The SapphireOne Transaction Inquiry function displays a list of all the current transactions entered through the Job Project Data Entry function, including Job Project Client Invoices and Job Project Client Credits.
All Transaction Inquiry screens in SapphireOne list all the Transactions that are entered using the relevant Data Entry function. The user may Modify or Delete any transactions that have not been posted.
These transactions are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated Job Project transactions at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can also adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List windows, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
From this list you can also View or Look at all Job Project based transactions. You may also Modify transactions that are currently un-posted. Double clicking on the transaction will bring up the Job project transaction screen.
If the button is selected from a standard Inquiry, the screen will split in two. As a line is selected in the top section, the lines that go to make up the selected transaction will be displayed in the lower section. The button is a toggle and will alter to display ‘Hide Invoice Lines’. This option is not available when the customised list is being used.
The Delete option is only available for any un-posted transactions. A pop up will ask if you want to Delete One or Delete All. There is also a Cancel One or Cancel All option. If you attempt to delete Posted items an alert will be displayed warning the user that the transactions are Posted.
Choosing between a Standard Transaction Inquiry and a Custom Transaction Inquiry Screen
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate below, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logs in they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line. The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
Posting Job Project Transactions
A Posting option is available from the Job Project Transaction Inquiry screen from Sapphire Tools > Processes, drop-down menu. The tool is named Post Transactions.
Please note that this will post ALL transactions in the list. To post a selection of transactions only, highlight the transactions you would like to post and hit the ‘Command/Ctrl G‘ keys to Show Subset, or use the Options Tool and select ‘Show Subset’ to show your selected transactions.
There are several Transaction Types which are displayed in the Job Project Transaction Inquiry screen. Each type is indicated by a three-letter code. In Job project there only currently two.
The first letter of the three letter code type indicates where the transaction originated:
The second letter of the three letter type code also indicates where the transaction originated:
The third letter of the three letter type code indicates what the transaction is:
Using this coding system above the following transactions are listed with a type code as follows:
Job Project Client Invoice as a JCI, and a Job Project Client Credit is a JCC.
Each transaction has a Posted Status code attached. These are detailed below and are held in the Control Tab of a Transaction.
|Ent:||-2||Un-posted Lines updated (Modifiable). Line entered correctly and is ready to be posted.|
|No:||0||Un-posted (Modifiable). SapphireOne is preparing to post transaction.|
|Yes:||1||Posted. The line has been correctly entered and has been posted.|
|Wait:||3||Waiting to be posted.|
|Err:||-1||Error in posting (Modifiable). System will not post until the error has been corrected.|
|Work:||12||Currently Processing un-posted. The line is being posted now.|
|Lock:||4||Record in use while trying to update. Will post in next posting run.|
|Hist:||2||Record is now in History.|
|Rec:||8||Waiting to be Reconciled but already posted.|
|Later:||6||Waiting to be posted via the activity Queue button.|
How to Print Reports from a Job Project Transaction Inquiry
Selecting the Print icon on the main toolbar brings up a print dialog box which allows the user to create various purchase reports based on information in the data file.
- Print Destination – Allows the user to select between Printer, creating a Sapphire Custom Report or a Quick Report.
- Report Type – The user may select the type of report that they want to print. Details of all Report Types are outlined below.
- The Report Sort Order – Allows the user to sort data in different sequences and criteria while still using the same fundamental report format.
- Custom Report – Set up a custom report as required.
- Quick Report – Use the Quick Report option as built in to SapphireOne.
- Report Type – One Line Invoice Audit, Invoice Audit and Discontinued Inventory.One Line Invoice – This report consists of a simple One line per transaction.
- Invoice Audit – The user can select this option which will print in an audit style which prints the invoice lines that are in the transaction.
- Discontinued Inventory – This option will print discontinued Inventory.
- Report Sort Order – The user has 8 options for the manner that SapphireOne sorts the items in the report. Those options are as follows. Current Sort, ID, Type, Date In, Date Due, Internal Reference, Sequence Number and Period.