Remote Access Defaults Overview
The Remote Access defaults screen allows for the setting of the standard flags used for each of the different methods of connecting to SapphireOne from external systems.
This screen can be accessed by navigating to Utilities > Controls > Remote Access Defaults.
E-mail Orders Details Area
This area is used for specifying the e-mail account that SapphireOne will utilise to check for e-mail orders.
- Email Account – Enter the e-mail address that SapphireOne is to check for e-mail orders.
- Mail Server – Enter the url that the mail server is using.
- Password – Enter the password for the email account.
- Connect Every – The combination of entry fields and a checkbox specify the frequency and times with which this connection is allowed to occur.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
Remote Access Defaults Direct Access Area
This area allows you to establish which external services access SapphireOne and their location.
- Apple Events – Apple Events is a Macintosh network protocol.
- TCP/IP Connection – TCP/IP Connection can be used on all platforms and across networks.
- TCP/IP Number – This details the network address of the machine being used.
- Port Number – This field tells the computer which Port it is to use as the connection point.
- Threads – This field identifies how many Listening Processes are available for connection purposes.
- Registered Users Only – This checkbox when selected will only allow registered IP addresses to access the Gateway. These addresses are read from the user file before access is granted.
- On Server Only – When the checkbox is selected access will only be allowed from the Server.
Email Gateway Area
This area specifies the e-mail account to which SapphireOne checks for Gateway II messages.
- E-Mail Gateway – This field specifies the e-mail account to which SapphireOne checks for Gateway II messages. The Mail Server and Connect Every fields must also be completed. Refer to Gateway II documentation.
- Password – This is the entry field where the password for this account is inserted and held.