Delivery Run Overview
The SapphireOne Delivery Run function has been added as a precursor to the Manifest function which is the next item in the drop-down list of Manager functions. It is a pre-manifest function and assists the user to create a Manifest item automatically. From this Delivery Run function, the tool used to link to Manifest is Create Manifest Run. This will be added to the Manifest Inquiry that will allow users to create the Manifests for each Delivery Run.
The SapphireOne Delivery Run function allows for the creation of specific Delivery Runs, and it also has the ability for Individual Clients to be linked to a Delivery Run. Clients can then be sorted into a particular run sequence or order with the use of arrow keys. This would then correspond with the order on the run that the deliveries will be sequenced.
Create Manifest Run
A SapphireOne Tool named Create Manifest Run exists. From a Manifest Inquiry selecting the Create Manifest Run would then link the Client Orders due for that day’s delivery in the pre-determined Delivery Run sequence. This function allows the user to organise the delivery of item by carrier. A carrier could be a Postal Service or a Courier/Freight company.
Delivery Run Inquiry
To obtain full details for the SapphireOne Delivery Run you can Look by selecting a Delivery Run and then selecting . To Modify a Delivery Run you can double click on the Delivery Run, or you can click on the Delivery Run once and select the Modify icon. Both screens look the same but only by selecting Modify can you amend the data. To create a new Delivery Run, click on the New icon or use the keyboard shortcut.
Choosing between a Standard Inquiry and a Custom Inquiry Screen
All inquiry screens in SapphireOne offer the option to customise the list of items displayed on the page. This feature, known as Custom Inquiry, allows you to select the data fields to be shown and the order in which the columns of data appear across the screen. Although a client list is used as an example below, any type of inquiry can be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below represents the standard inquiry list, displaying a basic set of data fields for each client record:
Swap to Custom Inquiry
When you select the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry’ button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen, SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen, as shown below. This Custom List screen provides the user with two main options for organising the data display:
- To add or remove the data field columns displayed on the screen, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
- To change the order in which the data field columns are displayed, click the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen, you can right-click on the column lines and choose from Delete, Move Left, or Move Right. More information on the Setup screen is provided below.
Once you have customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will be unique to you, and each time you log in, you will see the same custom view. You also have the option to select and save an unlimited number of custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen, as detailed below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen, which can be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To begin setting up your Customised List screen, click the Setup button, as shown above. The Setup screen will appear, as displayed below.
From this screen, users can add and remove data columns as needed. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables can be included in the Custom List screen, provided the user has the necessary authorisation.
The screen features several menu items across the top, which include:
- Reset to Default – Clicking this button resets the display to the default settings determined by SapphireOne. When you add a new data field, SapphireOne will place it on the right-hand side of the data columns. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to your desired location on the screen.
- Show Related Record – This option allows you to add related fields from other tables. By ticking the Show Related checkbox at the top of the screen, you can select a related record, and a mini view of that related record for the chosen entry will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields to be displayed.
- Favourite Set – Located at the top left of the screen, this option enables you to save a custom-created screen for future use. For instance, you can have a simple Inquiry screen for general use and a more complex screen view when auditing specific information.
When first Looking or Modifying a Delivery Run Inquiry the Details Page is the first and only Page the user is presented with. This allows the user to Set Up or Modify a delivery Run by selecting clients to add to a run.
- Sequence – A unique sequence is automatically assigned.
- Name – A name may be assigned to the delivery run.
- Notes – You may enter any relevant notes to the delivery run. The clock allows you to add a Date/Time stamp to the notes.
You may manually add clients to the Delivery Run.
Post Code Area
You may add specific Post Codes to the Delivery Run. Any new clients that use this physical post code will then be added automatically to the Delivery Run.