Tracking Notes Overview
SapphireOne’s Tracking Notes is a versatile tool that supports the life cycle concept and tracks various stages and events within the life of the note. With SapphireOne Tracking Notes, users can configure status and permission-based settings, making it a multi-dimensional tool that can facilitate operational rules in various departments. Unlock unparalleled productivity and organization with Tracking Notes.
Tracking Notes can be used in a variety of situations, including:
- Administering iso-certifications and maintaining legal policies and procedures
- Testing batches of products and storing test results
- Managing company security systems, including swipe cards and alarm codes
Tracking Notes Permissions and Workflow
SapphireOne administrators can configure Tracking Notes with permission-based settings, allowing only authorised users to update or modify specific documents. As part of the workflow, the inbuilt emailing feature notifies both internal and external parties of events and updates. Users can assign team members or teams to Tracking Notes and have all connected parties notified by workflow events or actions.
Once a SapphireOne Tracking Note is created, users can enter detailed information about the note. For example, if it’s a precedent document, users can specify how to reproduce it by accessing the Document Management System contained within the Tracking Note.
Closing or Deleting a Tracking Note
SapphireOne administrators can move Tracking Notes through various events and stages, eventually closing or deleting them as required.
Overall, SapphireOne’s Tracking Notes is a powerful and flexible tool that can streamline workflows and facilitate collaboration across departments.
Dictation and Speech to Text Overview
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line.
The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive time saver.
Streamlining Policy and Procedure Management
The SapphireOne Tracking Note function is a versatile tool that allows for company-centric overview of all policies and procedures within an organisation. The user can create an organisation’s prioritisation roadmap by department, providing valuable input for product and customer relationship development.
Transparency and Reporting
Transparency around reporting, policies, and procedures is essential in any organisation. With SapphireOne Tracking Notes, users can generate a timeline on various tracking notes, providing a clear overview of both the timeline and responsibility of all parties for the particular Tracking Note.
Integration with ERP
SapphireOne believes it is important for these systems to be part of the ERP. This allows for the connectivity of reporting at the level that integrates all involved parties in a particular Tracking Note, including the client, vendor, job project, asset, employee, contact, and many other fields contained within the SapphireOne tracking note.
SapphireOne Tracking Notes can be used in a variety of situations, such as compliance matters, including legal precedent documents or ISO audits. For example, if you have a legal precedent document, such as Terms & Conditions for your clients when they apply for a credit account with your business or organisation.
SapphireOne Tracking Notes has eight unique fields with customisable drop-down menus. These fields include Status, Type, Product, Document, Reference, Priority, Component, and Custom. Additionally, there are Custom Text and Custom Text B fields, where we also have the ability to link a Tracking Note to a particular Client ID, which automatically links to the particular Client or Vendor.
Tabs within Tracking Note
There are four tabs contained within the Tracking Note, including Summary, Details, Events, and History. Summary is the default setting, and Details contains a Found By field, Found Date, and Version Found. Events allows the user to add an unlimited amount of events using the Plus icon. The fourth tab is History, which provides the user with a complete list of all events ever added to the Tracking Note.
Document Management System
SapphireOne Tracking Note includes a standard Document Management System located in the top right-hand corner, so all documents can be linked to the specific Tracking Note.
Workflow is a very useful tool on Tracking Notes as it can automatically generate a sequence of stages or levels that can be approved on the particular Tracking Note. Within Workflow, you can configure an unlimited number of stages of verification/certification, as well as unlimited levels within a stage.
Flexibility of Tracking Notes
Tracking Notes may be used for almost any job or project where something has to be tracked and reported on. The layout for the screen is flexible, allowing it to be customised and used for virtually any purpose.
Overall, SapphireOne Tracking Notes is a powerful tool that can streamline workflows and facilitate collaboration across departments. Its customisable fields and tabs, as well as the ability to integrate with ERP, make it a versatile and essential tool for any organisation.
The Tracking Note function allows users to link any Client, Vendor, or Job Project in the data file, providing a comprehensive view of all relevant information. When a Tracking Note is opened, SapphireOne defaults to the Summary Tab, as shown below.
Use of the Green Buttons
The green buttons located throughout the SapphireOne Tracking Note function are designed to be user-creatable drop-down menus. These buttons serve a dual purpose of adding and removing items from the drop-down menu.
To Add a new item to the list, simply left-click on the button. A pop-up window will appear, prompting the user to enter the new item for the drop-down menu.
To Remove an item from the list, select the item from the drop-down menu and hold down the Shift key while left-clicking on the button. The item will be removed from the list without any additional warnings or prompts.
Tracking Notes Area
The Tracking Notes area in SapphireOne generates a unique number for each note, which is not alterable by the user. The numbers are generated in ascending order and in sequence.
- All of the data entry fields, including Status, Type, Product, Document, Reference, Priority, Component, and Custom, are user-creatable drop-down menus (as described above).
- The Client, Vendor, and Project fields can be used to link the tracking note to a specific client, vendor, or project, respectively. These fields have a light blue background, allowing for the entry of the “@” symbol to search for and select the correct ID.
- Additionally, the employee data entry field is also searchable for easy selection of the correct employee.
- If needed, a Required By date can be entered in the corresponding data entry field, which is underlined to indicate the availability of a pick calendar for selecting the date.
- Furthermore, if a valid email address is entered, SapphireOne will send an email notification to that address when the tracking note is closed.
The Tabs area in SapphireOne’s Tracking Note function contains four tabs: Summary, Details, Events, and History.
- Summary tab, which is the default tab displayed by SapphireOne, allows for a brief summary of the item to be entered. This tab is not user-alterable.
- Details tab is where extended details of the item can be entered.
- Events tab is where any events related to the tracking note can be recorded. These events are listed in the area at the bottom of the screen.
- History tab in SapphireOne also keeps a history of all changes made to the tracking note. This feature allows users to keep track of all alterations and events related to the tracking note.
Notes and comments can be entered into any of these tabs. Subsequently, allowing the user to provide additional information or context related to the tracking note.
When the Summary Tab is selected, data entry is not allowed in the lower area. The window is divided into two sections: the upper Tracking Notes area, which is always displayed, and the lower Tabbed area, which then changes depending on the selected tab accordingly. This allows users to modify data details in the lower tabs while having immediate access to any details or selections that need to be entered or made in the Tracking Notes area.
Please note that the screenshots for the Details, Events, and History tabs will only display the actual tab area itself and will not display the Tracking Notes area.
When entering data in the Details tab of SapphireOne’s Tracking Note function, follow these procedures:
- Entered By: This data entry field is automatically filled by SapphireOne with the currently logged-in user. However, users can change this information if needed.
- Entered On: This field is also automatically filled by SapphireOne with the current date and time. Users can modify this field if necessary.
- Status, Type, Product, and Reference: These fields are user-creatable drop-down menus. If the required option is not in the list, users can add it to the menu by selecting the green button.
- Description: This section allows for a detailed description of the tracking note to be entered,
- Notes: The Notes section is for any additional comments or notes.
- Link: Users can link the tracking note to specific hardware and software items from the Asset Inquiry list using the “Hardware” and “Software” data entry fields.
- Assigned To: This field is linked to a User Inquiry and lists all active users on SapphireOne. Users can select the appropriate employee for the tracking note. As a result, SapphireOne will automatically display their first and last name.
The Events tab in SapphireOne’s Tracking Note function allows users to record any events related to the tracking note. Three user-created drop-down menus are provided for the entry of data related to the event.
In addition, there is a space where notes and comments can be entered to provide additional context or information about the event. This feature allows for a comprehensive overview of all events related to the tracking note accordingly. The user may create custom details to be associated with a time date stamp that are saved to be used again. The process is as follows:
- Select The Events Tab
- Select the + button to add a new line
- Optionally select the Clock Button
- Do one of the following two options:
- Select a description from the drop down list if an appropriate one exists
- Type a new recurring description > Select “Enter” on your keyboard > Approve it in the proceeding confirmation window.
Events Tab – Data Entry Procedure
Data entry for the Events tab in SapphireOne’s Tracking Note function is straightforward. To create a new event, select the button in the lower-right corner of the screen. SapphireOne will automatically enter the current date and the user who is entering the event accordingly.
The only drop-down menu that requires an entry is the Type menu, which assigns a name or type to the event. The remaining three drop-down menus can then be selected from existing items or created if required.
As each event is saved, SapphireOne displays them as a list in the lower section of the window. Users can then remove any event from the list by selecting the button in the lower-right corner of the window.
The History Tab in SapphireOne’s Tracking Note function stores details of all changes made to the tracking note. These details include the date and time of the change, as well as the user who made the change. Users are not permitted to alter the details stored in this tab. The information displayed in this tab allows users to keep track of all alterations and events related to the tracking note.