of Sale function is not set active the screen will be empty of any options. Once you select the Active Checkbox the full list of options is displayed for you to select from.
Point of Sale Page Point of Sale Area
This is the Point of Sale options area.
This area is used by SapphireOne when setting POS permissions since no system wide user login is required to access the POS function. SapphireOne will use the selections made here to determine user permissions when the user is creating POS transactions with the following proviso.
Once the Require Rep ID on Every Entry option has been selected SapphireOne will over ride the selections made here with the permissions as set in each Sales Peoples individual file. These are set up by going to Inventory Mode, clicking the Sales Tab and selecting Sales People Inquiry.
- Active – This checkbox when selected activates two items in SapphireOne.
- POS menu – The POS menu on the main tool bar in Inventory Mode will become active I.e. Not greyed out. The POS menu is accessed by going to Inventory \ POS
- Master Defaults – All of the options below will be displayed allowing the user to setup defaults for the POS function.
- Price Change Allowed – When this checkbox is selected, users will be allowed to make changes to the Final Rate and Total fields in the POS transaction entry screen.
- Discount Change Allowed – When this checkbox is selected, users will be allowed to enter in a Discount as a percentage or as a dollar amount, or alter any existing discounts to be applied on the transaction.
- Always Print – When this checkbox is selected, as each new POS transaction is processed SapphireOne will activate the print function and print one copy and one copy only. Additional copies may also be specified in the data entry field. (See below for further details).
- Always Email – When this checkbox is selected, as each and every new POS transaction is processed SapphireOne will activate the email function. From there the user is able to send an email.
- Require Rep ID On Every Entry – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will ask for a Sales Peoples Rep ID when the POS item is selected from the menu in Inventory mode.
- Unticked– If this option is un-ticked it will mean that a Sales People log in is not required to access the POS function. This will also deactivate some of the options above as SapphireOne will then use the permissions as set in the Sales Peoples file.
- Allow Account Sales Invoice Entry – When this checkbox is selected the POS screen will display an additional Account Invoice radio button. Normally POS transactions are saved by SapphireOne as TCI’s. These are then managed from the POS mode itself and are reported on separately as well. The user then has the option of selecting the Account Invoice radio button and saving the POS transaction as a normal SCI.
- Multiple Copies – Entering a number in the entry field tells SapphireOne to print additional copies of the POS transaction provided that Always Print the option is selected. Entering a 1 in this data entry field will cause SapphireOne to print 1 from the Always Print option and an additional 1 from the Multiple Copies field for a total of 2.
- Petty Cash – Set up a non-diminishing item so that Petty Cash may be tracked. Then use this data entry field to create a link to it.
- Rounding ($0.05) – This option rounds invoice to the nearest 5 cents. This will calculate a balancing amount to the Inventory Item specified in the field.
Point of Sale Page Fast Reconciliation Area
- Float – This entry field is where the default amount of cash that is listed as in the cash register at the start of each Sales Persons shift is entered.
- Totals Only – This checkbox when selected will enable the reconciliation of the Point of Sale facility to be processed based on totals only.
- Direct Print – This checkbox when selected, your audit report after reconciliation will printed in the format of the pre-defined direct print layout. This is designed to print on a 3” wide slip printer. If you wish to print on a different printer, ensure that this option is not selected.
- Since Last – These details are updated automatically after reconciliation. Normally when reconciling the shift or days takings you select Count for a simple count of the takings. If you select Download, you can download a file and append the takings to that file.
- Date – This field inserts the date into the reconciliation statement.
- Time – This field inserts the time into the reconciliation statement.
Point of Sale Page Cash Accounts Area
- Client – A dummy Client may be created and linked to here so that cash based transactions may be tracked and reported on. Usually named CASH.
- Vendor – A dummy Vendor may be created and linked to here so that cash based transactions may be tracked and reported on.
- Cash Bank – This may be linked to a General Ledger account that has been specifically setup to manage cash transactions in your business.
- Other Bank – Normally this is linked to the main bank account.
Clients or Vendors MUST be created first using a Client or Vendor Inquiry. Then when a POS is conducted the transaction will be automatically auctioned against the Client or Vendor entered. If no Clients or Vendors are entered here the SCI generated by the POS transaction will have an error.
Point of Sale Page No Sale Command Area
The No Sale Command, which will instigate the opening of the cash drawer, is set here.
- Ascii Code – The Ascii code to open the till is entered here. Please check with SapphireOne support staff for further details.
Point of Sale Page Default Report Area
The Default Report area is where the receipts are setup for POS transactions. There are normally two printouts required to finalise POS transactions. One for the Customer and one for the Retailer.
- Option Menu – This drop-down menu, which defaults to Plain Paper as seen above, offers a selection of options for printing these reports. Normally this will be set up to the format that you are using to print from your POS system. Commonly this will be on a thermal roll of paper although SapphireOne has the ability to print virtually to any type of paper of required.
Master Defaults Payroll/HR Page
The Payroll/HR Page is the tenth item in the list in the Master Defaults function. This screen allows defaults for Payroll/HR to be set to facilitate the efficient creation and completion of Payroll/HR functions.
Payroll/HR Page Payroll Default Area
- Default Payslip For Printing – Select from the menu options the style of printing a payslip. At present the user has twelve options for the printing of payslips for employees.
- Journal Line Detail – Select the required option from the menu. At present there are five options for this functionality.
It is STRONGLY recommended that the option, Full Detail by Employee and Company is used for any company running multiple departments and locations. If in doubt please check with SapphireOne support staff.
- Default First Note – Selecting this option sets the value for the first note.
- Round Cash To Nearest – Selecting this option sets the coinage for a cash payroll.
- Default Period – Selecting this Hourly or Daily, sets the Time Period for Award Entitlements.
- Default Start Day of Week – Selecting this option defines the starting day of the week for your pay run.
- Costing Method – Selecting a Costing Method enables you to use: None, Department, or Project. If a single Cash Journal is selected and By Dept is selected SapphireOne will produce one for each department. If you have multiple departments and none is selected here there will be one single merged Cash Payment Journal created. Linked to the Accounts Defaults area and the Single Cash Payment Journal checkbox.
- Allow Access To Payroll/HR Transactions In Accounts Mode – SapphireOne identifies payroll/HR transactions that appear in Accounts mode and does not normally display them. By selecting this option they will be displayed so that an Account or Payroll/HR manager is able to manage these transactions. If this option is selected further care will have to be used when setting up other users. Specific selections will have to be made in each users Access file in the Menus Page.
- Generate Superannuation VI’s Monthly – SapphireOne will normally calculate and generate superannuation VI’s as each Pay Run is processed. Selecting this option, will cause SapphireOne to only generate a single combined superannuation VI, when End of Month is run. Determination of the minimum gross amount to earn before Superannuation has to be paid, (currently in Australia it is $450) is also calculated when End of Month is run.
Payroll/HR Page Disk Bank File Area
- End Of Line – This area only contains one item the indicator which is a Carriage Return.
Payroll/HR Page Custom Area
This area contains data entry field headings in an Employee Inquiry that may be altered by the user.
- Tag1, Tag2, Tag3 – The three items from Tag1 through to Tag3 will be found in the Grouping area on the first page of an Employee Inquiry and may be reported on as normal for tags in other areas of SapphireOne.
- Rename Alt Rate Name – The second group from A to C are on the Salary Page of an Employee inquiry. In the center of the page is the Hourly Pay Rate. The three custom headings are just below the Hourly Pay rate heading and may be altered to what is required. Be careful and check how the new heading is displayed on payslips as if it is too long SapphireOne will truncate it.
Payroll/HR Page Payslip Options Area
- Only Display Total For Monthly Payslips – Selecting this checkbox prevents the quantity on an Allowance from printing on a monthly pay slip.
- Use TTD On Payslips – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to print the Total to Date from the commencement of employment instead of Year to Date (Default).
- Add YTD Super To Payslips – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will print YTD Super amount paid so far on the Employee Payslips.
- Add YTD Super Paid To Payslips – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will display how much superannuation has been Paid in addition to how much has accrued to be paid. The superannuation paid is indicated by the Super Paid function from the Payroll/HR Menu.
- For Direct Print Rediform 403 Format – This checkbox is a format for a pre-printed security Pay Envelope.
- Join Allowances Of Same Name On Payslips – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to combine Allowances of the same name but different departments and ID’s.
- Add YTD Super to Payslips – When this option is selected SapphireOne will print the Year To Date amount paid so far for Superannuation on the Payslips.
- Add YTD Super paid to Payslips – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will include the superannuation paid to the employee from the beginning of the financial year.
- Superannuation Display –
Payroll/HR Page Superannuation Area
- Use Allowance For Credit Side Of Super – Selecting this checkbox will allow you to reverse the journal created between the Allowance and the Account specified in System Controls, Period and Super GL.
- Activate New Super – Selecting the checkbox allows superannuation to be set up under Employee Defaults.
- Calculate Super on Gross To Nearest Dollar – Selecting the checkbox will cause SapphireOne to round superannuation amounts on the Gross amount to the nearest dollar.
- Calculate Super On Custom Real 1 – When the checkbox is selected super will be based on a % of Custom Real 1 field from Employee Inquiry / Custom Fields and not on their Gross.
- Proportional Super By Project – If the checkbox is selected SapphireOne will allow the splitting of superannuation on a project by project basis.
- Calculate minimum super payment based on the Pay start date –
For Department based companies the default sort for the Employees, Standing transactions and Working Transactions Inquiries may be set to the Department.
Payroll/HR Page General Area
- Do Test Version of ATO Magnetic Media – Selecting this checkbox provides testing facilities prior to live lodgement.
- Sort Employees By Department – Selecting this checkbox permits sorting by department.
- Allow RDO Accrual To Be Negative – Selecting this checkbox allows for negative accruals of your RDO.
- Payroll Period To Override Financial – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to insert the Payroll/HR period in the transaction when creating the Cash Payment, (MP) in Financials. If left un-ticked the transaction will have the period that Financials is operating in to be inserted in the Transaction.
- Use Alternative Number Of Fortnights In A Year – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to override how many fortnights there are in a year to a number specified that is not equal to 26.
- Always Round Tax Up To Nearest Dollar – Selecting this checkbox will make SapphireOne round up the tax to be paid to the nearest dollar on all occasions. This checkbox operates on a company by company basis. If the checkbox is not selected, tax for this company will not be rounded up to the next dollar. Then, if FX is used for some employees, an award maybe created for them and rounding, turned on in the Details page. When rounding is turned on in an award, it over-ride the selection of the checkbox and all employees included in the award they will then have rounding applied.
- Allow Payroll To Clone GL Accounts – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne that if the G/L account for the department that the employee is in does not exist, it is to create it by cloning, and then create the G/L transaction as normal.
- Calculate Leave On Current Payrun Employee Only – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne to calculate leave based on the current payrun and not all previous payruns.
- Always Process Payrun On Client – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will execute the payrun on the local machine and not the server.
- Disable ESCT – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not deduct Employer superannuation contribution tax from employer contributions.
- Import Timesheet With Inventory GL – When this checkbox is selected and a timesheet is imported as a line into a working transaction, SapphireOne will use the Inventory cogs general Ledger account on that line.
- Disable Auto Split on Tax – When this is selected SapphireOne will ignore any departmental costing splits set up in an employee inquiry
- Import Timesheet with Start/Finish Date – When this checkbox is selected and a time sheet is imported into a working transaction SapphireOne will use the Start/Finish date that is entered into the time sheets header.
- Enable Termination Annual Leave Net –
- Default To Email On Payrun – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will not bring up the print checkbox as active. It will only activate the email checkbox. The user may at the time select the print checkbox so that SapphireOne will print as well as send an email when the payrun is completed.
- Update Finish Date On Termination – When an employee in the employees master record. has been terminated SapphireOne will enter the finish date
Payroll/HR Page Account Defaults Area
There are initially two checkboxes visible and selecting the first checkbox causes SapphireOne to display the second checkbox.
- Create Cash Payment Journal – Selecting this checkbox will cause SapphireOne to generate the MP journal for posting to SapphireOne Financials.
- Single Cash Payment Journal –Once the first checkbox above, is selected you then have the option of selecting this checkbox. SapphireOne then generates a single cash line MP for the whole pay run. This does not override the multiple journal line entry in G/L. (The default setting). (It is linked to the Costing Method in the Payroll/HR Defaults area). The user will be asked when executing a Pay run if they want a single entry to be displayed when the Bank Rec is being processed.
- Use TSB For Downloading Timesheets – When timesheets are downloaded from Financials, TSB format from the Gateway documentation is used instead of TSA. Please refer to the SapphireOne Gateway Tech-note for more information.
Payroll/HR Page Single Touch Payroll Area
- Phase 2 – We started with single touch payroll. During the switch to version 2 we needed the ability to switch between the two. From now on this checkbox must be selected.
Payroll/HR Page Leave Defaults Area
- Accumulate Leave Using Pro Rata Method – Selecting this checkbox allows a new method of calculating leave, which reduces incremental rounding errors. Under the old method the leave is based on the conditions of the individual pay run and calculated on hours worked using the leave details in the previous pay run, as a default. Under the new method leave is calculated daily based on the award and employee’s details. This allows leave to be more accurate and enhanced to support Pro Rata as it takes into account the employee’s leave history. Please see Tech-note 44 Pro Rata Leave.
- Take Leave Loading On Alternate Rate – Selecting the checkbox allows the calculation of Leave Loading on an alternative rate as set in the Employee Details.
- Display Carer/Personal On Payslips – Can be used if Pro rata leave is set active.
- Display Holiday – Can be used if Pro rata leave is set active.
- Display Long Service – Can be used if Pro rata leave is set active.
- Display Public Holiday – Can be used if Pro rata leave is set active.
Master Defaults Custom Page
The Custom Page is the eleventh item in the list in the Master Defaults function.
Master Defaults Workbook Page
The Workbook Page is the twelveth option in the page drop-down list in the Master Defaults function.
The function of the Workbook Page in Master Defaults is for the renaming of a number of Data Entry Field headings in Workbook mode. These functions are accessible from the Inquiry Menu in Work Book Mode. They are all also accessible from the Inquiry Pallet as well. Actions and Contacts are also available from many menus in SapphireOne as the last items on the drop-down list.
Workbook Page Mailbook Area
- Mailbook area – Tag headings in the mail book function.
- Tag, Tag2, Tag3 – The three tag headings may all be renamed here in this Work book page in Master Defaults. The user should remember that these are just default headings established as place holders ready to be altered to any name that the user wants.
- Grouping area – In a Mail book inquiry the user will find all three of these tags in the grouping area about half way down the page.
- User Createable lists – In addition to being able to modify the headings in this area the user is also able to create drop down menus as required.
Workbook Page Action check Boxes Area
- Action Check Boxes Area – In the Actions function there is an area at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Check 1 to Check 5 – This area has five initially empty fields with checkboxes at their right hand side. These five fields are populated with the details as entered here from Check 1 through to Check 5.
- In Bondi Blue two of the fields have Prospects and Credit Applied entered for the first two.
- The user may select them by selecting the checkbox on their right-hand side. One, all or any combination of these check boxes may be selected.
Workbook Page Client and Vendor Contact Phone Titles Area
- Client and Vendor Contact Phone Titles Area – The user will find these phone headings on the first page of a Client or Vendor Inquiry in the Address area.
- Title 1 to Title 4 – This allows the user to enter in a name for the phone number headings from 1 to 4. The appropriate telephone numbers may be entered as required. Home, Mobile and Work are several common names however any name may be used.
Workbook Page Contact Phone Titles Area
- Item1 , Item 2, Item 3 – In the Contacts function there is a Details area halfway down the screen. This Details area contains provision for the entry of a number of types of communication with the contact. In the center column there is a heading Fax No with three data entry fields above it. Item 1, 2 and three are the field headings from this master default workbook function. They will be blank until the headings are entered here.
Master Defaults Assets Page
The Assets Page is the thirteenth option in the page drop-down list in the Master Defaults function.
This Page allows you to set your Asset defaults for SapphireOne.
Assets Page General Defaults Area
- Claim Depreciation In Year Of Disposal – Selecting this checkbox instructs Assets not to zero out the current years’ depreciation when an asset is sold.
- Single Journal For Each Transaction Type – Selecting this checkbox instructs Assets to combine all transactions with the same type prior to posting to SapphireOne.
- Format Some Reports To Whole Dollars – Selecting this checkbox enables Assets to generate most of the reports available in whole dollars.
- Do Not Transfer Auto Purchases – Selecting this checkbox prevents the transfer of an asset purchase to SapphireOne as a purchase order and a vendor invoice will have been created within SapphireOne.
- Use New Valuation Reports – Selecting this checkbox enables the new Valuation style reports to be selected.
- Asset Period To Override SapphireOne – Selecting this checkbox enables the Asset period to override the SapphireOne period.
- Depreciate On Closing Written Down Value – Selecting this checkbox instructs Assets to calculate depreciation on the Closing Written Down Value if required. If this is left un-ticked then an additional Depreciate On Opening Written Down Value checkbox will appear. Deselecting the Depreciate On Closing Written Down Value will use the Depreciate On Opening Written Down Value to be displayed preventing the selection of both of them at the same time.
- Auto Purchase on Auto Depreciation defaults to C Tax Code – Selecting this check box tells SapphireOne to depreciate based on the ex GST Price. SapphireOne normally includes GST when calculating GST
Assets Page Defaults Area
This controls which depreciation schedule that will be posted to SapphireOne.
Assets Page Tags Area
- Tag1, Tag2, Tag3 – These are tag headings that may be renamed as the user requires. Theyare tag headings that are displayed on the details page of an Asset Inquiry in the Grouping area. It should be noted that these headings are for user createable drop down list that the user may set up as required.
Master Defaults API Page
The API Page is the forteenth option in the page dropdown list in the Master Defaults function.
All of SapphireOne’s API fuctionality is managed here in the API Page in Master. The user will note that this API pages functionality is organised between two tabbed sections which are General and EDI & Courier.
It should be noted that in some cases basic documentation only will be provided for each API here.
Additional documentation can be found within the services own online support documentation.
A repository of which is located on the SapphireOne Partners page.
API Page General Tab
Assets Page Gateway Section
• Run Gateway Script – When this checkbox is selected the associated browse button will become active allowing you to navigate to a location on your systems hard drive for a Script file to run from.
It should be noted that this Script file must not contain formatting and be a simple text file. These files contain Custom Commands. These Custom Commands are listed in a separate article API Gateway.
Once the checkbox above has been selected, and the navigate procedure followed, SapphireOne will proceed as follows.
- It will then read the lines in the Script file in sequence.
- Each line in the Script file must be the name of a Table file in this same folder.
- Each Table file must be set up as seen in the Table files in the API Gateway manual.
- To create these files, you have two choices.
- Use any Non-Formatting text editor.
- You may use a spreadsheet program like Excel to create both the Script file and the Table files but when these are saved you must tell the spreadsheet program to Save As, Tab Delimited text. Excel also treats dots and the uppercase characters above the numbers on the main keyboard somewhat strangely in cells. If uncertain look at the saved file with any Non-Formatting text editor and check for errors.
Gateway Setup Procedure
Create a new folder on the hard drive. This folder must contain two types of files.
- The Script file folder containing the names of all the Script files that are to be run.
- The original Excel files that were use to create the script files. This is so that you can alter the script file if required.
Once the Script file has been created come back here to Master Defaults and use the button to navigate to it.
- On execution, the Script file selected in master defaults will be looked for, and the first line (Table file name) read. SapphireOne will then look for this Table file in the current folder and run it.
- If unsuccessful a sub folder will still be created called Gateway but no files will be created in it.
- When a Table file is successfully run the resultant output will be placed in this Gateway folder.
- If there are additional Lines/Table names, each line will be read and run until the end of file marker, %%%% is found.
Remember that for each line in the Script file pointing to a table file, there has to be a matching Table file for it to run in this folder!
When using Gateway II directly the % symbol is commonly used as a prefix to the Table file name to indicate to the user what is in the file. E.g. %Serial.txt.
Do not use this Table file naming convention when using the automated gateway function. Use for example Serial.txt or ExportSerial.txt. The Automated Gateway function will not work with the % symbol as a prefix to the Table file name. Do not use any of the upper-case characters/symbols at all!
Always check that the Table file name used in the main script file is complete including any file extension used E.g. Serial.txt
Each time the Automatic functions are run the previous files will be over written. Care will have to be exercised to ensure that the data written out each time is copied elsewhere on the hard drive before it is overwritten with the current data from the data base.
Gateway Setup Procedure Script File
You can use any name that is suitable for you. This should be located in its own folder that the server has access to. The reason a folder is suggested is that if you have multiple files they will be grouped in the folder and be easy to find and manage. This Script file will contain information that points to other Table files that have the commands that are to be run.
From here you have 2 choices:
- Have a Script file pointing to a single Table file containing multiple commands.
- The script file will have just 2 lines in it.
- Serial.txt The name of the Table file.
- %%%% The end of file indicator.
- The script file will have just 2 lines in it.
- Have a Script file pointing to multiple Table files each Table file having a single command in it. It would have a line for each Table file that is to be run in sequence.
- Serial.txt The name of the first Table file (Read Serial Nº?)
- Clients.txt The second Table file. (Read Clients?)
- Inventory.txt The third Table file. (Read Inventory?)
- PriceBook2.txt The fourth Table file and so on. (Read PriceBook2?)
- %%%% The end of file indicator.
In the second option above SapphireOne would read and run each Table file in succession until it reached the %%%% symbols indicating end of file.
The %%%% is critical in all files. It must be at the beginning of the last row to be read in each and every file.
API Page Data Imports Section
Data Importing & Exporting
Please note that this procedure is the same for both Imports and Exports in this area.
The only difference being that for imports you are telling SapphireOne where the folder it is to get the data from. For exporting you are telling it the folder that it is to send the data to.
The four items in this area are all used to import data into the data file. They are Freight Update, XML, Mercer Journal & Frontier Journal. When a time has been entered these operations become automated procedures where data may be imported into the data file. For further details on functionality please ring SapphireOne support staff for details.
The procedure for setting all of these up are all the same as follows.
- Time – First enter the time that the operation is to be executed.
- Import Location – Once a time has been entered click in the area just to the right of where the time has been entered.
- Folder Selection – Navigate to the folder where the data is to be imported from. It must be in text or CSV formats.
API Page Data Exports Section
SapphireOne supports exporting data from a number of tables as follows. Once the Start and Recurring data fields have been entered the procedure for The Inventory, Client and Vendor tables is the same. Provision has been made to export one, two or all of the tables as required.
- Start – Enter in a time that the export procedure is to commence.
- Recurring – If this is to occur every 24 hours leave it as set 0, zero. If set at 1 every 1 hour, 2 every 2 hours or 6 every 6 hours and so on.
- Name Table – Click and navigate to the folder where the import file is to be exported to.
- Query – When this button is selected SapphireOne will display a query enabling the user to select any cell in the table for export.
- Field Selection – When this button is selected SapphireOne will display a list of fields available for export. Multiple fields may be selected by selecting the checkbox in the Use column.
- Cell Selection – The only items that will be exported will be those that have the checkbox selected alongside them.
- File Format – The user is supplied with a drop down menu with the following options for the file export format. Either an XML or CSV style format file, or create both formats in two files.
SapphireOne now supports a number of payment options and currently is adding additional functionality or connectivity to and from various systems. A means of accessing or using these systems will be provided from within SapphireOne, so that these payment systems may be integrated into our system. From now on this API page here in Master defaults will become a common location for storing the credentials for these payment options and systems. They all have some basic documentation here in this reference manual and additional details may be found on the world wide web.
API Page Web API Area
SapphireOne now has a Web based API for the importing or exporting data in or out of the data file. Please ring SapphireOne support for more details.
- API Key – An API key must be created by the user. If the user want to create a random key select the Generate button. The randomly generated key will be inserted into the key data field.
- API IP – Enter the IP address of the API location.
API Page FX Rates Feed Area
These services are usually a paid service.
- Type – Select the FX rate option required from the drop down menu. When a selection is made SapphireOne will load the FX rates as selected. The options to read the FX rates from are, oanda.com, xe.com or exchangeratesapi.com
- API Key – If an API key is required enter the API key in this field.
API Page Payment Gateway Area
At present we have the CyberSource and Stripe gateways supported with others to be added later.
Information about the CyberSource and Stripe Payment Gateway systems may be found on the web or on SapphireOne’s main page under Partners. A selection made from the Type drop down menu will cause the associated area to alter as required, so that the appropriate credentials may be entered.
API Page PayPal Area
PayPal Area Setup
For PayPal functionality the user will have to obtain a Client ID and a Secret text from PayPal. It should also be noted that this PayPal feature requires a SapphireOne web pack license.
Before PayPal may be processed some items in the SapphireOne data file will have to be setup.
PayPal General Ledger Accounts Setup
First go into Accounts mode and execute a General Ledger Inquiry. For every currency that PayPal is to be used in ensure that a General Ledger Account which is a bank account is created.
PayPal Company Setup
Go to Utilities mode and select the Controls menu on the main toolbar. From this select a Company Inquiry.
- Company Inquiry – In a Company inquiry select the Control Accounts Page.
- Control Accounts – Go down to the PayPal item at the bottom of the list.
- Map Accounts – Select the Map Accounts button. A window will be displayed allowing the user to select the FX GL accounts that you have set up using the Accounts details just above.
- Add GL Account – Select the button to add the FX bank accounts as required for PayPal operation in FX.
Remember the order that this has been setup. Create your G/L Accounts first then link them to the PayPal API using the procedure above. Once the above has been completed you are now ready to start on your Master Default Settings.
PayPal Master Default Settings
Next go to Utilities mode and select the Controls menu on the main toolbar.
From there select the Master Defaults option and proceed as follows.
- System Page – On SapphireOne page go to the Network & Web area in the lower right-hand corner and enter in your company’s Public URL.
- API Page – Your business will have to contact PayPal and organise a Commerce agreement with them. They will then give your business a PayPal Client ID and a secret to be entered as text.
- Client ID – Enter the Client ID as provided by PayPal.
- Secret – Enter in the secret as Provided by PayPal.
- Payment Sync – A time has to be entered here so that the SapphireOne server will sync with the PayPal server and transfer all payments made since the last sync connection was conducted.
- Include Payment link on Sales Invoice Email – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will display a one time only payment link for a browser on the email that is sent to the customer.
PayPal Payment Procedure
- Include Payment link on Sales Invoice Email – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will perform a number of tasks when a PayPal transaction is processed via the web pack.
- Payment – SapphireOne will include a Payment button on the SCI or OCI that SapphireOne emails to the customer. They may then pay their invoice online through PayPal and SapphireOne’s web pack once they select it.
- PayPal Login – No login is required by the user, as the Payment button is hardwired to go to SapphireOne’s web pack online, and then directly to the user’s transaction and no other transaction or location within the web pack.
- Processing – Once processed depending on the information provided, SapphireOne will create a CR, CF, VP, VF, or MP for the transaction with Custom fields as provided. (Paid with SapphireOne PayPal link on the email so that it records the Client ID and Invoice number).
- Allocation – It then automatically allocates to the invoice within SapphireOne.
- Payment Sync – When SapphireOne syncs with the PayPal data base online, the Invoice number and Client ID will then be recorded in PayPal’s database as well.
- Transaction Completion – Once SapphireOne has determined that the transaction has been paid, the link from the button to SapphireOne’s web pack will be broken, so that it can no longer be used, and the amount owing will change as well.
API Page Mailchimp Area
SapphireOne integration ensures your contacts are updated automatically in Mailchimp. Import your databases from SapphireOne into Mailchimp and with the new Create Member in Mailchimp button, connect contacts individually. Subscribe contacts to different targeted marketing campaigns and the automated feature in Mailchimp lets you set and forget. Once you have a Mailchimp API Key, the MailChimp button will populate on all Contacts Details page.
API Page IntegraPay Area
IntegraPay is a payment solutions that enables businesses to accept recurring and one-off payments from bank accounts or credit / debit cards via Direct Debit, online / ecommerce and mobile apps.
They have a page on the internet which can be accessed by going to https://www.integrapay.com.au
- Business ID – Enter your Business ID provided by IntegraPay.
- User Name – Enter your user Name provided by IntegraPay.
- Password – Enter your password as provided by IntegraPay.
- eDDR Template – Select your IntegraPay template.
API Page Optus SMS Area
Optus SMS is a cloud based messaging platform that connects your business to an enterprise messaging solution providing your business with a SapphireOne API-deployed SMS messaging solution.
- Application – Enter the application name provided by Optus.
- Password – Enter the password supplied by Optus.
API Page EDI & Courier Tab
API Page SPS Commerce Section
SPS Commerce is a retail gateway with the largest network of EDI connections. It seamlessly connects with SapphireOne for automation of exchanges with trading partners. SapphireOne now supports SPS commerce or EDI services, Electronic Data Interchange.
The link to their web site is: https://www.spscommerce.com/au/
API Page SPS Brandscope Section
Brandscope is the new way to launch, source and buy brands. Connected with SapphireOne to release and buy multiple brands and centralise finances on the one platform.
The link to their web site is: http://brandscope.com.au/
API Page SKF Section
SKF provides online purchase and information. It includes a range of functionality, including: catalogue search, price and availability information, inquiries and offers, purchase order submission, order history and package tracking.
- Inventory Items – For all Inventory Items to be used with this SKF function the following details must be set up.
- Default Vendor- On the More Details Page of an Inventory Inquiry all Inventory Items must have the default Vendors ID entered as SKF.
- Product ID – Make sure that for the Product ID, the user enters the SKF Product ID. If this is not entered and left blank SapphireOne will use the SapphireOne Inventory Product ID instead.
- Hard Drive – An SKF Directory or folder has to be created on the server.
- This should point to the master directory where the SKF-EA system has been installed.
- This main directory or folder should contain folders like Batch, Incoming and Outgoing sub directories.
- Customer ID – The ID SKF gives customers a numeric value only not an alpha numerical ID. Please verify with SKF, and see if this is the correct customer ID when they send it to you.
Pushing a Purchase Order to SKF
The SapphireOne client application does not have to be the running on the same machine where SKF-EA is installed. To proceed with an SKF order proceed as follows.
- Location – Go to Inventory > Purchases > Transaction inquiry.
- Selection – Highlight the orders OVI’s only, as it will not work on any other type of transaction.
- Sapphire Tools – Open Sapphire Tools and select SKF > Send to SEA
- Upload Files – This will create the upload files in the Outgoing/Orders directory under the directory setup in the master defaults.
- Tags – Once all the files have been successfully uploaded, the respective OVI’s tags in the transaction inquiry will have been changed to Order Uploaded.
- Overwriting Tags – It is important to not overwrite the tag after this step as SapphireOne and SKF will look for it at the next step in the procedure.
Getting update status of the OVI’s from SKF
This step is automatic as the code currently runs every hour, when the SKF directory has been setup in Master defaults.
Based on 3 different types of files detected in a different sub directory it does different things.
SKF Order Acknowledgement
Once it detects the file in the Incoming/Acknowledgements folder it will do the following.
- Checking – It will try to find any OVI’s, with the tag Order Uploaded that match the internal reference number.
- Processing – Once it has successfully found the matching OVI’s, it will update it’s external reference to the SKF order number, and also change the OVI’s tag to Confirmed.
- Overwriting Tags – It is important to not overwrite the tag after this step as SapphireOne and SKF will look for it at the next step in the procedure
SKF Shipment Advice
- Shipping Detection – Once it detects the file in the Incoming/Shipping Advices folder it will do as follows.
- Confirmed – It will try to find OVI’s, with the tag set as Confirmed that matches the internal reference number.
- Dispatched – Once it successfully found the matching OVI’s, it will change the tag to Dispatched.
- Overwriting Tags – It is important to not overwrite the tag after this step as SapphireOne and SKF will look for it at the next step in the procedure
Once it detects the file in the Incoming/Invoices folder it will do as follows.
- Checking – It will try to find the OVI’s, with tag Dispatched that matches the internal reference number.
- Invoice – Once it has successfully found the OVI’s, it will change the tag to Invoiced.
API Page EasyPost API Section
EasyPost is a multi-carrier shipping solution. The EasyPost API is one integration point for 100+ carriers, including Australia Post. The link to their web site is: https://www.easypost.com/australia-post-api.html
All Australia Post functionality is accessible using the EasyPost API, including tracking as a standalone product. EasyPost standardizes the inconsistencies across carrier tracking and shipping.
API Page MoveIt Section
The MoveIt® family of companies continues a tradition of value-added transportation and logistics started in 1979 by Computer Transportation Services. With proven dedication and experience, MoveIt® utilizes unparalleled shipping technology in order to ensure that they exceed expectations – year after year. Shippers around the world with specialized requirements choose MoveIt® to increase efficiency and guarantee that their business continues to run smoothly.
SapphireOne now incorporates the MoveIt API allowing direct interfacing with the SapphireOne data file.
The link to their web site is: https://moveit.com/
API Page E-Commerce Section
The link to their web site is: https://ecommerce-platforms.com
In a nutshell, e-commerce is just the process of buying and selling produce by electronic means such as by mobile applications and the Internet. Ecommerce refers to both online retail as well as electronic transactions. Ecommerce has hugely increased in popularity over the last decades, and in ways, it’s quickly replacing traditional brick and mortar stores.
Ecommerce enables you to buy and sell products on a global scale, twenty-four hours a day without incurring the same overheads as you would with running a brick and mortar store. For the best marketing mix and the best conversion rate, an Ecommerce venture should also have a physical presence; this is better known as a click and mortar store.
SapphireOne’s API will currently directly integrate with three of these Ecommerce stores, Shopify, WooCommerce and BigCommerce. More will be added in future.
The link to the Shopify web site is: https://www.shopify.com/
The link to the Woocommerce web site is: https://woocommerce.com/
The link to the Bigcommerce web site is: https://www.bigcommerce.com/
Colours Page Master defaults
The Colours Page is the fifteenth option in the page drop down list in the Master Defaults function. This function enables the changing of colours in the Line Listing area of forms in Accounts and Inventory as well as the Background colours.
Some of the forms within SapphireOne are very similar, for example a Cash Receipt and a Cash Payment so clearly identifying these to try and minimise the mistake of entering a Receipt instead of a Payment for example is essential. One way is to use different colours within the forms themselves and this Colours Page in Master Defaults enables this to be set up.
The largest problem SapphireOne administrator will have will be the actual selection of the colour to be used, as the selection of a colour, is very user dependent. To alter a colour, click on the window next to the heading for each item and a standard colour pick chart will be displayed enabling a user to select a colour
Also, a lot of colours will not be displayed very well with the colour of the text in the line list area, so some experimentation will have to be done to select what colours work best. Users are not very sensitive to varying shades of the same colour but they are very sensitive to changes in the luminosity or intensity of colours.
The Accounts Inventory and Production areas, are used to select the colours used in the line entry areas for the selected mode and function.
Reset All To Default Colours – If resetting the colours back to the original SapphireOne colours is required at any time just select the large button at the bottom of the window.
Colours Page Background Colours
The Selection of a different background colour is done by selecting the Default window colour. A dialog is displayed enabling a selection to be made from the standard palette. The user may select from the colours as displayed or select: Open from file. If none of these are suitable, selecting the Default window colour will return the background colours to their default colour.
Colours Page Line Colours
To alter any of the line background colours in the Colours Page, left click into the light blue area to the right of the function name and the colour selection dialog will be displayed as seen to the left.
In the toolbar on the colours dialog there are a number of options for displaying colours for the user to select from. Once you have selected the background colour, save your selection by selecting the tick on the main toolbar.
The basic colours are basic colours offered by SapphireOne with no modifications to them.
Depending on the users requirement the actual selection of a suitable colour will be the longest part of setting colours in this Colour Page in Master Defaults.
Web Pack Page Master Defaults
The WebPack Page is the sixteenth option in the page drop down list in the Master Defaults function.
- Touch Style Checkbox – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to switch from normal sales entry procedure to touch screen style.
- Save Credit Card Information Checkbox – Normally SapphireOne does not store credit card information. . When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will store the data and auto fill the credit card details the next time the credit card is presented as payment.
- Session Expire Time – This data entry field sets the time in minutes before the local device disconnects the current session from the server. (Standard security procedure).
- Number of Search Results – When searching for any items using the web pack SapphireOne will limit the list to the of items as entered here.
- Default Printer – If necessary a default printer may be entered in the data entry field.
- Default Printer U – ??
- Visitor Host Table – For security reasons access to the web pack from the internet the may be set as an employee or a visitor which allows different levels of access into the web pack function.
- Visitor Procedure – If a visitor is using the web pack they may need some instructions so these may be entered in the Visitor Instructions data entry area.
- Pre Order Season – This data entry field is directly linked to a data entry field in the first page of an inventory inquiry the grouping area. The first three items in the list are tags which have been re-named as seen in the screen shot above. The Pre Order Season when a valid season is entered will restrict web pack users to only see those inventory items with the matching Pre Order as entered above.
- Pre Order Selection – This data selection field may also be used to reduce the number of inventory items in the list even further by selecting a Class or one of the Inventory tags from the drop-down list as seen to the right.
- Customer Order Message – This text field may use to automatically attach a message to order taken while using the Web Pack
- Display Inventory Available On Current Order List – When this checkbox is selected only Inventory items available for delivery now will be displayed in the current order list.
- Radio Buttons – Select if the default option for inventory data entry is to Scan the item of by manual data entry by the user.
- Scan/User Entry – By default this radio button is set on User Entry. The user will have to enter all inventory items by keyboard entry. If Scan has been selected and the device is able to scan bar codes, the user may then scan items into SapphireOne using barcodes.
- Delivery/Arrival Show Only User Location Items – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will only display to the user the items linked to the location that he is logged in to.
- Include Transfer On Arrival – When this checkbox is selected SapphireOne will show the TGJ on arrival. Any stock that has not arrived will have its value adjusted automatically.
- Sales Invoice Record As POS Invoice – When this checkbox is selected, any Sales Invoice’s, SCI’s will automatically be saved as a POS invoice a TCI.
- Modify Order On History Order Form – To be advised
- Favorite Base On – SapphireOne will create a list of favorites for each user. It bases the criteria for this from the selection made by the user form this drop down menu. The options are, ID, Class, Area, Tag1, Tag2 or Tag3.
- Delivery Check Packing Slip – This item allows the user to select the default printing option when a Deliver Check Packing Slip is processed
Web Pack Page Market Area
Web Pack Page Roster Area
These two items are directly linked to the Roster function for which additional documentation is in an Employee Inquiry.
- Shift Distance – The distance that the employee is from the scheduled shift.
- Time Margin – The time margin that will have to be allowed for at the beginning of the scheduled shift.
Web Report Variable Heading Area
There are number of headings that may be customised in the Web reports and these headings are set up here as required. This the same as in other areas of SapphireOne. Find the heading in the Web Pack, then return here and enter in the new heading that is required.
The WebStore Page is the seventeenth option in the page dropdown list in the Master Defaults function.
This function sets up parameters for an online store. Before this is set up please check with SapphireOne support as both a WebPack enabling access to your data file from the World Wide Web and a WebStore add on may be required.
Users are setup with access to the data file with restricted access to certain functions within the data file. This then enables the management of the business to allow Clients to access the data file from the web and enter in an Order or a pre-order.
Web Pack Page Inventory Item setup
Once set up a standard html page is then populated with selected items from your inventory.
For the items to be displayed in the web store they must meet the following criteria:
- Web – The Inventory item must have the checkbox selected in the Details Page. The items are then displayed based on Class and then Tag1, Tag2 and Tag3.
Web Pack Page Web Store Area
- Default Company – The will normally be the company that the user is logged into
- Default Location – Entering a will set the Inventory location that is to be used to source the stock used in the Web Store.
- Default Client – The entering of a is not essential but one may be entered if required.
- User Cannot Create New Account – Selecting the checkbox will prevent the user from creating any new Clients when using this function.
- Automatic Email To Customer – When the checkbox is selected SapphireOne will automatically send a confirmation email to the customer when any type of order is raised using the web pack. Email details must be set up correctly in SapphireOne for this functionality to work correctly.
- Exclude Tax On Price – When the checkbox is selected SapphireOne will display any prices without tax added. Normally prices on the web pack will include tax!`
- System Generated Random Password – When the checkbox is selected the system will generate a random password for the client or customer. Additionally, by selecting the checkbox, this will enable the generate password button.
- Category Colour, Base Colour and Background Image – The remainder of the items are all for the layout and colours of the web page.