Time Sheet – PR (Job Project) Overview
The Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet – PR enables the user to create a record of the time, date and duration that an employee spends on a Job Project. All data entry from the Sapphire Timesheet PR will improve your Payroll/HR, project costing, time tracking and estimating, management and Client Invoicing (CI).
A time sheet allows an employer to manage Payroll/HR by detailing all employees working on each Job Project, and accounts for client billing and project management of their business, company or organisation. It also has the capability to record and track the duration of a shift or job by logging the start and end time of each resource for the respective job project. Time Sheet – PR (Job Project) allows the user to create a job project history detailing the time, duration, equipment cost, and cost of each Job Project, providing a final Job Project Client Invoice (JCI).
Time Sheet – PR automates the Payroll/HR process and allows you to perform Job Projects and produce Job Client Invoices (JCI) with efficiency in a detailed and accurate manner. It also enables the Sapphire Web Pack user to identify and manage Job Project costs, as well as make reductions for future payments and billing. Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet – PR will replace the traditional spreadsheet or paper based document, and allow the process to be fully automated and flow to the Job Project and Payroll/HR simultaneously.
Within the Job Project there is a dedicated page for planning and quoting that stores all the data that is come from the timesheets. This allows for budgeting and future planning and quoting for similar Job Projects so you’ll have a historical record of each resource time that was allocated to that historical Job Project. This can then can be dynamically copied from the finished Job Project into the new Job Project, and automatically populate the time in the Quoting and Billing page. This is the beauty of having a timesheet fully automated from the Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet – PR that it is dynamically flowing in real-time into SapphireOne Job Project.
From a corporate management culture view, Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet – PR provides the ability to be able to compare and plan costs from the budget cost against the actual cost, and then be able to identify resources or tasks that are consistently missing budget. This information will help with corporate governance facilitating better performance and potentially terminating unprofitable Job Projects.
Sapphire Web Pack Time Sheet – PR can help identify some unique efficiencies that can be gained within your organisation including time to invoicing, improved automation of invoicing and dramatically reduced data entry for the Payroll/HR. SapphireOne Web Pack Time Sheet – PR will increase revenue through efficiencies in invoicing to the client. This, in turn, will speed up the days outstanding of balances owed by clients improving the company’s profit and loss.
Within SapphireOne Job Project Time Sheet – PR helps build a repository of information that will enable dashboards within Timesheets to provide the in-users with insightful and real time data in a strong, graphical view. This in turn will help develop far more accurate and timely project management through the inbuilt Job Project Gantt Calendar.
SapphireOne provides unlimited historical data which when reviewing timesheets for resource and activities allows the end user to define better role based outcomes that in turn will create greater efficiencies.
Time Sheet – PR is contained within the Data Entry mode Sapphire Web Pack.
The Time Sheet – PR functionality on the SapphireOne Web Pack allows users to enter a number of Resources against a single Project. A Resource may be anything that is used to achieve the completion of a Project and has a costing value.
The Time Sheet – PR screen is the same as the Job Project Resource Time Sheet when using the SapphireOne Client Server. While the layout is different, the functionality is the same, and only the essential data entry fields have been provided on the Web Pack for ease of use when entering a Time Sheet while not in an office environment.
For the entry of data into the three fields that have a light blue background, there is no provision for altering or adding to pick lists. The Project, Resource and Activity pick lists are required to be previously created using SapphireOne’s Client Server mode.
- Project – When selecting this area, SapphireOne will display a pick list of all Job Projects setup using the SapphireOne Client Server. The Job Project ID’s will be displayed and the user can select the ID as required.
- Date – SapphireOne will enter the current date for the Date In, Date Start, and Date Finish. These may all be altered by the user as required.
- Saving – When all is correct select the Save icon to save and process the transaction.
- Canceling – At any point when processing the transaction the user may select the Cancel icon to cancel the operation. The user will be asked to confirm this when the alert below is displayed.
- Memo – Enter any Memo details required for this Time Sheet.
- Resource – When selecting this area, SapphireOne will display a pick list of all Resources setup using the SapphireOne Client Server. The Resource ID’s will be displayed and the user can select the ID as required from the list.
- Task – If the Job Project has tasks set up, the user may enter a task by selecting the icon. SapphireOne will then display a list of tasks set up for the selected Job Project. Click on your selection and a pick list of tasks will be displayed allowing the user to select the task required.
- Activity – When selecting this area, SapphireOne will display a pick list of all Activities setup using the SapphireOne Client Server. The Activity ID’s will be displayed and the user can select the ID as required.
- Description – The name of each activity will be displayed in the description area immediately below the activity data entry field.
- Date – SapphireOne will automatically enter the current date. This may be altered as required.
- Start and Finish – A 24 hour pick list is provided for the hours. Minutes are entered by the user directly if required.
- Cost – SapphireOne will enter the cost automatically if it has been previously setup.
- Quantity – The user has two options when entering a quantity for time.
- Directly enter the Quantity and do not enter a Start and Finish time.
- Or alternatively, enter a Start and Finish time and SapphireOne will automatically calculate the Quantity figure.
- Completed – This slider may be set by the user to indicate how much of the Job Project has been completed.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
Each line in the time sheet is displayed below the data entry field area. Each line may be selected and modified so long as the time sheet is unposted.