Transaction Lines Overview
The SapphireOne Transaction Lines Inquiry in the Inventory Sales Menu displays a list of all Sales Lines entered for the Transactions in the Inventory Data Entry screens.
This function displays a list of all transactions on screen and gives the user the ability to create detailed reports on all Sales on a line by line basis.
These transactions are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated transaction at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List Windows, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
From this list you can also View or Look at all Transactions. Any modifications to these records must be made in the appropriate Transaction Inquiry Screens.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Transaction Lines History
Double clicking on a Transaction Line will bring up a dialog box containing historical information about the selected transaction. The information displayed here is for viewing only. Modifications can be made in the Transaction Inquiry screen of the related transaction in Inventory > Inventory > Transactions.
There are several Transaction Types which are displayed in the Sales Transaction Lines Inquiry screen. Each type is indicated by a three-letter code.
The first letter of the three letter code type indicates where the transaction originated:
The second letter of the three letter type code also indicates where the transaction originated:
The third letter of the three letter type code indicates what the transaction is:
How to Print Sales Lines Reports
To print a Sales Transaction Lines Report, first select the transaction line or selection of transaction lines you would like to print by highlight the transactions and hitting the ‘Command/Ctrl G‘ keys to Show Subset, or use the Options Tool and select ‘Show Subset’. If a selection is not selected SapphireOne will print all transaction lines.
Next select the Print icon on the main toolbar to display the print dialog box.
The user can choose from the Print Destination, Report Type and Report Sort Order drop-down menus to determine the preferred report layout. Reports are printed using a combination of the two.
- Print Destination – This allows the user to select the destination for the print function from Printer, Custom Report, Quick Report and Labels.
- Report Type – These options will enable the printing of different layout styles. Detailed information on each of the Sales Report Types is outlined below.
- Report Sort Order – These options will enable the user to select a lot of various sorting methods or criteria.
- Report Selection – These two radio buttons enable the printing of All Records, or just the Current Selection of records.
- The Report Selection option will be altered by SapphireOne if the button is selected by the user.
- Once SapphireOne determines that options have been set up it will automatically reset the Report Sort Order drop down menu to by Options Control.
Below is a short description of each type of report that may be selected.
- Sales Lines – This allows a quick analysis of which sales are in progress for different Clients.
- Margin Analysis – This will print an analysis on the margin made on the sale.
- Mark-Up Analysis – This will print an analysis on the mark-up on the sale.
- Allocation Analysis – This creates a report detailing the allocation of payment details from the accounts section based upon percentages.
- Style & Wide – The Style and Wide reports will print using Date as the selected Breakdown Configuration (Set in the Options screen. Do not forget that these Style & Wide Report Type Selections as will not work correctly until some type of option has been set).
- Style 1 – Totals – This allows for quick analysis of your sales lines with the ability to view Gross Profit, Cost, Margin or Average. This report is designed for use as a simple sales analysis tool.
- Style 2 – Totals – This report allows for quick analysis of your sales lines with the ability to view Gross Profit, Cost, Margin or Average. This report is designed for use as a moderate sales analysis tool.
- Style 3 – Totals – This report allows for detailed analysis of your sales lines with the ability to view Gross Profit, Cost, Margin or Average. This report is designed for use as an advanced sales analysis tool.
- Wide 1 – Totals – This report allows for a summarised analysis of your sales lines with the ability to view Gross Profit, Cost, Margin or Average. This report is designed for use as a moderate sales analysis tool.
- Wide 2 – Totals – This report allows for a detailed analysis of your sales lines with the ability to view Gross Profit, Cost, Margin or Average. This report is designed for use as an advanced sales analysis tool.
- Wide 1 – Detailed – Allows for a detailed analysis of your sales lines with the ability to view Gross Profit, Cost, Margin and Average. This report provides an advanced sales analysis tool in a landscape format.
- Wide 2 – Detailed – Allows for a detailed analysis of your sales lines with the ability to view Gross Profit, Cost, Margin and Average. This report provides an advanced sales analysis tool in a landscape format.
- Sales And Purchase Ledger – Select your Report Type, Sales and Purchase Ledger then to go to Options. From there select the button and select an option. For screen shots on this refer back to the section entitled Options.
Selecting the button gives the user the ability to customise the report even further.
- Break Configuration – By using two drop down menus the user is able to set break points for the report.
- Pre-Processing – Selecting the Pre-Processing Checkbox activates the pre-processing options. Any one of these radio buttons may be selected at a time.
- Sales through to Vendor radio buttons – Selecting one of these radio buttons will tell SapphireOne to base the report on the radio button option as selected with one exception the Custom radio button.
- Custom Radio Button – When this radio button is selected SapphireOne will now display an additional dialog. When the Custom button is selected this brings up a new Edit Formula dialog. Here you can enter in a formula or full database style query, to further enhance the printing of the Transaction Line Inquiry details.
- Other Buttons – There are a number of buttons across the bottom of the screen. SapphireOne does provide for the Saving of a report once setup, and the Loading or re-loading of an existing saved Transaction Lines Sales report.
- S/P Button – Selecting the button (Sales and Purchases) will bring up the Sales and Purchases Select Report Controls dialog box. This enables the user to perform a query on Sales and Purchases.
- The user can search for a particular Internal Reference number, a Period, a range of Periods or All of your records.
- This can be used in the preparation of Sales & Purchase Ledger Reports.