Quote Client Invoice Overview
The SapphireOne Client Quote Invoice is an extremely powerful tool that allows the user to manipulate line by line the Margin, Markup and Gross Profit (GP) for a particular Quote Client Invoice. It has a built-in back-to-back feature, that shows the link to the various vendors for that Inventory item where you have the possibility to manipulate your buy price, which will in turn affect your Margin, Markup and Gross Profit (GP) real time line by line. We also have the ability to create templates within a Client Quote Invoice. These templates use our SapphireOne Custom Report feature, which is similar to having a product like Adobe InDesign built into your SapphireOne. Every single field and table on the Quote Client Invoice can be designed to meet your corporate identity.
A probability slide bar is in built, and by clicking on the slide bar the user has the ability to slide the bar to the right, changing the percentage probability of your closure percentage, Percentage Closure.
All the data fields can be viewed in the Customer Inquiry.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate below, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logs in they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Use the Closure Rating Slide Bar to rate your expectation of the Client Quote Invoice success and sales pipeline progress. The Closure Rating Slide Bar is fully customisable for each Quote Client Invoice and can be dragged side to side to indicate how progressed the quote is out of 100%. For example, 10% for low progress, 90% for high progress, 100% for closure of sale. The Rating is also a searchable field and users can search for Quotes based on their Closure Rating % within the SapphireOne Custom Inquiry screen, making it a powerful performance tool to track sales progress in your respective pipeline.
The SapphireOne quote then can be converted automatically to a Order Client Invoice (OCI) and in the process of converting to a Order Client Invoice (OCI) will automatically create the back-to-back, which will generate an Order Vendor Invoice (OVI) on an unlimited number of suppliers depending on the number of lines contained within your original Quote Client Invoice. Each Inventory quote line can have a unique expected delivery date and you can also set an overall delivery date and/or closure date for that particular Quote Client Invoice. We have the ability to have inbuilt actions. This will automatically reside within the SapphireOne Calendar by right clicking on the calendar entry for the particular Quote Client Invoice. It will take a user straight to the Quote Client Invoice by clicking on the Client ID in the top left hand corner, this will take a user to that particular client and from there the user can make contact with their contact within the client. Use the contact to go directly to the client CRM contact for that particular client and instantly use the soft phone to call your prospective, alternatively click on the contacts email address which will take you straight to your SapphireOne email template.
Once the user opens the Quote Client Invoice and enters the Client ID, SapphireOne automatically loads all previous quotes, Order Client Invoices (OCI) and Sales Client Invoices (SCI) in the transaction tab. The user has the ability to select any one or a group of these transactions, and right clicking on the transactions and will be presented with a drop down Copy lines or Copy transactions, saving on data entry time and having the ability to have unlimited, predefined templates in a single tool, which will load in Inventory Prices, Margins, Mark Up, Gross Profit (GP), creating efficiency for your sales team.
When your sales team has completed creating the Quote Client Invoice and it’s ready to send off to your prospective client, all that is required is going to the SapphireOne toolbar and clicking on the Printer drop down, the user will be presented with an email option. Your predefined template will automatically open as a PDF attachment within your email and you will be presented with the opportunity to select from any number of your predefined SapphireOne Custom Report templates.
Quote Client Invoice (commonly referred to as a Client Quote) is the first item in the Sales drop-down menu, and is used to create a quote for an offering of goods and/or services to a prospective Client.
By entering a valid Client ID into the Quote Client Invoice, Client mailing and delivery details are automatically populated from the Client’s Master File. You can change the mailing and/or delivery addresses as required. Quotes can be deleted from SapphireOne or if you choose to retain them you may opt to use the tag as unsuccessful.
Quote Client Invoice Page
Quote Client Invoice Details Area
- Client ID – The Client ID is a linked field where the Wildcard characters may be used, or simply type part of the Client’s name.
- Contact – Accept the default contact person or select the contact person you are dealing with.
- Address 1 – This field is the mailing address which automatically populates from the Client record.
- Address 2 – This field is the physical address which automatically populates from the Client record.
- Alternate delivery address – You can type in an alternative delivery address. Delivery instructions can be manually entered into a Quote Client Invoice within the Delivery Instructions field. This gives the SapphireOne user the ability to manually enter delivery instructions for a specific order into the Quote Client Invoice and it can automatically be entered into the Requisition Vendor Invoice if required. Clear instructions are very important when shipping items to various locations.
- Delivery address from defaults – A Client may have an automated delivery address if there is a default address already existing within the Client. If there is no existing Delivery Address, the user can manually enter the delivery details and it can be pulled through to the Order Vendor Invoice (OVI) if required. If you have alternative delivery addresses saved in the client address page you can select them from a drop-down list.
- Copy Mailing address to the delivery address – The user also has the ability to select one of the two green drop-down arrows within the mail to and deliver to address boxes. By selecting the arrow, the user will be presented with a new screen providing all the additional multiple delivery addresses for that client within the client inquiry. The SapphireOne user can add unlimited multi-delivery addresses per client. This is also replicated in Vendors. Copy the mailing address to the delivery address field by selecting the arrow.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the Quote Client Invoice.
SapphireOne Document Management System (DMS) includes a Paper Clip icon on all data entry and inquiry screens and allows users to attach relevant documents or files to every transaction or record. Additionally, every data entry and inquiry screen within SapphireOne also contains a separate Page specifically for managing documents related to the transaction i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are currently no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or record.
SapphireOne Document Management functionality can store any type of file or document, and an infinite number of documents may be stored for an unlimited amount of time. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Within SapphireOne Master Defaults, there are settings available for the user to restrict the size of each individual document, and also to select where the documents are to be stored – within the data file itself or in a seperate folder. These options may be altered by going to Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > System Page. Within the Documents area in the right hand corner of SapphireOne Page, there is a provision for the user to set the ‘Document Size Limit’ (the default size is 10Mb). There are also two radio buttons where the user can select ‘Store with Data File’ as part of the data file, and ‘Store as Files’ seperate to the data file.
To attach a document to a transaction, select either the or Paperclip icon and the following Document List window will be displayed.
How to Attach Documents Using SapphireOne Paperclip
Documents can be attached using SapphireOne Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically. If SapphireOne detects that the document name already exists, a pop-up will be displayed alerting the user. Alternatively, the user can also select the Plus icon to select a document to upload from the local computer.
Once a document has been attached, the user has the ability to rename any document by right clicking on the file and selecting Rename as seen above. Renaming documents will ensure that document names remain consistent across all records.
Documents Area within Document Management System (DMS)
- Open – When the button is selected, SapphireOne will open the currently selected document for viewing.
- Update – When the button is selected, SapphireOne will display a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. This functionality allows users to update and keep records of different versions of the same document. When the new version has been selected, the user will be asked to enter in a new version number. The new version will now be the document available, and all previous versions will be recorded and available within the History area of Document List screen. The new version of the document will still be linked to any transactions that the old version was.
- Scan – When the Scan button is selected, SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to scan a document directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- Save – The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- Link Documents – The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to another transaction or multiple transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection. You can learn more about Linked Documents in the Links Area documented below.
- Link Existing Documents – The Link Existing Documents button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents. You can learn more about Linked Documents in the Links Area documented below.
- Delete – The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- Plus – When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Details Area within Document Management System (DMS)
When a document is selected within the Documents area, the Details area will automatically populate to display additional information about the document, including the Title of the document and the Type of file.
Notes Area within Document Management System (DMS)
The Notes area is for entering any notes related to the document. The user can select the green clock icon to create a time and date stamp for every note added.
The Notes area will also keep an automatic user log when any changes are made to the document. For example, if the document is renamed or new links are created. SapphireOne will record the date, time and user that made the modifications.
Document Details Area within Document Management System (DMS)
The Document Details area contains additional information relating to the selected document, and will automatically populate when a document is selected from the list. This includes the date and time the document was appended, the document number and the user who added the document.
History Area within Document Management System (DMS)
The History area displays a record of the complete version history of the selected document. SapphireOne keeps track of all version changes and will automatically display the documents history within this area.
The History area will automatically update as new versions of the document are imported when selecting the Update button . When a new document version is imported, all previous versions of the document will be recorded and available to view within the History area. This enables the user to always view the most recently updated version of the document, however still keep a complete record of the document history.
Links Area within Document Management System (DMS)
The Links area is used to link documents to particular areas or transactions within SapphireOne. The links area can also be used to view all linking information related to the document. For example, if the document was imported using a function with SapphireOne, the links area will have a line containing this linking information.
To add in additional links to a document, select the document and then select the Link Document icon. The Files pop up window will be displayed. From the File drop down menu, select what you want to link this document to. Then within the Value data entry field, enter in the details (ID). As this data entry field has a blue background, it is user searchable by entering the wildcard ‘?’ or ‘@’ symbols.
Updating a Document within Document Management
The procedure for updating a document is as follows.
- When the update button is selected the user will be asked to confirm they would like to import a new version.
- Upon confirmation the user will then be asked to choose the updated document to open.
- Upon selection a secondary dialogue will prompt the user for the entry of an alphanumeric value for the new version.
- Select OK.
Document Management using SapphireOne Documents Inquiry
As well as SapphireOne Document Management Paperclip functionality, SapphireOne Documents Inquiry function within SapphireOne Workbook Mode gives users the ability to view a repository of all documents and files stored within the SapphireOne data file. Users have the ability to add New documents, Modify, View or Delete existing documents from within the Documents Inquiry screen.
Any revisions made to a document within the Documents Inquiry screen will be updated across all areas that the document is linked to across SapphireOne, and similarly any modifications made to documents within the SapphireOne Paperclip Document List window will be reflected within the Documents Inquiry window. For example, if a document is renamed within a transaction Paperclip Document List screen, the document name will also be reflected when viewing the document in the Document Inquiry screen.
You can learn more about SapphireOne Documents Inquiry functionality within the Documents Inquiry article.
Document Control within Document Management
As an example, we have an inventory item with documents attached (installation instructions and a packing checklist amongst others). We add this inventory item to a sales order, manufacture, ship, completely finish the job. One year later we might have a revision of this inventory item along with all the Documents (DMS). Understandably, we don’t want to have to make a whole new inventory item for the revision, just update the DMS that are attached. We update the inventory item with all the new documents, ready for the next sale. When we refer back to the original completed Sales Client Invoice or Job Projects Client Invoice, we will we see the documentation as it was when the Job Project, Sales Client Invoice or Job Projects Client Invoice was completed, or the documents as they are now. In the example above where we have elected to produce an Order Client Invoice (OCI) with the current installation instructions and packing checklist. This will automatically flow into the finished Sales Client Invoice once the OCI has been delivered.
In the example above we have both the current and historical documents attached. As a SapphireOne user has the ability to edit the list and if they choose not to store the historical document and simply select the Minus button and they can delete the historical document. We also have the ability to modify the existing dociument keeping a log file of each and every time the document has been revised.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
Quote Client Invoice Information Tab Area
The Quote Client Invoice Information Tab area is used to display additional information about the current entry. You may only view information here and not alter it.
- Client – Displays client details including phone numbers, email address, credit limit, ABN, warning message, payment terms, last transaction date, balance owed etc.
- Invoice – Displays a list of recent invoices. An invoice can be copied by using right click and select Copy Transaction.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory line’s details from history, quantity, rate, date and transaction type.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date and default vendor.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Control – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
Quote Client Invoice Tracking Details Area
The Quote Client Invoice Tracking Details area stores details relating to the current Quote and is somewhat different to other Tracking areas in SapphireOne.
- System Entered Items –
- Margin, Markup and GP – These three data entry fields are grey indicating that they are not user entered but are populated with the amounts entered in the Transaction Lines section.
- Period – This field is populated with the period matching the date set up in company controls.
- Date In – The date this Quote has been entered on SapphireOne (usually SapphireOne date).
- Expiry – The date this Quote expires.
- Quote No – Internal reference number in SapphireOne.
- Order No – External reference number in SapphireOne.
- Closure Rating Slide Bar – Use the Closure Rating Slide Bar to rate your expectation of the Quote success and sales pipeline progress. The Closure Rating Slide Bar is fully customisable for each Quote and can be dragged side to side to indicate how progressed the Quote is out of 100%. For example, 10% for low progress, 90% for high progress, 100% for closure of sale. The Rating is also a searchable field and users can search for Quotes based on their Closure Rating % within the SapphireOne Custom Inquiry screen, making it a powerful performance tool to track sales progress in your respective pipeline.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID if required.
- Carrier – Shipping carrier, for example Australia Post.
Transaction Lines Area
The Quote Client Invoice Transaction Lines area is where the lines that go to make up this transaction are entered and stored. If the transaction has been saved but is currently un-posted, they can be added to, or modified as required.
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard search option to find The Inventory ID. Simply type part or all of the ID with the Wildcards of the product name to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Details – Once the ID is entered SapphireOne will display the Inventory name.
- Quote – Enter the quantity where a quote is required.
- SapphireOne will then display the Available on hand now, as well as any that will have to go onto Back Order.
- Rate – SapphireOne will enter the rate as entered on the Inventory item. However the user can enter the rate price manually by direct entry if required.
- Discount – SapphireOne will read any Client discounts from their master file, or discounts set up for the Item from Price Book if a discount for the item is current. If required the user can select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter a discount in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is entered, the discount percentage will display automatically.
- Tax Code – These should not normally be altered by the user and are entered by SapphireOne as they are setup elsewhere in SapphireOne. The user can also select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually if required.
- Tax % – SapphireOne will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – SapphireOne will automatically calculate the amount of tax in each line in the transaction.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Quote quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project ID – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard search options to search for the Project ID.
- Project Name – Once the Project ID is entered SapphireOne will display the Project Name.
- Don’t Print Checkbox – If this checkbox is selected, the currently highlighted line will not print on the Invoice. The amount from this line will still be included in the total value of the Invoice.
- Trans Ship Checkbox – Select this checkbox if the goods are to be shipped to the Client directly from the Vendor.
- Margin – This field allows for any price negotiation to be calculated on individual items. When the margin % is increased or decreased, the Rate will automatically reflect the change.
- Markup – This field allows for any Markup to be calculated on individual items. When the Markup % is increased or decreased, the Rate will automatically reflect the change.
- GP – Is the Gross profit (rate less cost price) and allows for any price negotiation to be calculated on individual items. When the GP is increased or decreased, the Rate will automatically reflect the change.
- Cost – The cost is normally setup in the Inventory item. This Cost data entry field may be changed to reflect the expected cost of an item. This is useful if the product has not been purchased or sold for some time.
- Discount $ – The User may enter discount as a dollar amount rather than percentage.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these data fields are a mixture of grey and white. Grey indicates that it is entered by SapphireOne and is not allowed for a user to alter it. The white background indicates that if a quantity here is entered by a user, SapphireOne will then go back and re-calculate the quantity.
- Weight Area – This field will then display the total weight for the transaction.
- Carton – This field will then display the total cartons in the transaction.
- Pallet – This field will then display the pallet quantity for this transaction.
- 2nd Unit – This field will display the Inventory items 2nd unit.
- Vendor – SapphireOne will automatically populate this data entry field with the following proviso:
- The preferred Vendor must be entered into the second page of the Inventory item’s master record.
- The Back to Back order function will have to be activated in Master Defaults by selection of the Back to Back order function checkbox.
- Buy Price – This field Displays the last purchase price of the item from the Vendor selected (Last Cost).
- Inventory ID – Displays the Vendor’s product code. (Must be entered in to the Inventory Items master record).
All of the lines in the Transaction Lines area, are listed here. The list itself, only displays the basic details of each Line. You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). SapphireOne will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
Transaction Footer Area
The Quote Client Invoice Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows for easy checking of critical details of a transaction.
These details include:
- Sequence – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free amount of the order.
- Weight/Area – Weight/Area is the total weight or area of all lines entered on the order.
- Carton – Is the calculated total quantity of Cartons.
- Pallets – Is the calculated total quantity of Pallets.
- Discount – This Discount box allows the user to apply an overall discount percentage to the entire invoice. All lines in the Invoice!
- Tags – The user can select a saved Tag from this Drop down or add a custom tag. To add a new Tag category, type the name of new tag into the tag box on the screen and then hit the tab key. Then select ‘Yes’ from the pop-up window to confirm. Alternatively, if you wish to remove a Tag from the list, simply select the drop-down menu and click on the name of the Tag you wish to remove whilst simultaneously holding down the Command (MacOS) or Control (Windows) key. Then select ‘Yes’ from the pop-up window to confirm the deletion from your current list.
- Access to More Functions Button –
- Export Lines – Export Lines allows the user to export the lines from any inventory or job project base transactions. This allows the user to export lines, then the client or vendor receives an email with a text file attachment, which they can then import into their SapphireOne ERP.
- Discount – Allows for the generation of an overall discount on the transaction based on either a fixed dollar value or a percentage.
- Zoom for Current Linked Record Button – Clicking on the icon once minimises the header for a reduced screen view showing only transaction lines. The icon will then change to maximise, and by clicking on it again it will return the screen to the standard view.
Note that a tag with the name of HOLD is built into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Many of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- Initially all of the tag menus are blank. This means that the user is able to create customised tag drop down menus as required.
- These drop-down menus are created by entering an item that is not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select the tag that you want to remove. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.
More Details Page in Quote Client Invoice
The More Details Page of the Quote Client Invoice screen includes additional data entry fields for Tax Details, Delivery Instructions, Standing Transactions, Transaction Details, Payment Details, Card Details, Cash Details and Cheque Details.
Text Details Area
The SapphireOne Text Details area is for adding additional unlimited text information regarding the quote.
Delivery Instructions Area
The SapphireOne Delivery Instructions area is for adding additional unlimited Delivery Instructions regarding the quote.
Standing Transactions Area
- Scheduled – The user has the ability to schedule all transaction types on a Weekly, Fortnightly, 30 Day, Monthly, Yearly or Other basis.
- Start/Next Date – Enter the next Start date of the next scheduled transaction. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
- Stop Date – Enter the Stop date of the next scheduled transaction. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
Transaction Details Area
- Date Due – This is another date field that can be added to the quote.
- Discount – The user has the ability to apply an overall discount on the entire transaction.
- Convert – The convert box allows users to convert the quote to an Order Client Invoice (OCI), a Sales Client Invoice (SCI) or a Till Client Invoice (Point of Sale POS). When selecting TCI checkbox the user then has the ability to enter which Till in the Till field box.
- Browse Signature Button – This allows the user to enter an image of the Clients Signature into the Client Signature text box below. When using SapphireOne’s Web Pack on a iPad, selecting this button will allow the user to sign the text box directly.
- Client Signature Text Box – This text box is used to store the Clients Signature of the invoice. Click on the Browse Signature Button above to insert an image of the Signature from your device.
- Footer Details Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional fields or information to the Footer of the transaction.
- Order Message Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional messages or information related to the transaction.
Payment Details Area
- Paid To – The users nominated Bank Account where the funds will be receipted to.
- Card – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid on the Clients Credit Card.
- Cheque – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cheque.
- Cash – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cash.
- Acc / Other – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being allocated to their Client Account Balance.
- O/B – Any amount that has not yet been allocated will be displayed here to ensure that the amount is always balanced.
Card Details Area
- Owner – Enter the Card owners Name that appears on the Credit Card.
- Card Nº – Enter the Credit Card Number.
- Expiry – Enter the expiry date.
- Type – Enter the Card Type i.e. Amex, MasterCard, Visa, etc.
- Authorisation Nº – Enter the Card Authorisation Number.
- Process Button – Selecting this button processes the Credit Card Details online through the SapphireOne / Stripe API.
Cash Details Area
- Total – This is the total sum amount of the dollar amounts entered in above Payment Details area.
- Cash Out – This is the amount to be given back to the Client in Cash. This will typically be something you see in a POS environment.
- Payment – This is a sum total of the different types of payments.
- Cash Change – The amount to be returned to the Client in the form of Cash.
- Process Payment Details Checkbox – Selecting this checkbox will automatically create a Client Receipt when a Quote Client Invoice (QCI) is converted to an Order Client Invoice (OCI) or a Sales Client Invoice (SCI).
Cheque Details Area
- Bank – The Bank name that the cheque has been drawn from is entered here.
- Branch – The Branch name that the cheque has been drawn from is entered here.
- Drawer – The Drawer is the Company name and can be entered here.
- Chq N – The Cheque number can be entered here.
Custom Page in Quote Client Invoice
This Custom Page is where the user is able to customise both the Custom and Transaction Lines area. This Custom Page is available in nearly every major function in SapphireOne, including Clients, Vendors, Inventory, Job Projects, Assets and Employee inquiries.
There are various numbers of Alpha, Numeric, Date and text field headings that are available for the user to customise. When the user edits these headings it is important to consider the number of characters that will fit into the space provided on the Custom page itself. A second consideration is how the headings will fit into any reports that are produced from this Custom Page.
For the existing default names as entered by SapphireOne, the first number indicates the order that it is in the group, and the second number denotes how long the actual data entry field is for the entry of user data. For example, IVAlpha1_20 denotes that the Data Entry Field is the 1st data entry field in the group, and it will allow up to 20 characters. IVAlpha4_30 denotes that is is the 4th data entry field in the group with a maxim limit of 30 Characters.
Link to Sequence
The ‘Link to Sequence’ function allows the user to link a Sale and a Purchase to each other. This is done through the SapphireOne Back to Back function. The SapphireOne Back to Back function links each inventory item on a Quote to it’s unique Vendor or Vendors. When the user converts a Quote to an Order Client Invoice (OCI), the Back to Back function will simultaneously generate an Order Vendor Invoice (OVI). Both the OCI and OVI will have their respective sequence numbers linked through the ‘Link To Sequence’ found on the Custom Page.
The same applies to a Sales Client Invoice (SCI) linking to a Purchase Vendor Invoice (PVI). For example, when an OVI arrives into stock and is converted to a PVI, the user will be able to identify which client order the goods are to be applied to by using the sequence number in the ‘Linked To Sequence’ function.
By clicking on the ‘Linked to Sequence’ headline SapphireOne will automatically display the linked transaction.
Transaction Lines Area
In the Transaction Lines area of the Custom Page, each transaction line can have it’s own unique set of custom fields. This includes Notes, five Alpha based custom headings, numeric field and date field per transaction line.
While the screen shot above is from a Sales Transaction, the procedure for the user to customise this page is exactly the same no matter what function the Custom Page resides in. All of the data entry fields in these Custom Pages may be used in reports in the same manner that other data entry fields are reported on in SapphireOne.