Standing Transactions Overview
The Standing Transactions Inquiry screen within SapphireOne Payroll/HR Mode is the permanent reoccurring record of an employees normal pay. The Standing Transaction will only reflect any permanent arrangements that you have for your employees pay or hours worked once their employment data has been entered by the PayRoll officer. This includes arrangements that do not change, such as an employees base Salary or Wage, or if a car allowance is given on a permanent basis.
This page has been added to the Payroll function as a convenience for the Payroll/HR officer, so that the actual transactions that go to make up an employee’s pay may be checked from within the Payroll function.
Any modifications made within the Standing Transactions Inquiry screen to any employee are permanently and will keep employee data current for all subsequent pay runs. Any updates or modifications required for a current pay run, such as Sick Leave, Holiday Leave, Allowances, etc are made within the Working Transaction Inquiry screen and will not change the data permanently.
If there are no Standing Transactions entered for an employee the employee will not appear in any Pay Runs. When a new employee starts the Payroll/HR office will need to open the employees Standing Transaction file and enter in Standing Transactions, such as a Salary or a Wage.
When opening the Working Transactions Inquiry screen the user is presented with a list view of all employees Standard Transactions. Highlight an employee and use the Modify icon to open the employee files and make adjustments. Select the Green Tick icon to save the Standing Transaction.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Setting up Standing Transactions for Employees
Standing Transactions for employees must be entered when any new employee commences employment. These details are updated when there are any changes to his employment record that has to be made permanent. For example, a car allowance is given on a permanent basis.
Until you have set up Standing Transactions for an Employee, that employee will not be displayed in the list when you do a Payrun.The first Standing Transaction set up for any employee would normally be some type of payment in the form of a Salary or Hourly pay with a set number of hours declared for each pay period.
Alternatively, an Hourly Pay rate may be declared with zero hours for each pay period. This would mean that the employee would receive nothing until their Working Transaction file was modified by the Payroll Officer to reflect the actual number of hours worked each pay period. This is useful when an employee works varying numbers of hours for any given pay period.
Information Tab Area
The Information Tab area at the top of the Standing Transactions Details page includes four seperate tabs all containing various Payroll/HR information and details that have been set up for the Employee. The Tabs include Employee, Allowance, Miscellaneous and Log.
Select the appropriate Tab to display the required information. These Tabs allow for reading and viewing only of all employee details, and any modifications can be made within the corresponding Employee Inquiry screen.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
Payslip Details Area
The user may enter a message here that will be printed on the payslip itself.
Standing Paysheet Area
The Standing Paysheet area is for the entry of all employees Standing Transactions such as Salary, Superannuation, Allowances, etc.
Select the icon to add a new working Paysheet line and the icon to delete a Paysheet line. When a line is selected the details are displayed above the line entry area and may be modified as required.
Once all of the line items have been entered into the Standing Pay sheet area the user is advised to select the Recalc Button. This will cause SapphireOne to calculate the pay and insert any items that are to be included in the employee’s pay, such as RDO and PAYG tax.
In each and every Payrun executed each Employee’s Standing Pay details here will be loaded into the Working Transactions inquiry file.
- ID – SapphireOne will automatically display the Employee ID.
- Name – SapphireOne will automatically display the Employee Name.
- Gross – This displays the Gross value of the Standard Transaction.
- Total Net – This displays the Total Net after taxes and deductions of the Standard Transaction.
- Recalc Button – This button is for the purpose of visually displaying to the user how SapphireOne will calculate the pay when the Payrun is finally executed. Any running alterations to the Working Paysheet will require the selection of this buttons to visually check that the pay sheet has been correctly calculated.
- Company Split Button – Selecting this button allows a detailed Costing Split to be used for the selected line. Either a Department or Project Costing split can be set up if desired from this single screen.
How to Split Pay between Departments and Projects
There are two ways to split a pay between Departments and Projects. These include:
- By adding an additional line within the Working Paysheet area of the Standing Transaction to seperate the pay into two lines between Department and Project. Please note that this will only split the actual Pay in hours and not any other items such as RDO, Union Fees etc. that also appear in the employees’ Pay Sheet. To create a, for example 60% to 40%, across the employee’s entire pay, please see the second method as outlined below.
- By selecting the Company Split button found in the bottom right hand corner of the Standing Transactions Inquiry. Selecting the Company Split button allows a detailed Costing Split to be used for the selected item. Either a Department or Project Costing split can be set up if desired from this single screen as seen below.
The user can first select the button to add a line. Then enter a percentage into either the Department or Project data entry field and enter the percentage for that line. For a 2-way split, two lines will be needed that add up to 100%. Using Project or Departmental costing allows the journals transferred to SapphireOne to be split between the selected costing areas.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Please note that when creating a new record in SapphireOne, you are unable to attach a document until the record has an entered ID.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local computer or device).
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local computer, device or network).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer or device.
The Title and Type of the document are displayed in the Details Area.
Last Modified Area
The documents area keeps a record of the Time and Date of when the document was last modified in addition to who initially added it.
Digital Assets Page
The Digital Assets Page allows the user to attach unlimited media to any major table record in SapphireOne.
Selecting the Digital Assets option from the Page menu within a major table record will display a list of digital assets currently in the data file.
This screen and all ensuing screens will overlay any current screen displayed in your major table. The feature allows you to attach digital assets to your master record.
- To add a picture simply select the button.
- To delete a picture select the button.
Please note that adding digital assets can account for additional increase in your data file size.