System Controls Overview
The details entered into System Controls are used as a fallback when the Company Details in a Company Inquiry have not been entered correctly. All Company related data must be entered into a Company Inquiry. It should also be noted that Company Inquiry details are set on a Company by Company basis in your data file.
Unique Control accounts, unique Periods & Taxes etc. may all be established for each specific Company in SapphireOne.
Full details of these two items, Company Details and Control Accounts plus other items, may be found in article named Company Inquiry.
Email Host credentials or details must be entered into System Controls. They are not entered anywhere else in SapphireOne. They are not entered into a Company Inquiry where outgoing email details are set up.
Registered Owner Area
The Registered Owner area is where all the key information about your company is entered. This will appear on all printed source documents and reports.
- ID – Enter the Company ID.
- Company Name – Enter the Company name.
- Trading Name – Enter the Company trading name.
- ABN – Enter the ABN number.
- Tax No B – If the company has a secondary tax No it may be entered here.
- Serial Number – This is SapphireOne’s serial number and it may be entered here for future reference.
- Date Started – The is entered by SapphireOne and is the date that the dta file was initally created.
- SBR BAS Company – Provide by the ATO.
Both the companies Postal and Physical addresses may be entered here.
- Main Telephone – Enter the company main telephone number.
- Facsimile – Enter the company fax number.
Email & Web Details Area
For complete documentation on the email functionality in SapphireOne. Emails Procedures in the Navigation & Procedures.
This documentation for System controls and the Emails Host credentials, has been copied from the Navigation & Procedures. These credentials are critical and must be set up and tested here, before attempting to set up emailing from any other areas of SapphireOne.
The host email, credentials and user name are entered here so that SapphireOne is able to access to your email server. To do this go to Utilities > Controls > System Controls.
Email Host credentials or details must be entered into System Controls. They are not entered into a Company Inquiry.
- Email – An email return address must be entered, so that when testing is performed to check the operation of SapphireOne, you are able to test it. This is done by sending an email to the email address that you have entered here by selecting the button.
- Email Host – An email Host must also be entered be entered here. The email Host usually starts with mail, and is the email server that your company uses.
- When SapphireOne is instructed to send an Invoice by email it will automatically attempt to access the Email Host as entered here.
- SMTP Authorisation Required – This is usually required and is a Username and Password so that SapphireOne can use these details to log into the mail system. If this is required, select the checkbox and the data entry fields for entry of a Username and Password will be displayed.
- Use SSL – If SSL encryption is required select the checkbox. This will tell SapphireOne to require that the connection from the web is HTTPS.
- Test SMTP Connection – This option will test the SMTP connection.
- Send Test Email – Once data entry is complete the user may send a test email to check that the Email Host is found by SapphireOne. The return email address on the email should be as entered.
- Alternate Port – SapphireOne will by default use the standard email port however an Alternate Port may be used by entering it into the data entry field.
If Office 365 is used the host email that Office 365 uses must be entered instead. They will probably be something similar to IMAP & POP outlook.office365.com for incoming Mails. For outgoing Mails: smtp.office365.com is the one to enter for Email Host above. Also, in a User Access Inquiry the Office 365 users email address must be entered as well.
If a single email Account is to be used across SapphireOne, the entry of the Email details into System Controls only would be needed as SapphireOne would then fall back to here and use this single email address for all users and all areas.
Mailing Address Area
This is where the user can set up their own personalised email address area.
Email Signature Area
This is where the user can set up their own personalised email signature area.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
Control Accounts Page
Control Accounts provide the main structure of your SapphireOne. They are carefully checked and balanced as you set up for operations.
Changes to Control Accounts must be done from within the company and not System Controls. Please go to the Control Accounts page of the company you wish to modify from Company Inquiry to make these changes.
There are four Tabs, System, Default Payroll/HR and Asset. These values must all be entered correctly even if you only have a single company in the data file. These values act as the final fallback location when SapphireOne is unable to determine the correct control account to use. In multi company data files. This will be used as the last resort.
Even for single company data files, if the control accounts are not setup here correctly, SapphireOne may not function correctly. Further documentation on the control accounts are to be found in a Company Inquiry in the article entitled Company Inquiry.