Job Project Client Credit Overview
The Job Project Client Credit is used to facilitate the return of goods or the issuing of credits for services supplied to a Client. It works in the same way as a Client Sales Invoice, however decreases all balances instead.
Data entry for this Job Project Client Credit is the same as for the Job Project Client Invoice.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
Job Project Details Area
When a Job Project ID is entered, the corresponding Client details including outstanding balance and credit limit are automatically loaded from the Client’s master file and displayed in the Information Tab area of the Invoice. These details are not printed on the Invoice as they are for information purposes only.
Selecting the underlined ID heading after the Project has been selected, will tell SapphireOne to do a query for the project and display it as the only item in a list. The user can now look at it or modify it as required.
How to enter information in the Job Projects Details area:
- Project ID – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard options, or simply type part or all of the ID to search for the correct Project ID.
- Invoice Text – This field is the mailing address which automatically populates from the Project ID. Any text entered in the Invoice Text entry field when setting up a Project will appear in the Text Details box as well. Unless it is intended that this text appears on the Invoice you will have to manually delete it prior to printing the Invoice.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the transaction.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Information Tab Area
The Job Project Client Credit Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it.
Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
The tabs for this type of transaction include as follows:
- Client – Displays Client details including Total due, Credit Remaining, Owing + Un-posted, Warning Message, Turnover, Credit terms, Product, Last Transaction Date etc.
- Invoices – Displays a list of recent purchase invoices. A purchase invoice can be copied by using right click and selecting ‘Copy Transaction’. By selecting a historical transaction and then right mouse clicking you can Copy Invoice, Copy Lines and Open in Inquiry which will open the selected transaction in the new inquiry screen.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays history of the Inventory item. Included in each transaction is the Qty ordered and Amount, Sequence N°, any Discount Code and percentage allocated, Date and Type.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default Vendor.
- Project – This displays the information in the Project master file for the selected Project ID
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
Standing Transactions Area
Standing Transactions are used to set up recurring transactions and controls how often the record is to be automatically created by SapphireOne for each period. A Standing Transaction is usually given a start date and a finish date.
- Scheduled – For the frequency that this transaction is to created you may select Monthly, 30 Days, Fortnightly, Weekly, Yearly or Other.
- SapphireOne will by default not set any Start/Next or Stop dates as they must be user selected from the date picking calendar provided or entered manually.
The Job Project Client Credit Tracking area stores tracking details relating to the current transaction.
How to enter information in the Tracking area:
- Date In – Is the date that this Transaction has been entered into SapphireOne (usually the current system date).
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date for the transaction
- Invoice No – Internal reference number and automatically generated.
- Order – External reference number.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID.
- Carrier – Shipping carrier, for example Australia Post.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls.
Client Details Area
The Job Project Client Credit Client Details area contains Client information such as Mailing and Delivery Addresses. These details are drawn from the Client’s master file and include the different mailing addresses for the contacts listed in the file.
By selecting the arrow to the right of the Client Details area you will be presented with a list of contacts from that Client for you to select from.
Transaction Details area
The Job Project Client Credit Transaction Details area is used to enter or display credit details and information, such as terms and conditions of sale which are to appear on the Invoice. You can use the [Tab] key to move through fields accepting details provided or over-type them if required, and use the [Shift] + [Tab] key to move back to previous fields to make any corrections.
- Discount – If there is a discount to be offered on a product or to a Client, you can use this screen to record it.
- Footer Details – This will default to those set in the Master Defaults for the Inventory Mode.
- Order Message – This is for any Message that is to be placed on the Order.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.