Inventory > Inventory > Inventory Inquiry & Inventory Locations Inquiry > Sales Support,
Job Projects > Inventory > Inventory Inquiry & Inventory Location Inquiry > Sales Support
Note that for an Inventory Locations Inquiry, the Sales Support Tool is available directly from the main Sapphire Tools menu and not in the Process sub menu!
Sales Support Overview
The Sapphire Sales Support tool has been provided for Sales teams who require access to selling prices for clients. This Sapphire tool allows for a multitude of options and calculations when Final Pricing is to be determined and finalised. All of the calculations in the Sales Support tool by default are for the sale of single inventory items only. For quantity based discounts, please read to the end of this article on the Sales Support tool.
Selling prices in SapphireOne are determined initially by the Base Prices as set in an Inventory Inquiry and then flow through to an Inventory Locations Inquiry. From there, SapphireOne looks at any specific discounts entered into the selected Client or Vendor master record, followed by any Pricebook entries in SapphireOne. Pricebook being the final option, may be set up so that it ignores any other discounts in Inventory within SapphireOne.
We have selected a base Inventory Inquiry and then selected the Sales Support option from the Sapphire Tools menu. What SapphireOne will do in this case will be to display the prices exactly as seen in an Inventory or an Inventory location inquiry with some rule based exceptions as documented below.
Normally a user will have access to or view all locations within the companies data file. To restrict users to a specific department please read the article on a User Access Inquiry. The user for the screen shots in this article, SONE0, has access to all departments in the Sydney company in Bondi Blue so 0 zero, A and C are all listed.
The screen shot below is when it is initially opened with no data entry made by the user. Once the data entry ic complete the user will select the button will populate the inventory prices according to the, Client, Vendor, Quantity as entered. Note also that there are no price book entries active for the list below as there are no discounts displayed.
Data Entry items for the Sales Support Screen
- Radio Buttons – By default this is set to Client with the Client ID empty. If the Vendor radio button is selected, the data entry field heading will change to Vendor ID. Both of these data entry fields are @ wildcard and ? searchable.
- ID – Enter the required Client or Vendor ID. Wild card @ and ? searching is provided for as follows.
- No ID Entered – If this data field is left empty, SapphireOne assumes that it is to display the prices for all Clients or all Vendors.
- Client or Vendor – If a Client or Vendor is entered, SapphireOne will display the prices for the as entered Client or Vendor.
- Prices – The Sales Support tool will display the Inventory prices as they appear in either an Inventory Inquiry or an Inventory Locations Inquiry.
- Discounts – There may be a discount that applies to all Clients or all Vendors. In that case, the discount and adjusted prices would be immediately displayed as the default prices with the discount being applied to them, being entered into the Discount column as a percentage. (This is documented later in this article).
- Quantity – Once a Client or Vendor ID has been entered SapphireOne by default will enter in a 1 into the Qty data entry field. SapphireOne then checks for any pricing changes for all of the displayed Inventory items in the list.
- More than 1 – Enter the quantity required before this price is to be applied. If a number more than 1 is entered into the Qty data entry field and the button is selected, SapphireOne will also check for any Quantity Discounts entered into SapphireOne.
- Price Book Entries – These quantity discounts are normally entered as a Pricebook entry’s.
- Project ID – Enter a Job Project ID in the price ID for a Job Project. Leave blank if not required.
- Get Prices – When all is correct select the button so that the prices may be calcalated.
Sales Support Buttons.
- Search Item Button – This will display the detailed query pop up, which will allow a detailed query to be performed allowing the user to search for a particular inventory item.
- Print Price List Button – When this button is selected, SapphireOne will Print a price list as is currently displayed.
- Export Price List Button – When this button is selected, your operating system will export a tab delineated text file, which can be opened in any spreadsheet program.
- Create Order Button – This will create an order, Order Client Invoice (OCI) or Order Vendor Invoice (OVI), for the selected Client or Vendor for the Selected items. The inventory items must have the checkbox selected at the end of each and every Inventory line that is to be inserted into the Order Client Invoice (OCI) or Order Vendor Invoice (OVI).
- Checking Orders – The SapphireOne user should ensure the quantity in the Order will be the same for every line as the quantity data entry field here in this Sales Support tool. All orders created here should be checked.
- The Get Price button tells SapphireOne to recalculate the prices based on the entries as currently entered by the user.
- The Cancel button closes the Sales Support tool.
Sales Support Procedure
The Sales Support Tool will first check the Client and Vendor master files and then check Price Book records for any entries that are linked to the Client or Vendor that has been entered.
The settings area contains two radio buttons, which by default, are set to Client with the Client ID empty so the Sales Support Tool assumes that it is to display the prices for all Clients. If the radio button for Vendors is selected it will be all Vendors. If the Vendor radio button is selected the data entry field heading will change to Vendor ID with the above being enforced.
If the ID data entry field is empty, the Sales Support tool will display the Inventory prices as they appear in either an Inventory Inquiry or an Inventory Locations Inquiry, unless there is a discount that applies to all Clients or all Vendors. In that case the discount and adjusted prices would be immediately displayed as the default prices with the discount being applied to them all, being entered into the Discount column as a percentage.
Once a Client or Vendor ID has been entered, SapphireOne by default will enter in a 1 into the Qty data entry field. SapphireOne then checks for any pricing changes for all of the displayed Inventory items in the list. If a number more than 1 is entered into the Qty data entry field and the button is selected, SapphireOne will also check for any Quantity Discounts entered into SapphireOne. The user should be aware that these quantity discounts should normally entered as a Pricebook entry’s.
A Job Project ID may be entered but is not a requirement.
Column List Headings
While Inventory items are purchased and sold on a location by location basis, when Base Inventory is selected, SapphireOne will display prices for all locations instead of just the selected location.
- ID – The ID column lists the Inventory ID’s.
- Name – This column displays the name of the Inventory item drawn from a Base or Location Inventory Inquiry.
- Rate – This column displays the current Inventory Location price without Sales Tax, GST, VAT.
- Discount – This column will display any discount that SapphireOne is applying. If there is no discount the cell will be blank.
- Tax – This column displays the current tax being added to the price. For example, in Australia this is currently 10%.
- Final Price – This is the Discounted Rate + Tax.
- Checkbox Column – The column that contains the checkboxes has two functions.
- Creating an Order – When an Order is created from the Sales Support tool, the only line items that will be imported in to it will be those inventory items that have the checkbox selected.
- Find Function – They are also used when using the Find option in a Detailed Query.
Price Book applied to a Client
Note that the Inventory Item AACUT in Bondi Blue has a price of $300.00. The Sales Support Tool will display this price in the Rate column as $300.00 plus Tax of 10% with a final price of $330.00.
We have also created a new Price Book entry and set up ATLAPPS in Bondi Blue with a simple discount of 50% for AACUT as seen in the Screenshot below.
Once ATLAPPS is entered in the Client ID data entry field and the button is selected, SapphireOne checks for any price book entries for the entered Client or Vendor and adjusts the Final Price as seen below for all inventory items that SapphireOne finds that are linked to Price Book.
Note that Pricebook entries are set against the Tax free dollar figures. So $300.00 with a 50% discount = $150.00 + 10% GST = $165.00 as seen in the Final Price column. If any discounts are being applied they will be displayed as a percentage figure in the Discount column.
The List of Inventory Items
We have now set a Price Book entry as follows for an Inventory Class of TO and all Clients are to have a discount of 20%.
As may be seen in the screenshot below, there is no Client entered but the Sale Support screen now declares that 4 items with a Class of TO have a discount of 20% to be applied to them.