Department Inquiry Overview
The Department Inquiry function within SapphireOne Utilities Mode is where the user can set up different Departments within the company data file. Departments allow for an additional level of data organisation, classification and reporting within SapphireOne.
New departments may be created using this Department Inquiry function, however in the case of Multi Company data files, the user will only be able to enter in the ID of the company that the user is currently logged into. A user logged in as Master will still be able to create new departments and attach them to any Company in the data file.
- Company ID – Enter the Company ID that the Department is being created for and will be linked to.
- Name – SapphireOne will automatically populate the name of the Company according to the Company ID.
- Dept. ID – Enter the chosen Department ID.
- Name – Enter the chosen name of the Department.
- No Accounts Transactions Check Box – If this is ticked, it will not create various Accounting transactions associated with this Department.
- Created – SapphireOne will automatically log the date of when the department was created, as well as the SapphireOne user that created the department.
- Modified – SapphireOne will automatically log the date the Department was most recently modified, as well as the SapphireOne user who made any modification.
Custom GL Class Area
This enables the user to choose to sort by Department Classes when printing financial reports.
- Class A – Select a class appropriate to this Department.
- Class B – Select a class appropriate to this Department.
- Class C – Select a class appropriate to this Department.
Client Controls Account Area
- Control Default – Enter the linked General Ledger Account.
- Tax Default – Enter the linked General Ledger Account.
- Variance – Enter the linked General Ledger Account.
- On Cost – Enter the linked General Ledger Account.
- BMCS Code – This allows the user to add the Building Management and Control System Code for certain marketing reports.
The user can select the Time and Date stamp to add the Time and Date and make notes about your action. The user can also highlight the text in the notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
Select the Load Image Button to attach any relevant images to the Department Inquiry.
This area can be used to enter any additional information about the Department.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.